Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release / Fix] Working and flawless catalog search on older PRODUCTION revisions.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

Today, I will be releasing a fix on search functionality for catalogs.

I know for a fact that the majority of you retro owners haven't noticed this issue because all you care about is updating the catalog with new furniture additions and new furnilines from Habbo instead of completely fixing the catalog to be more efficient (searching for furniture, etc). I haven't noticed this too because I thought it was normal until my developer pointed this out like a week ago.

I have noticed that most hotels (e.g., and ) have a catalog with broken search because they're on a SWF revision with broken search. I'm not sure how long the search functionality for the catalog has been broken for, but it seemed to be broken when Habbo rolled out the new catalog UI with the tabs and was recently fixed in PRODUCTION-201707041014-428081343 (or earlier.. not bothered checking).

You can either upgrade your revision to the latest build or apply my fix. Up to you!

Here's a GIF demonstrating a catalog with broken search:
bDgVGyN - [Release / Fix] Working and flawless catalog search on older PRODUCTION revisions. - RaGEZONE Forums

See that? Instead of getting the red furniture, it's showing me wired, all brick block colors and different color rares? I can't also search for individual furniture like the "Porch" from the Halloween 2010 furniline.

To fix this, you'll need to use JPEXS Free Flash Decomplier. You can download it by going to if you do not have the program. You may use other decompliers to apply the fix (if they work).

Let's go ahead with ActionScripts once you've opened your Habbo.swf with JPEXS. In the script HabboCatalog, search for:

this.localization.registerParameter("catalog.search.results", "count", k.length.toString());this.localization.registerParameter("catalog.search.results", "needle", _arg1);

And finding that code should show you a private function like this (yes, function name is obfuscated):

private function _-3sq(_arg1:String):void
{
var k:_-61k;
var k:String;
var _local7:Vector.<_-0Qi>;
var _local8:Vector.<_-0Qi>;
if (this._-1zq){
this._-1zq.stop();
};
if ((((((this._-g0 == null)) || ((_arg1 == null)))) || ((_arg1.length == 0)))){
return;
};
var k:Array = [];
var k:Vector.<_-61k> = new <_-61k>[];
var k:String = _arg1.toLowerCase().replace(" ", "");
for each (k in this._-g0) {
if ((((this._-6fK == _-6eh.BUILDER)) && (!(k._-4wY)))){
} else {
if ((((this._-6fK == _-6eh.NORMAL)) && (k._-3vw))){
} else {
k = [k._-1cw, k.description, k._-2u5].join(" ");
k = k.replace(/ /gi, "");
if ((((((this._-6fK == _-6eh.BUILDER)) && ((k._-3Bt == _-4kY)))) && ((k._-6fb == _-4kY)))){
if (((!((k._-b4 == ""))) && ((k.indexOf(k._-b4) < 0)))){
if (k.indexOf(k) >= 0){
k.push(k._-b4);
};
};
} else {
_local7 = this._-2PA._-2GU(k._-3Bt, true);
_local8 = this._-2PA._-2GU(k._-6fb, true);
if (((!((_local7 == null))) || ((((this._-6fK == _-6eh.NORMAL)) && (!((_local8 == null))))))){
if (k.indexOf(k) >= 0){
k.push(k);
if (k.length >= _-5AR){
break;
};
};
};
};
};
};
};
this.localization.registerParameter("catalog.search.results", "count", k.length.toString());
this.localization.registerParameter("catalog.search.results", "needle", _arg1);
this._-49L.findChildByName(PageLocalization._-sW).caption = "${catalog.search.header}";
this._-2PA._-6ka();
this._-54A._-64x(k);
this._-2PA.filter(k, k);
}

In the function I pasted above, search for:

var k:String = _arg1.toLowerCase().replace(" ", "");

Replace it with:

var k:String = _arg1.toLocaleLowerCase().replace(" ", "");

Then search for:

if (k.indexOf(k) >= 0)

There are two of them.

Replace with:

if (k.toLocaleLowerCase().indexOf(k) >= 0)

And that's it. Save changes when done.

Here's a functional catalog search when you've applied the fixes to the Habbo.swf:
50qsoX - [Release / Fix] Working and flawless catalog search on older PRODUCTION revisions. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for the share, share more fix like that sir !

When i save i have got an error:
http://prntscr.com/fzyxp8

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the share, share more fix like that sir !

When i save i have got an error:
What did you exactly do?

And yes, I'm going to see if I can enable full functionality of group chats again on newer SWF revisions.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The fact you have to modify your Habbo.swf in order to make it compatible with your emulator means there is something else wrong.

For arcturus all you have to make sure is that offer_id matches the offer id in the furnidata. Then it should work just fine.

Would you stop on every topic of Plus Release or any else emulator and speak about Arcturus, we have understand that Arcturus exist, done, so now, stop that, I'm french, a few days ago, i've talking with friends, they said that speak Arcturus everywhere is very boring so, now, stop please. You're juste interested by money and popularity, only that.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The fact you have to modify your Habbo.swf in order to make it compatible with your emulator means there is something else wrong.

For arcturus all you have to make sure is that offer_id matches the offer id in the furnidata. Then it should work just fine.
No, the catalog search on habbo.com was broken too at some point. It's not the emulator, it has to do with the SWF.

Reaction score
Here is a tool I made a couple years ago that updates the offer_id in the catalog_items table according to the furnidata specified. Edit config.ini for your database settings. Pretty sure plus uses the same column too. :)

Would you stop on every topic of Plus Release or any else emulator and speak about Arcturus, we have understand that Arcturus exist, done, so now, stop that, I'm french, a few days ago, i've talking with friends, they said that speak Arcturus everywhere is very boring so, now, stop please. You're juste interested by money and popularity, only that.

I'm trying to explain how the search function works and you give me poop for mentioning Arcutus? Nowhere in the opening post was any specific emulator mentioned. So people that would see that I had commented here and would wonder if this fix would also work for Arcturus then they would have their answer.

I'm not interested in money. I'm not earning money from my project. I'd never ask for money so stop giving me poop for something thats not true. I don't care what emulator you use, wether that is plus, butterfly, azure or comet. I'm trying to contribute here.

pel

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Here is a tool I made a couple years ago that updates the offer_id in the catalog_items table according to the furnidata specified. Edit config.ini for your database settings. Pretty sure plus uses the same column too. :)

I'm trying to explain how the search function works and you give me poop for mentioning Arcutus? Nowhere in the opening post was any specific emulator mentioned. So people that would see that I had commented here and would wonder if this fix would also work for Arcturus then they would have their answer.

I'm not interested in money. I'm not earning money from my project. I'd never ask for money so stop giving me poop for something thats not true. I don't care what emulator you use, wether that is plus, butterfly, azure or comet. I'm trying to contribute here.

You would never ask for money but you make the camera purchasable only? the fak bro?

Reaction score
You would never ask for money but you make the camera purchasable only? the fak bro?

You dont need to buy the camera sub. You can use Arcturus for free, if you want the camera too you can buy it as a service. The General hosts the camera and all the images for you, updates the camera external.

Reaction score

I never intended to code the camera but people wanted it so I decided I could make it a donation only perk. If you're broke or starting hotel you can just ask me for a camera sub and I happily give it to you...

And the duck bro, there are plenty of alternatives available like comet or plus so its only for people that want to support the project. Like I said; if you don't like it then don't use it and stop complaining. Use something else. Plenty of alternatives. Stop hating, others have made licensed emulators in the past, ripped people of for cuple hundreds per person and more poop.

Stop whining or use something else.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

About Arcturus..
Good: Catalog search is working.
Bad: Can't buy found items. ("Something went wrong")

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I had put the offer_id well as Habbo, but when I replaced all in SWF I can see the difference. Good!
JerryCool - [Release / Fix] Working and flawless catalog search on older PRODUCTION revisions. - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I never intended to code the camera but people wanted it so I decided I could make it a donation only perk. If you're broke or starting hotel you can just ask me for a camera sub and I happily give it to you...

And the duck bro, there are plenty of alternatives available like comet or plus so its only for people that want to support the project. Like I said; if you don't like it then don't use it and stop complaining. Use something else. Plenty of alternatives. Stop hating, others have made licensed emulators in the past, ripped people of for cuple hundreds per person and more poop.

Stop whining or use something else.

It was you who said that you'd never ask for money? He was simply stating a fact.. :/

Back