Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

SwipeCMS Build: 13oz01 BETA official release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I really do not see the big deal about all these 'template systems' and why everyone should undoubtedly use 'Rain TPL' and all that stuff. I am sure people, 'developers', are beyond capable of creating their own systems to handle the loading of the different components for the template.

Reaction score
I really do not see the big deal about all these 'template systems' and why everyone should undoubtedly use 'Rain TPL' and all that stuff. I am sure people, 'developers', are beyond capable of creating their own systems to handle the loading of the different components for the template.

Template Systems allow you to create readable code. Compare a template with cleanly formatted parameters that will be replaced do echo'n out html with php tags everywhere.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Template Systems allow you to create readable code. Compare a template with cleanly formatted parameters that will be replaced do echo'n out html with php tags everywhere.

I know what a template system is and I am well aware of its benefits. I just don't understand why everyone is obsessed with TPL-based template systems and why they think it's the optimal solution.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"TPL-based template systems"

What do you mean by that? care to elaborate?

Sure. You should know what a TPL-based template system is though, you in fact half finished coding one in your rage project, among the other unfinished elements of that project. If it's still unclear as I am sure half of it is, look at the ideas on the previous pages on this thread as they go about roughly explaining briefly both halves of a TPL-based template system.

Reaction score
Sure. You should know what a TPL-based template system is though, you in fact half finished coding one in your rage project, among the other unfinished elements of that project. If it's still unclear as I am sure half of it is, look at the ideas on the previous pages on this thread as they go about roughly explaining briefly both halves of a TPL-based template system.

If you are referring to a template system using the extension "tpl", you have the wrong terminology. None of my projects use .tpl extensions just to let you know.

Edit: RaGEWEB templating was finished as I used it for the installer, I just never uploaded it to github.

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you are referring to a template system using the extension "tpl", you have the wrong terminology. None of my projects use .tpl extensions just to let you know.

Edit: RaGEWEB templating was finished as I used it for the installer, I just never uploaded it to github.

Talk about nit-picking. You're usually at my throat when I point out a mistake in your inferences - cut him some slack Cobe?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Good news to those who doesn't like SwipeCMS' current template; My co-developer is doing a new design for it, and I will see if I can manage to add that unplanned templating system for this matter (wasn't supposed to add one before V2 but eh).

Reaction score
Talk about nit-picking. You're usually at my throat when I point out a mistake in your inferences - cut him some slack Cobe?

He seemed to know it all, I just tried to enlighten him more.

Good news to those who doesn't like SwipeCMS' current template; My co-developer is doing a new design for it, and I will see if I can manage to add that unplanned templating system for this matter (wasn't supposed to add one before V2 but eh).

If you cba to write your own template system or have trouble doing so, try rainTPL. I've never used it but their benchmarks look nice.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
To me it looks like the thread has gone slightly off the topic now.

Anyways, Cobe. I'm not going to use anyone elses templating systems. Personally I hate using others codes. It makes me feel like I can't do poop. Hence why I prefer learning the codes jsut to try and fail. That's how I learn, and that's how I've set an aim to continue. I also have this slight problem with using others codes, as I'm never quite sure how to use it properly.

The templating system will be made, but it all depends on how much I've got to do at school, work or at home. To sum up, if I have the time and energy I'll work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back