Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Python] Icarus server from 2016 (asyncoro, pymysql)

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hello,

This is just a small base I wrote in 2016 and then decided to put it up, fix it up, update it to 2017 production revision and patch any bugs that this had.

Features

- Latest 2017 revision support
- Database access
- Authentication
- Navigator somewhat started
- Room entry started
- Walking
- Pathfinding
- Leaving room

How to install dependencies

If you have pip installed, just type these commands below, to install asyncoro:

Code:
pip install asyncoro

And to install pymysql

Code:
pip install pymysql

Screenshots

BqcHNw7 - [Python] Icarus server from 2016 (asyncoro, pymysql) - RaGEZONE Forums

bMPpBpu - [Python] Icarus server from 2016 (asyncoro, pymysql) - RaGEZONE Forums

Iu118VR - [Python] Icarus server from 2016 (asyncoro, pymysql) - RaGEZONE Forums

Source code

Source:

Database:

SWF production:

Feel free to use this as a base, and please give credits back to me. :eek:tt1:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:

u20

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Uhm, really great. Maybe I'll do something on it.

Reaction score
In my opinion, python is terrible for a habbo emulator.

Always appreciated your work, you like to try different things and always deliver a decent amount of content, whether you completely finish the project or not.

If someone on here was in their first year of comp sci or comp eng and interested in retros, this would be great to look at for a general sense of the language with use of other components like mysql or sockets.

Thanks, not for me, but for those who come after us.

☮TAKU????
Reaction score

Always appreciated your work, you like to try different things and always deliver a decent amount of content, whether you completely finish the project or not.

If someone on here was in their first year of comp sci or comp eng and interested in retros, this would be great to look at for a general sense of the language with use of other components like mysql or sockets.

Im very interested in hearing your arguments for your statement that Python is a bad chooise for a packethandler / gameserver. Too many unargumented statements from you. Too many opinions on what language is used on this sub-forum imo, if the end product is equal to the original it doesn't matter that much when we are talking about 1000-2000 connections at maximum imo (in terms of performance).

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I agree, Python is only good for small projects (in my opinion), not for large scale projects because it's easy to lose track of flow and where functions are called from due to type inference, lack of interfaces, and error handling is one of the most frustrating things I've encountered in Python.

Reaction score
Im very interested in hearing your arguments for your statement that Python is a bad chooise for a packethandler / gameserver. Too many unargumented statements from you. Too many opinions on what language is used on this sub-forum imo, if the end product is equal to the original it doesn't matter that much when we are talking about 1000-2000 connections at maximum imo (in terms of performance).

Unargumented statement? Most of the time, that's what an opinion is. But, I will indulge you.

I don't like the idea of using it for a habbo emulator because a habbo emulator is a large project, when complete, has hundreds of functions and tens if not over one hundred classes, which all need error handling, some of which need interfacing (commands, catalogue pages, items, furniture entries to name a few). And I just find all of that tedious in python, if it can be done at all, much easier in a language such as C# or Java.

I looked at Icarus Python a fair few months back, after I requested to see it from Alex because I was interested. Which is where I fall back to, in my opinion, not good for a habbo server because I personally did not like it for this purpose.

☮TAKU????
Reaction score
Your opinion, yep. But very interested in why you would have that opinion. And that's why I asked you to back it up. I can clearly understand and agree with your points (also OP seems to agree). So thank you for that.

I just thought this was another contribution to "the big language debate", which imo just grows to become more and more meaningless.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Personally I have no issues with posts stating that x language is not the best for x task. However, if the developer has decided to use x language for his/her project and then people start complaining and shitposting because they "made the wrong choice of language", that's saddening imo. (Not saying anyone did it in this thread)

It's not like we're doing rocket science here. If someone wants to build an emulator in php then i'm all for that. You go do your thing and have fun while doing it.

Reaction score
I looked at Icarus Python a fair few months back, after I requested to see it from Alex because I was interested. Which is where I fall back to, in my opinion, not good for a habbo server because I personally did not like it for this purpose.

Because you saw Alex' implementation you decided Python is a horrible language for an emulator? Are you sure this means there is something wrong with Python or perhaps his implementation...

Back