Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting Up Navicat My Way

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok RageZoners, This is my personal guide to how I setup my NaviCat so pretty much do the following and it should more then likely work:

-First of all start wamp (if you ask how to start Wamp, go /wrist)
-Secondly, open NaviCat
-Third There is an icon that says Connection, it is beside Manage Users...anyway, click that symbol that has Connections under it
-Fourth set your Connection Name to w/e you want
>Host Name/IP Address set to localhost (in other words, type in localhost) or set it to 127.0.0.1
>Port 3306 (should be auto-set)
>Username is set to root...thats is, root (r-o-o-t)
>password is set to root* (Look down for errors on this part)
-Click OK beside the Cancel button
-Now you should have a little connection
(Look at the little picture/thumbnail)

doodely - Setting Up Navicat My Way - RaGEZONE Forums

!!!This part below is after you got your server files!!!

-Now beside the newly created icon, there are wee-lil' dotted lines coming from it. Click those lil' buggers and a new little window should pop up asking for the password, and you enter root
-Now a little + symbol will be beside the icon, that or it will automatically drop down for you (does for me)
-Click that little symbol and you will see:
>information_schema
>mysql
>phpmyadmin
>test
-Got it? Good!! (If not, then completely reinstall navicat)
-Now the little icon we made earlier....from the screenshot (if your wondering "icon?!").....RIGHT-CLICK IT (little button on the RIGHT of the mouse-wheel/ball) and go down to "+New Database"
-Name it w/e your MySql is set to, mine for example is dheat_roseon, others are roseon_beta
-After that, RIGHT-CLICK on your newly created Database, in the list with phpmyadmin and information_schema, and go down to "Execute Batch File..."
>So far every single Emu file on this site has some database information to go with it, most common places are, in the ??:\Server\Sql or after extracting a file, it is directly in the new folder, but find that MySql file
>Mine is in the new eROSE source code file
-Now find that Sql and DOUBLE-CLICK it
-Now you should get this new windows loading random thinga-ma-gedgies and loading Queries and such, wait till in that little window it says done Executing- Successful!
-Now just a SINGLE LEFT-CLICK on the database we made , and WOW LOOKY!! NEW TABLES!! (Over in right plane smarty-pants =P)

So that is that to setting up your NaviCat to ROSE Emu's on this site, and from the point I stopped at, if you have to, make your account in the Account Table in the Database you made

*This is for the "*" near root up there; many people get a error saying "1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: Yes/No"
>Click on Manage Users, if you click and nothing happens, then click on one of your working host names and NOW CLICK ON MANAGE USERS
>Now go to +Add User now fill that little information window out, root localhost root root should be correct
>After that is done, a new user should be in the window to your left over there (awwwww) now click that new one ONCE!!
>On the right, under Global Privileges, CLICK the button Grant All
-Now your new hostname should have the powers needed to open databases and execute the mysql files for the ROSE Emu's needing a password MySql

Hopefully this will be stickied for future reference :D

!!!I will give credits to all RageZoners who listed their errors and also to the user(s) who supplied the Emu's and Files needed for said Emu's!!!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Certain ones require it, and mine is based around the one you're having trouble in :D

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
¬¬ lol
so i need to put a pass ¬¬

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The pass I guess would be optional, but i was basing it off the forum info on the eROSE source, which said I needed a pass, so I kept one for it :D

Back