Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Changing the welcome message in 508

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Go to
Code:
src/palidino76/rs2/io

Search for
Code:
    public void setWelcome(Player p) {

The whole code should look like
Code:
    public void setWelcome(Player p) {
        if (p == null || p.disconnected[0]) {
            return;
        }
       setWindowPane(p, 549);
        setInterface(p, 1, 549, 2, 378);
        setInterface(p, 1, 549, 3, 17); // can use 15 - string 0 and 4, 17 - string 0 and 3, and 447 - string 0, 1 and 2.
        setString(p, "Message of the Week:", 17, 0);
        setString(p, "Want some help? - Head over to the forums at explex.info", 17, 3); 
        setString(p, "Welcome to Explex 508 Server", 378, 115);
    }

Where i have put Welcome to explex 508 server replace it with your server name and feel free to change the message of the week bit XD

Have fun

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cool guide, but since you released over 5 threads to post single things like such. I recommend you to have made a thread and posted them all their as like a semi - complete guide.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Cool guide, but since you released over 5 threads to post single things like such. I recommend you to have made a thread and posted them all their as like a semi - complete guide.

I cant really because if they are not all 508, some are 317's and things, and if you have a big thread search isnt as good.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you should of added the file name. in this case its login.java and also you don't need to search that just simply type in welcome. and it finds it.

But thank you for your help dude:thumbup1:

Back