Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to fix MAP FREEZE and sudden overflow the cpu usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello I am currently hosting an iROSE Online we use ARCTURUS iROSE verion. And we are having only 1 issue which is "MAP FREEZE" and once the player experienced it. Our serverhost suddenly increases the CPU Consumption
Example . From 5~15% cpu consumption to 50~100% Consumption. And the players who experienced the map freeze will not be able to log in because everything they will select character it will automatically DC from the server.

and then we need to restart the server again so they will be able to connect again. And then freeze again. again adn again and again . :

if needed to pay please comment down or pm me . if you just want to help we will be very thankful (Y)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you send pictures ? Any errors in LS GS or WS ?
I know who you are though, i played on your server haha :)

What client are you using ? Did you modify your arcturus files (which one are you using) ? (dll's and exe's)

I've never experienced that myself, i've always had my servers running properly or not at all.

Edit : Which version of MSSQL do you use ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As ihaki said, you don't have any logs?

How does it happen exactly? What action is the user doing while it happens, we need more details about how it happens to be able to help.

Hij.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well the error he is experiencing is : CLS SERVER invalid packet x700 or whatever , experienced this before no idea how to fix it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
princed2nd used none modified arcturus which is leak here in ragezone , the server also use mssql server 2005 express

i also use it myself on my hamachi server that runs 1year w/o freeze bug.
The only thing is. what is the difference between vps and a normal pc? Whenever we try to make a VPS host it always occur map freeze which i dont understand why! The processor and ram are 4x higher than a normal pc but map freeze are still there

the vps host which has 8gb ram , 3.7ghz ,4cores FREEZES the map in just 2-5hrs
whilst a normal pc that has 2gb ram ,2.6ghz, dualcore doesnt freeze for a day/month (they use both files and clients)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, this is a problem with the VPS, you have no error ?

Maybe it blocks sending/receiving packets as Kingdom Rose said, and freezes the map (has to be with world server in my opinion).
Weird that it works perfectly on a normal computer, but not on VPS. Why don't you try on a Dedicated server ? (It is more expensive ofc)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, this is a problem with the VPS, you have no error ?

Maybe it blocks sending/receiving packets as Kingdom Rose said, and freezes the map (has to be with world server in my opinion).
Weird that it works perfectly on a normal computer, but not on VPS. Why don't you try on a Dedicated server ? (It is more expensive ofc)

We use version 2005 mssql and we tried to upgrade our server to 8GB RAM 4CORE 3.7GHZ Processor because my developer (who set up everything) thought it is because we are using only using 2 cores and 4gb of ram. that's why i upgraded it to double the specs. but still experiencing the map freeze. Just restarted my server at this time. I will try to make screen shot and copy the logs from game server when it happens again.

Well the error he is experiencing is : CLS SERVER invalid packet x700 or whatever , experienced this before no idea how to fix it.

I'm always seeing it from world server what does it means? is it normal or not? or is it the one who causes the map freeze ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
These are mine :

8 cores 8 threads
@2.4 Ghz
x64, VT-x, AES-NI

8 Go DDR3 ECC

Yours should be enough to run the server. You don't need a beast to run a Rose online server if you don't have that much players.
But ye, make screens of servers logs that shows an error so we can see what it is and search for it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As ihaki said, you don't have any logs?

How does it happen exactly? What action is the user doing while it happens, we need more details about how it happens to be able to help.

Hij.

Everything is just normal. Players are leveling/questing and chatting. Then suddenly it will freeze map. I will post logs here when it happens again. coz i just restarted my server now before checking my post here in ragezone. :)

These are mine :

8 cores 8 threads
@2.4 Ghz
x64, VT-x, AES-NI

8 Go DDR3 ECC

Yours should be enough to run the server. You don't need a beast to run a Rose online server if you don't have that much players.
But ye, make screens of servers logs that shows an error so we can see what it is and search for it.

I've seen this on world server . "ALWAYS" ** ERROR:: CLS_Server: Invalid packet type: 0x700, Size: 17 ** ERROR:: CLS_Server: Invalid packet type: 0x700, Size: 12
** ERROR:: CLS_Server: Invalid packet type: 0x700, Size: 17
** ERROR:: CLS_Server: Invalid packet type: 0x700, Size: 13
** ERROR:: CLS_Server: Invalid packet type: 0x700, Size: 12

even if the map is not yet freezing .

is it normal or what ?

These are mine :

8 cores 8 threads
@2.4 Ghz
x64, VT-x, AES-NI

8 Go DDR3 ECC

also found my previous screen shot like 1-2 days ago from game server error . when we experienced the map freeze
princed2nd - How to fix MAP FREEZE and sudden overflow the cpu usage - RaGEZONE Forums

hope it helps

And here's the screen shot of the task manager
princed2nd - How to fix MAP FREEZE and sudden overflow the cpu usage - RaGEZONE Forums

that's the normal consumption. And then when we experienced the freeze map it will sudden increase to 50~100% and then if somone get freeze again. it will stuck to 100% .

100% CPU Consumption also happens everytime when I close the Game Server. That's why I'm wondering if there's something inside the game server is Not responding or hanging or what. I don't have any idea because i do not create rose online. I only hire a dev to create XD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try with this and tell me if it does the same

View attachment SHO_GS.rar

Edit : I had kind of the same error, it was the encryption of the server and client that was different.
I changed my client and used others SHO Files to get it working.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try with this and tell me if it does the same

View attachment 151810

Edit : I had kind of the same error, it was the encryption of the server and client that was different.
I changed my client and used others SHO Files to get it working.

I'll send that to my developer and will update you asap :) Thank you so much :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thats how it goes:

Code:
bool CLS OR GS, OR WS namespace::HandlePACKET (t_PACKETHEADER *pPacket )
{
switch ( pPacket->m_wType ) {
        case 1 :
            return somehing( (t_PACKET*)pPacket );

case 2:
            return something(Same);

default :
            LOG (adress, "** ERROR:: CLS_Server: Invalid packet type: 0x%x, Size: %d\n", pPacket->m_wType, pPacket->m_nSize);
}

}

I would say this error occurs because your exes ( GS WS LS ) can't communicate properly in the first place.

I don't know what are the files ihaki sent, but try them and give us some feedback.

Hij

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
CLS SERVER invalid packet x700 yes its true, normal pc and vps has the same error. but vps always freeze, we never tried dedicated yet. because it way too expensive and we only have few players to play around.

These are mine :

8 cores 8 threads
@2.4 Ghz
x64, VT-x, AES-NI

8 Go DDR3 ECC

yes you can run the server on any ram/core but did you ever try to run your server on public? ask 2-5 of your friend to try and test your server and do a normal gaming. like leveling and farmin for 2-3hrs from lvl 1 to 200. and lets see what happen

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes you can run the server on any ram/core but did you ever try to run your server on public? ask 2-5 of your friend to try and test your server and do a normal gaming. like leveling and farmin for 2-3hrs from lvl 1 to 200. and lets see what happen

My friends can connect on the public IP, it's not running on local atm. Nothing hapenned, everything runs smoothly

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
it wont freeze on a normal pc. if you try to order one of vps around i think it will.
and you can try it. just refund the vps when its nearly end. i just want you to test it

btw the GS youve send wasnt comaptible on the SHO that i have right now.
it gives *** ERROR: Decode recv packet body, IP , it can connect to ls and ws, but when you try to select a character, it will instant DC

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use no protect to launch it.

make a .bat with :
Code:
TRose.exe  [USER=2000171932]trigger[/USER]_SOFT@ _server yourip

OR

use a protected client and a bat (you have to get ruffprotect in your client) :
Code:
ruffprotect.exe yourip

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks like it comes from VPS.

I tried the same files on my Dedicated server with MSSQL 2000 and it works like a charm, without any error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

This... I experienced it while making string files reading special chars, and when adding items to the game without having them properly added server sided ( STBs + S_STBs ).

Try checking your STLS for any special chars such as
Code:
 ' " é à @ \ /
and so on. , on an item name.

If you find one, try to get it and drop it on the gound while InGame to see if it happens. Thats how it happened last time I had this.

Hij.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back