Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Roseau - Fully featured V1 server [Java]

Reaction score
It's so weird seeing a v1 server today, but the throwback is pretty amazing man. Good job on this and glad to see you stick it through until the end

You were like 1-2 years old when v1 was around.

Good work, really liked the test hotel and will probably setup a server just to see how things actually work when I get home.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why would you want that when you can just use Woodpecker?
I have tested ''Woodpecker'' but its poop
Ascii (Puomihotel)'s developer (Lightbulb) says that he is mading HTML5 V14 and would release an basic V14 server with camera,
can't wait on that

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have tested ''Woodpecker'' but its poop
Ascii (Puomihotel)'s developer (Lightbulb) says that he is mading HTML5 V14 and would release an basic V14 server with camera,
can't wait on that

In what sense you say it's poop? Also small correction: "he is making*"
And what does he/do you define on 'basic V14'? Is it the really basic features or is it just all normal features 100% bug free and correctly made?

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just fixed a critical bug where if someone sent a large invalid payload to the server (such as doing a request in browser), the buffer wouldn't clear and it would disconnect everyone onwards who tries to connect.

The only reason why I knew how this bug was reproduced because I came across this in the logs. :):

HBPLlLJ - Roseau - Fully featured V1 server [Java] - RaGEZONE Forums

It was an ongoing issue ever since I put the test hotel online.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Quackster, you did a really really really great job. It's really the best retro emulator since debbo, maybe better than debbo on the Key Features.

It's really amazing, nostalgic, and great see this being released. Maybe on future code more commands and staff features. I really would like also Habbo X's features.

In the fact everything is awesome on it. Remembering the old public rooms, the room-o-matic, the lido, and everything from that. It's simply awesome. My words cannot say how I'm feeling good with this release.

Great, great great great JOB!

And more, the sad thing it's that browsers with shockwave are being deprecated. If you got something or create a simple browser with shockwave just to play it, I need to say, people would play it. (I hope).

Great job.
Again, great job.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It's pretty fantastic how you managed to make a near-complete shockwave server, 16 years on, WITHOUT decompiling ANY dcr files. Great job Alex!

I know right! :eek:tt1:

Some things did require me to extract some CCT/DCR files, and search some strings to make sure I could load some public rooms, but I don't think that's "decompiling" per se.

I'm just glad I had other users who had the knowledge to help me get some of the stuff working, as I thought some packet structures were gone for good.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
-- image removed since stupidness --

You know what they say in dutch: "antfucker" (mierenneuker). Just stop making it such big of a deal.

If you don't like my post, that's fine; then you can just ignore it. Stop making a big deal out of my posts. I was just pointing out his statement was false, and if I point that out, I have to point out why. That's what I'm doing. I'm discussing something, that's what a forum is for, right?

No need in saying stupid stuff..

It's not 1:1 parity with Habbo then is it? :wink:

True, however neither was Debbo and AFAIK you were still missing games right? But I get your point.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Blunk didn't even have walkways coded (Club Massiva to downstairs disco, Habbo Lido to Lido II, etc). :glare:

It did, just not on the build that got leaked ;)
The one I bought had a few features bugged, such as wobble squabble and walkways. But Mike didn't have the final version anymore, only Myrax has a copy of the fully working one, but good luck him ever releasing that!:sleep:

Wobble Squabble seems to have some problems sending the right packets, as such users sometimes become stuck after a game rather than leaving the wobble squabble minigame.

But congrats, you've managed this, now let's see a fully working v7 ;) Then I can pretend Habbo never changed and was still great!

I also asked Mike at the time I bought blunk about possibly adding a fully featured server with battleball, and snowstorm and rollers all 100% working, and it was his honest opinion that all packets from that era regarding those features were lost, and the odds of making it work would be an incredible amount of work :(

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It did, just not on the build that got leaked ;)
The one I bought had a few features bugged, such as wobble squabble and walkways. But Mike didn't have the final version anymore, only Myrax has a copy of the fully working one, but good luck him ever releasing that!:sleep:

Wobble Squabble seems to have some problems sending the right packets, as such users sometimes become stuck after a game rather than leaving the wobble squabble minigame.

But congrats, you've managed this, now let's see a fully working v7 ;) Then I can pretend Habbo never changed and was still great!

I also asked Mike at the time I bought blunk about possibly adding a fully featured server with battleball, and snowstorm and rollers all 100% working, and it was his honest opinion that all packets from that era regarding those features were lost, and the odds of making it work would be an incredible amount of work :(

Myrax will release it as soon as Habbo gives out super rares for free.

A full v7 would be nice, however, a full v10/v13 with battleball and snowstorm and a full website from that time would be even better, but sadly I don't think many people would be interested in it anymore as nowadays the new era mostly only likes the new builds. And on top of that, as for snowstorm, it'd be really hard to make it as it has never been completed.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Myrax will release it as soon as Habbo gives out super rares for free.

A full v7 would be nice, however, a full v10/v13 with battleball and snowstorm and a full website from that time would be even better, but sadly I don't think many people would be interested in it anymore as nowadays the new era mostly only likes the new builds. And on top of that, as for snowstorm, it'd be really hard to make it as it has never been completed.
I'am intressed in it! ;-)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Suelake/Blunk's wobble squabble worked as far as I remember - the version circulating wasn't the final version that was running on suelake.com at the time AFAIK (it was a long time ago). I still think it had _everything_ (this is still missing stuff ;))

Nice job. Stumbled on it via Github watchers on a repo I'm keeping an eye on.

Greetz all, it's been a while.

Back