Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[REL] Fresh Emulator - Butterfly - Stable - Phoenix DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
It's an issue with almost every emu. The emu sets online count to the count of active connections, so they can just connect a lot of times. The easiest way to counter this is to set a limit for connections per IP.

Either that or pull the amount of users with online='1' in the db and cache it for a while instead of running off the client count which is actually buggy enough in Butterfly.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Most likely they attack on the emulator port.
That's exactly what they are doing, hitting the emu port, the actual server is fine I was just trying to ask is there anything I can do with this emu to stop them hitting on this port.

Reaction score
That's exactly what they are doing, hitting the emu port, the actual server is fine I was just trying to ask is there anything I can do with this emu to stop them hitting on this port.

Drop anny connection immediately if they have requested x amount of times before over a certain amount of time and there are no users logged in with that IP.

In short your statement is either accidentally incorrectly worded or extremely vague... neither of which is helpful. Recall that a server socket is created with a specified socket type and protocol then bound to a port -- among other less prominent details. The initial handshake between a client and a server is the actual creation of both sockets where the full duplex byte stream is established. To flood the emulator with requests all one needs to do is create and destroy a large number of sockets where the remote endpoint is the IP address and port that the emulator has bound its socket to. With that being said, more sophisticated flooding attacks can be made if one knows the implementation of the server... so I reckon there is more depth to the attack that Tardis is receiving, however, extending upon the previously mentioned basic attack.

In all seriousness though, your absent knowledge of socket programming should worry you since you have taken upon yourself to develop the sequel to Butterfly/Uber. If this is a preview of the sophistication of the implementation powering your network classes in your project then I am worried.

To give this solution an analogy; all you're doing is changing the phone extension, however, once the new phone extension is known the attack can continue... you goof ball :glare:

See above. There are software solutions (i.e. changes to your emulator) that can fix your online count, however, I suggest you setup a proxy server that can properly mitigate network requests; as far as I am aware this solution is best implemented with a piece of hardware. Discuss the specifics with your hosting provider.

Doesn't necessary have to be full duplex Mr. 'Look At The Cool Words I Know'. Clould be half or simple too depending of the setup of the endpoint user.

To flood an emulator you need to create a large amount of sockets without closing them OR send a lot of packets without sanding ACK and FIN.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Drop anny connection immediately if they have requested x amount of times before over a certain amount of time and there are no users logged in with that IP.

We coded it to drop the connection if the first packet from that IP isn't the policy request. Worked well :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
​anybody else got a issue with the shop button not being clickable?

Reaction score
help me error mysql:

Error in query:
UPDATE items SET room_id = 23425, x = 9, y = 12, z = 0,65, rot = 2 WHERE id = 2098100
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '65, rot = 2 WHERE id = 2098100' at line 1
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int32& insertedId)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int32& insertedId)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Database_Manager.Database.Session_Details.QueryAdapter.runQuery() in c:\Users\Jonty\Desktop\Emulators\FreshEmu\Database Manager\Database_Manager\Database\Session_Details\QueryAdapter.cs:line 207

Setting the Z to 0,65 will cause an error. It should be 0.65 which is a valid double.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Emulator has more bugs than the original R96C source I swear to god, must be from his database changes. It got to the point I converted my database back over to Phoenix, and begun updating commands myself. I don't recommend this.

Reaction score
Emulator has more bugs than the original R96C source I swear to god, must be from his database changes. It got to the point I converted my database back over to Phoenix, and begun updating commands myself. I don't recommend this.

Emulator has actually over 50 bugs fixed from the original r96c you just don't know how to set it up properly. Those aren't the ONLY db changes you need to make. Why don't you help yourself out and check the error logs?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've the solution for the z: edito in roomitemhandling: ]roomItem2.GetY,
", z=",
TextHandling.GetString(roomItem2.GetZ),
", rot=",
roomItem2.Rot
You must edit roomitem2.GetZ with texthandling

Reaction score
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
With the post of the generals, I didn't resolve. I edited the code and it works fine :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol idk why my post keeps getting deleted haha.. This project still needs to keep going.. If you can someone please update it!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Lol idk why my post keeps getting deleted haha.. This project still needs to keep going.. If you can someone please update it!
All our posts keep getting deleted by the nobrain mod for no reason

This emulator is great if you want to keep coding it, we have fixed alot of the bugs out of it and it's running really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back