Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Jolt Environment 1.0.6000 [x86_x64] GOLD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how do i set mysql up so i can host the server to play on? im not getting it

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How do i setup jolt?
1. Download Microsoft's .NET 4.0 Framework and install.
2. Download MySQL and install.

-> 3. Import database from /jolt/sql/runescapedb.sql to the MySQL database.
Need more information, cause what I'm seeing when using MySQL doesn't in anyway reflect what your telling me.
First off, this is running on win 7 32. when looking at the Mysql under start only thing there is a configuration wizard.
How exactly does one Import a Database?

4. Change connection details (of gameserver and database server) in /data/runeScape.ini
Again needs more clarification ->5. Run server. as there is no exe file other than the config wizzard how do I run the MySQL server????. For instance when configuring the mysql, do i want developer machine, server machine, dedicated mysql server machine, then do i want multifunctional db, transactional db, non-transactional db, then of these choices what one is correct, Decision support(DSS)/OLAP, online transaction processing(oltp), manual setting, ...

as you can see this get way to complicated, can no one make this at lest somewhat user friendly, I should nt have to jump through multiple hops to run a game.

I do understand that there will be SOME configuring to do, but THIS is just is a bit much.
It would be nice if you guys would remember that not all of us are tech savy as yourself.

I'll assume if I ever get this working I open my browser then nav to 127.0.0.1 to access the game.

Last edited:
I need money in RS. Help?
Reaction score
-> 3. Import database from /jolt/sql/runescapedb.sql to the MySQL database.
By this, he mean you have to go into the MySQL Database via "http://localhost/phpmyadmin/" In order to do this, you must have your MySQL server running AND Apache. If not, you can't access it to upload the database.

4. Change connection details (of gameserver and database server) in /data/runeScape.ini
By this, you edit the runeScape.ini file inside of the /data folder to the correct settings of your database. Like if you log in with the username of "happyface" and password "whatyoulookingat" then you would have to change it in that file.

->5. Run server.
As I already explained that, I won't explain it again.

I'll assume if I ever get this working I open my browser then nav to 127.0.0.1 to access the game.
No, you use a client and type in the IP as 127.0.0.1 UNLESS you portforward. If you don't know how to portforward, you can just forget about this emulator and move on with your life.

Also, about the techy people thing. Most of us, aren't very good at this, but we actually TRY and think outside of everything to learn how it's done and then we attempt to do it. If you can't understand that, then there is no hope left for you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
* sorry only just saw lol :L nice man thanks for this!!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some screenshots or a video would be nice...Great work though guys!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
google it. That is a simple error that can easily be fixed.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey man, I have set up the server perfectly the only thing that i get problems, is this, when i try to run the client, This is what I get:
TheAJ - Jolt Environment 1.0.6000 [x86_x64] GOLD - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks,
eMagic

Reaction score
Hey man, I have set up the server perfectly the only thing that i get problems, is this, when i try to run the client, This is what I get:
TheAJ - Jolt Environment 1.0.6000 [x86_x64] GOLD - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks,
eMagic

I'm pretty sure this is because you are trying to run the client using a Java 1.7 runtime. Try using Java 1.6

Back