Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tut - A] [508] How To Setup A 508+ Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Making yourself a Admin
To make yourself an administrator go to the source files of your server, and go into the directory '/io/', open up Login.java

Search for the following:
Code:
p.rights = 2;

Something along these lines should appear:
Code:
            if (p.username.equals("Aj")) 
            {
                p.rights = 2;
            }
Change it to your name.

After that is done, go to your server files' cmd folder and click the batch file that is named rs2.io.batch. This will compile your code so it can be used ingame.

If you have your server up, restart it online and login with your name, if not turn it on and login it.

Now there is where i get stuck , i got no clue where to find it . Also , can anyone send me a link or explain me how to run this? and how i will acces my server to play ? ( Also thanks to the guy above who gave a client link ) Yea i know it sounds noob and your going to tell me use the "Search button" So to prevent people from saying that , i searched and without any luck .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice tut, but can you please make u full tut like: How to setup and run :p

Setup is easy, but id dont know know about client etc.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Making yourself a Admin
To make yourself an administrator go to the source files of your server, and go into the directory '/io/', open up Login.java

[/QUOTE]
well easy but i couldn't find the login.java in paldino's 508 source. instead there's one in class. do you have a source with the login.java?:?:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I need to have the update but there are so much download links on that site wich i need to have?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i run the run.bat then it says : cant find target(translated from dutch):p
what to do?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Same. I can only find update 14. and update 14 dont have the folder jdk. only jre6. help ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i don't understand that about: If you encounter a error saying java not recognised, or files not found, right click on run.bat and click edit.:?: so could you please reply and tell me in a easier way?:lol::laugh:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Basically replace C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe with C:\Program Files\Java\jre6 ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Then go to: Start button > My Computer > Local Disk(C:) > Program Files > Java

You'll most likely see 2 folders (jdk1.6.0_11 and jre6) change it to what the directory is of 'jre6' (copy and paste from the adress bar) And it should work.

Helpp. I dont know how to get the directory of jre6, so if u could tell me it would be great :)

Back