Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hosting your own DCRs and editing variables

Status
Not open for further replies.
RaGEZONE VETERAN
Loyal Member
Reaction score
[!] Hosting own V17 DCRs and Externals

********************************************** README **********************************************
The included dcrs and externals will only work for V17 servers or lower.
If you are having problems then leave a message on my user page by clicking my name.
If you are having problems with the download links then PM me and I'll sort it out.
Please do not PM me with questions, just for serious issues.
If the images aren't working then they should be back later on, the host is sometimes offline.
The DCR pack does not include hof_furni because the download would be too big.
********************************************************************************************
- Introduction -
Welcome to this tutorial, which has been written from scratch by me TomSpit. In this tutorial I will be going through, in detail; How to host your own DCRs and edit your external variables to work with them, for a v9 - v17 server.
********************************************************************************************
- What you will need -
Retro Server, I will be using debbo V4 as it is quite stable and is easy to use.
Some DCRs, I will be using my dcr pack, which is available to download at the bottom.
Externals, Which will be needed to edit to your preferences later on in the tutorial.
Web Host, To upload the DCRs and externals to, so people can also use them.
FTP Client, For the fast and convenient upload of the DCRs and externals.
.ZIP Extractor, To extract the compressed .ZIP with my DCRs in them.
- Getting Everything Prepared -
Download my DCR pack from one of the mirrors below and extract them to the DESKTOP.
Download my externals and loader file at the bottom of this post.
Download an FTP client, I recommend BLAZE FTP, their is a link at the bottom for it.
Sign up for an WEB HOST, I recommend 000webhost, their is a link at the bottom for it.
Now make sure everything is ready and in an easy to find place, such as your desktop.
Make sure you can access the files easy, like this;
TomSpit - Hosting your own DCRs and editing variables - RaGEZONE Forums

- Setting up the FTP client -
First of all you will need to login to your web hosting control panel.
Next you will need to find the part where it says WEBSITE MANAGER near top bar.
Then click on the link FTP manager and it will take you to the correct page.
Leave the window open, and open Blaze FTP, which you downloaded and installed earlier.
You need to put your FTP details into the bar at the top if you are using Blaze FTP.
For the url box enter your subdomain from your hosting; mine is spits.atwebpages.com.
For the user box, enter your unique numerical code; mine is 97240.
For the password box, use your usual password or you can change it manually.
Make sure your passive box is ticked and the port is set to 21.
Now click connect and hopefully, you will connect if the details are correct.
The top bar of Blaze FTP should look somthing like the below;

- When connected -
When connected the two middle boxes on either side should show some files.
The left box is your local pc, where you can browse your files on YOUR pc.
The right box is the web-host's files, their should be only one.
You see the one file on the left, it should say USERNAME.atwebpages.com.
Double click on the file and now their should be only one or two files.
Now, on the left box, navigate to your DESKTOP and open the folder with my DCR pack.
Now you should see all of the files and also the folders hof_furni and sound.
Hold your shift key and select all of the files and folders on the left side.
Now drag and drop them onto the right hand side.
They should now be uploading and in the upload queue.
The time taken will vary on internet connection and the busyness of the host.
Now just sit back and watch the files upload, this will take a long time of around 30 minutes.
- When uploaded -
When the upload has complete, the upload queue should firstly be empty.
Next, check to see on the right hand side, their are all of the DCRs and the two folders.
This means the upload has been a success, and your files will be on the webhost.
- Finding the url of the Habbo.DCR -
Well, this part shouldn't be too hard, and you have to be stupid to get this wrong.
Your Habbo.DCR should be located at USERNAME.atwebpages.com/habbo.dcr.
Or if you are using a different host USERNAME.hostdomain.com/habbo.dcr, or whatever..
It vary's with what host you are using but I'd stick with runhosting, tbh.
Your address bar should look like this;

- Editing your external_variables for use of the DCRs -
You can download externals from the bottom of this post!
This part is also easy and hard to get wrong.
First you will need to get your hands on some external_variables, not that hard.
Now you need to look for the part; dynamic.download.url=
After the =, you will need to put USERNAME.atwebpages.com/
Next for the part; dynamic.download.name.template=
After the =, you will need to put; hof_furni/hh_furni_xx_%typeid%.cct
Next for the part; dynamic.download.samples.template=
After the =, you will need to put sound/%typeid%.cct
So these parts will look like;
dynamic.download.url=http://USERNAME.host.com/
dynamic.download.name.template=hof_furni/hh_furni_xx_%typeid%.cct
dynamic.download.samples.template=sound/%typeid%.cct
You will also need to edit some other parts with the figuredata links and stuff.
This part isn't too hard and you can ask anyone on how to do this.
Yes, the figuredata.txt is included in my external and loader pack.
Now you should be done, save and close.
Then also, upload your external_variables to your webhost.
- Editing Loader -
Get the loader html and put in the url of the external_variables to where they should be.
So - http://USERNAME.110mb.com/external_variables.txt - They go in two diff places.
Next you will need to put in the url to your habbo.dcr into the right place.
So - http://USERNAME.110mb.com/habbo.dcr - it only goes into one place in old loaders.
Now edit the rest of your loader and check that everything is correct.
Then upload your loader and test it, while the server is running.
Hopefully, now you'll be running on your own DCRs, which you can edit and add customs to.
- Conclusion -
This guide does go into this in quite alot of detail and has no flaws, that I can see in it.
It may not seem that clear at parts but if you use your head, it should be fine.
To use these dcr's you will need OLD externals and an OLD loader, so watch out.
Anyone wanting to post my guide on other forums, please atleast give me credit.
THE DCR PACK IS V17, which has the old login and old style habbo and is only to be used with servers such as Debbo V3, V4, Hablog and Splaze.
-! Update 03/01/09 !-
I have re-uploaded the externals & DCR pack to a new set of hosts. If you are having any problems with a download link then use one of the other download links I have provided. I have removed the hof_furni folder because of file size issues, but you can just get a hof_furni folder from any version of DCRs, or use Habbo's! Any problems then drop me a profile message.
********************************************************************************************​
- Downloads & Links;
DCR PACK - (Mirror A) - CLICK HERE - FILE FACTORY
DCR PACK - (Mirror B) - CLICK HERE - MEGAUPLOAD
DCR PACK - (Mirror C) - CLICK HERE - FILE DROPPER
DCR PACK - (Mirror D) - CLICK HERE - MEDIAFIRE
********************************************************************************************​
- Got any questions or need help?
If you have any questions or queries then drop me a visitor message by clicking on my name. If you have a serious issue or if one of the download links are dead then PM me. Thanks,​
TomSpit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back