Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[REL] Reconstruction of hh_ig_game_snowwar.cct + source code

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What
hh_ig_game_snowwar.cct is part of the later versions Shockwave client DCRs. It is the core file that holds the SnowStorm scripts for the Joystick (aka IG)

Why
To this day the Joystick SnowStorm has been a missing feature on most retros, mostly because this file has been long lost and is close to, if not impossible to find a copy of, since most DCR packs are missing it. This will hopefully help change that and bring something for the retro community to work on.

Thanks
To Quackster, for his decompiled v5-v39 lingo release, for contributing to this project, and for providing a lot of resources to help test and debug
To Alito, for providing a reconstruction of hh_ig_game_snowwar_room (not included in this release since it's mostly his project)
To anyone else who wants to contribute.

Where

Notes
- You will have to build the CCT on your own.
- This will do nothing out of the box for you, it's just a CCT. Don't expect to have SnowStorm running on your server with just this. This is meant for developers to play, experiment and implement SnowStorm on their own servers, maybe create their own minigames.
- There's no documentation on the packets and their structures.
- You might get some script errors here and there, if you find anything just reply to this thread and I'll do my best to take a look at it when I have some time.
- If you use this on your server or project, please give credits for the people who helped in this project.
- You may modify and distribute this code as long as you disclose your changes and source code.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for all lab, a super great work was and a great release of the only missing cct!

Back