Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[REL] RavenRP - Most Advanced & Stable RP Emulator

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It does, I meant System.Timers.Timer by a background timer and then I suggested to use 1 thread per timer grabbing said thread from a ThreadPool.

If you thought it made no sense, then you clearly don't understand it. (whoever liked his troll comment)

You should only make as many threads as you have CPU cores...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yeah but that's why you'd use a ThreadPool (collection of reusable worker threads) instead of running 10K timers in the background which will certainly affect the execution time for the code in the main thread.

If the main thread gets stuck executing other code then your timer(s) will lag.

So that is why using a ThreadPool Thread for each Timer per Session would improve performance. This is what I mean by that.

Thread newThread -> The code that is being executed.
while true ->
check for cooking
check for taxi
check for others
<-
<- Thread is running.

User disconnects? Thread goes back into the thread pool after safely disposing.

Another suggestion would be creating a raw thread and separating the users individually using a "foreach" statement, then do exactly the same thing demonstrated above. (Which Butterfly already does in it's GameClient Cycle, so you can take advantage of that?)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Define 'stable'.
By my defenition it's a bulletproof loosely coupled architecture. If one piece breaks down the whole emulator doesn't go down with it. I don't see such an architecture here, this is just another uberEmulator based piece of garbage that has everything tightly coupled, if one thing breaks, everything breaks.

Reactions: Jax
Reaction score
Re: [REL] RavenRP - Most Advanced &amp; Stable RP Emulator

Too bad the JIT compiler / VM also uses several threads so this logic doesn't fully apply to managed languages such as C# and Java.

Yeah but that's why you'd use a ThreadPool (collection of reusable worker threads) instead of running 10K timers in the background which will certainly affect the execution time for the code in the main thread.

If the main thread gets stuck executing other code then your timer(s) will lag.

What you're saying is not fully true. What if your main thread hangs which the ThreadPool relies on? If you main thread hangs, you have an crappy system.

Reaction score
Define 'stable'.
By my defenition it's a bulletproof loosely coupled architecture. If one piece breaks down the whole emulator doesn't go down with it. I don't see such an architecture here, this is just another uberEmulator based piece of garbage that has everything tightly coupled, if one thing breaks, everything breaks.

STABLE being up for 30+ days with 400+ users concurrently.

If one thing breaks, it doesn't all break. Try using it and you'll find out. But hey, you're PEhump and you just post garbage on everything. The only thing you ever made was a SWF pack anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
Looks amazing to see you share stuff with the community. I think people could steal some features from it or just maybe improve the server.

Great Job Jonteh . I'm getting the last weeks in love with you for your recent releases and developments ;)

Keep the good work up :D

Reaction score
Looks amazing to see you share stuff with the community. I think people could steal some features from it or just maybe improve the server.

Great Job @Jonteh . I'm getting the last weeks in love with you for your recent releases and developments ;)

Keep the good work up :D

I've been sharing for years! I just stopped for a while due to the amount of trolls on here, though I figured why let that stop me.

I plan to keep releasing basically everything I code, because I won't always be here and I'd like to pass on knowledge to the next batch of developers the community gets.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have some problem. Emu load perfect but when I enter the client, I keep reloading

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Re: [REL] RavenRP - Most Advanced &amp; Stable RP Emulator

Too bad the JIT compiler / VM also uses several threads so this logic doesn't fully apply to managed languages such as C# and Java.

What you're saying is not fully true. What if your main thread hangs which the ThreadPool relies on? If you main thread hangs, you have an crappy system.

The OS handles which threads go to which core, but thread creation (within the code) should still be limited to how many cores the processor has.

Even though those languages are fully managed it's still good practice.

Reaction score
Re: [REL] RavenRP - Most Advanced &amp;amp; Stable RP Emulator

The OS handles which threads go to which core, but thread creation (within the code) should still be limited to how many cores the processor has.

Even though those languages are fully managed it's still good practice.

Most people who are gonna use this or rip features arent gonna be caring about this (take a look at the current rp emulators aside from this one they cant even hold 10 users without crashing) so maybe take your wee debate somewhere else? =P

I have some problem. Emu load perfect but when I enter the client, I keep reloading

Check the /Logs/ folder, should tell you whats up. If it doesn't, run the emulator in debug mode in Visual Studio.

Most likely than not you're missing vital db tables because:

a) the db included is like 6 months old
b) i added a duck load of poop and renamed a bunch of other stuff

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Jonteh

emu load but this thing appear on my screen. What does it mean??

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

@Jonteh

1. .csproj

2. When I enter client no message appear but it keep reloading. But only when I debug the emu this appear

Reaction score

@Jonteh

1. .csproj

2. When I enter client no message appear but it keep reloading. But only when I debug the emu this appear

Please use the .sln, that is a Solution file and will load all the needed files.. even though they should be compiled in the bin folder, just use the .sln (I do and have no issues)

Reaction score

@Jonteh I used .sln still same.

Orright well I suggest doing what the popup box tells you to do at the bottom. Either that or run the .exe directly.

Also, like i said earlier, the database included is very outdated and I'm not going to include an updated one as I released this more for developers to rip features out of, not for people to create their own RP hotel with, sorry.

I'm not gonna give you any more support than that.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Most people who are gonna use this or rip features arent gonna be caring about this (take a look at the current rp emulators aside from this one they cant even hold 10 users without crashing) so maybe take your wee debate somewhere else? =P

As I've become older, I've realised that every Habbo server released thus far has done threading incorrectly (including my previous work) so maybe you're right, but it's still a good topic to talk about considering this is section is about servers and stability.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Jonteh I only need raven_commands, filtered_words,bannable_words, raven_crafting_recipes table. Can u give me?

Reaction score
Re: [REL] RavenRP - Most Advanced &amp;amp;amp; Stable RP Emulator

As I've become older, I've realised that every Habbo server released thus far has done threading incorrectly (including my previous work) so maybe you're right, but it's still a good topic to talk about considering this is section is about servers and stability.

It's definitely a good topic, maybe post a thread about it not in the release section? =p

@Jonteh I only need raven_commands, filtered_words,bannable_words, raven_crafting_recipes table. Can u give me?

Please read everything I have said in this topic

Back