Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RevCMS Guest Login

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You guys are checking if 'user' is set, but not if it returns true, then in the "AND" you're checking if 'id' is equal to "true", of course that code wont work. Not that I'm a PHP coder but this is more like what you guys were going for:

Code:
if(isset($_SESSION['user']) == true && isset($_SESSION['id]) == true) {

If I'm not mistaken? PHP is awful altogether, people can't even correct someone else's code without screwing it all up. Lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
PHP is an easy programer language, so beginners easily understand it. That's why there are more possibilities.

You guys are checking if 'user' is set, but not if it returns true, then in the "AND" you're checking if 'id' is equal to "true", of course that code wont work. Not that I'm a PHP coder but this is more like what you guys were going for:

Code:
if(isset($_SESSION['user']) == true && isset($_SESSION['id]) == true) {

If I'm not mistaken? PHP is awful altogether, people can't even correct someone else's code without screwing it all up. Lol
This makes no sense. You don't have to check for the first dimension in two-dimensional arrays. Also you have forgotten a ' on the second session variable.

Code:
if(!isset($_SESSION['user']['id'])) { ... }

This is unsecure:
I doubt you know what you are talking about...

You can do this for the opposite effect:
Code:
[I]if ( isset($_SESSION['user']['id']) && is_numeric($_SESSION['user']['id']) {[/I]

But trust your own code and forget about the is_numeric check ;)

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
All I have seen from you is hate on other peoples work, yet you release nothing. Also, how the hell can
Code:
if(isset($_SESSION['user']['id']))

be vulnerable to SQL injections? You're giving bad advice & have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

PS, your 'better' practice example code doesn't even work, so I have this to say to you
Little thing that was missing is not a big problem, i had not test it.

ONT: Update your thread with the code that is given.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
PHP is an easy programer language, so beginners easily understand it. That's why there are more possibilities.

This makes no sense. You don't have to check for the first dimension in two-dimensional arrays. Also you have forgotten a ' on the second session variable.

Code:
if(!isset($_SESSION['user']['id'])) { ... }

I doubt you know what you are talking about...

You can do this for the opposite effect:
Code:
[I]if ( isset($_SESSION['user']['id']) && is_numeric($_SESSION['user']['id']) {[/I]

But trust your own code and forget about the is_numeric check ;)

I was talking about this code:
Code:
if ( isset($_SESSION['user']) && $_SESSION['id'] == true ) {
I even asked someone I know who does PHP as well, he agreed with me. Again, I'm not a PHP programmer, but at least I can tell when someone posts retarded code.

Back