Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Retaliation 2 [RP] [CMS] [Rage 2.75]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: Retaliation 2 [Roleplay Environment]

Great Release Chris, Even though I have tested them and everything before release because I'm special :) No reason why anyone should hate you because you never give anyone a reason. Just keep your head up and continue to strive for excellence :) +9999 Rep From me aha :love:

Reaction score

If you plan on being a freelance developer your entire life, yeah no.

Freelancing is quite profitable, definitely if you're using websites like Upwork. Some people just don't like being tied to companies who sell their work for a much higher amount than the developer is actually paid to make it.

As for using part of a framework, dodging the others and then dissing the use of frameworks, I'd have to agree. However using my CMS Illumina as an example isn't really valid, considering I use no third party framework and use a very simple templating system which is only a templating system, aka i'm not dodging anything and using it exactly what it's made for.

Unless I'm reading your words in the wrong context, in which case, it's 2am, give me a pass.

Rogu3
Reaction score

YQo2ZyP - Retaliation 2 [RP] [CMS] [Rage 2.75] - RaGEZONE Forums
S4Dv1xt - Retaliation 2 [RP] [CMS] [Rage 2.75] - RaGEZONE Forums

Future Updates

Retaliation has been bug tested by numerous roleplays, however some bugs may exist - due to this I will be providing updates via Github for 2 weeks, once the final branch is complete it will be merged - and available for download. This should have no impact on your website if you choose to upgrade within this time.

Also, I can only fix bugs if they are known - so be sure to report them to me via this thread immediately.

Support
I will not be providing support for this, as it's a literal drag and drop replacement from where Retaliation 1 left of, besides the extra SQLs.
Installation Guide
-Drag and drop the files
-Edit /config/database.php
-If "500 Error" occurs, CHMOD your /storage folder.

Installation Guide For Cerberus
Hey, I was too lazy to integrate it - but if you want to use Cerberus, you'll need to create another website via IIS, or whichever web server you use or find a way to integrate it yourself.

Downloads
Website Download -
Cerberus Download -
Website Database -
Cerberus Database -

Screenshots

Credits
The theme was designed by @Sonay with some pages inspired by Tox
The framework was built by Laravel
The rest of the system was developed by me

Some things I forgot
Cerberus can:
-Manage website settings
-Manage server blackwords
-Manage users
-Manage super admins (rp_specialrights)
-Manage ranks
-Manage Businesses (Just info)
-Edit rooms (Unsure if I coded the controller or not tbh)
-Maybe more, who knows

Also,
If you have any hate for me, or this release - I honestly could care less. This was quite rushed and last minute as I was working with NodeJS for a fair bit as I plan on making a retro project using it. This project does more than most roleplay CMS's (The community being plagued with Rev edits), and provides top notch security and an impeccable defense for SQL injection and what not. Using a framework to provide a core base for this project does not weaken it nor minimalize the impact of it. All this community uses is frameworks, Uber (poop framework, not CMS) - Rev (Same as Uber), and even Illumina uses a template engine for 95% of it. The only difference between other releases and mine is guaranteed protection and efficiency. If you truly believe using frameworks weakens your status as a developer, good luck in the real world when you're forced to work with your employer's framework (If it's a company, we all know freelance isn't going anywhere).

Rage Emulator (2.75)
This version was built to function well with the 2.75 edition of Rage Emulator, I will provide an update guide if needed for current roleplays, but here's the database (Retaliation/Cerberus tables included) and emulator + swfs.
Database
http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/retaliation-2-roleplay-environment-1099134/
Emulator

SWF Pack
(Someone mirror please)

So, instead of calling this a "Roleplay Environment", why not call it a CMS? I was excited to see what this was at first, expecting some type of development environment for building a HabboRP onto. Uber, Rev and the other CMS's aren't frameworks to any degree. Few of them actually supply any functionality beyond basic PHP functions and their template system is convoluted or dumbed down.

There's nothing wrong with using a framework as long as it's used correctly, which I'm not claiming you've used it correctly or not. I haven't taken a good look at the code. My only beef is the name because I don't see what part of this is an "Environment".

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Despite some early releases xD, This is a great release. You have an amazing talent and hope that you continue on with this project.

Rogu3
Reaction score

The environment is the fact it's supplied with another emulator to provide an environment. Not to mention, the administration system which quite possibly is the most complete and feature rich panel, including regular hotels

Uber, and Rev are essentially frameworks (Very minimal at best) - Database & Templating + Basic Routing = Minimal framework

Edit:
I updated the thread title, as Wreckless could not understand basic emulator setup, and sees this primarily as a CMS release - ignoring the rest of the environment. I seen numerous roleplays come and go just on my last release, this being better and offering a better emulator definitely ensures that Retaliation's release is a roleplay environment, which is easy to deploy.
Just because you post a link for an emulator and integrate it with your CMS does not make this an environment. It's merely a CMS release in which the CMS is properly integrated with a particular emulator. However, this does not constitute releasing it as an environment. It's just semantics, I'm not knocking your release, I actually think it's well executed and planned. However, this is primarily a CMS release with links to an emulator that it's been integrated with.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Error 500
How do I solve it?
D0YGJha - Retaliation 2 [RP] [CMS] [Rage 2.75] - RaGEZONE Forums

Support
I will not be providing support for this, as it's a literal drag and drop replacement from where Retaliation 1 left of, besides the extra SQLs.
Installation Guide
-Drag and drop the files
-Edit /config/database.php
-If "500 Error" occurs, CHMOD your /storage folder.

"-If "500 Error" occurs, CHMOD your /storage folder. "
LeChris - Retaliation 2 [RP] [CMS] [Rage 2.75] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now, thanks solved

Next time use the support section.

CHMOD is not a thing on Windows, which 99.9% of n00bs on here use.

It's a thing, just people keep calling it a chmod instead of a file-attribute a.k.a NTFS perms. Which, is still considered a chmod according to Microsoft. Hence, why they made calcs,xcalcs, and icalcs. (.vbs)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
And now how do I fix this?
The same applies to register a user and log in
pjBsv37 - Retaliation 2 [RP] [CMS] [Rage 2.75] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Reaction score

Next time use the support section.

It's a thing, just people keep calling it a chmod instead of a file-attribute a.k.a NTFS perms. Which, is still considered a chmod according to Microsoft. Hence, why they made calcs,xcalcs, and icalcs. (.vbs)

Code:
C:\Users\Jonteh>chmod
'chmod' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Also, .vbs.. yuck.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Db link ??? Edit:Found 2nd Edit: Where's the full DB? 3rd EDIT: I found the full db If you guys need the DB just use this one.

Last edited:
Back