Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

3ds Max 8 Importer / Exporter Released!

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
desided to release the importer for what its worth right now.
added the half translated exporter aswell for convenience..
might be usefull for some people :thumbup1:

Version 0.1 includes :

Armature/Bones Import : Working ( 98% done )
Animation Import : Working but needs tweeking ( 90% done )
Mesh Import : Working! ( 10% done )

I thought lets do another release of the importer! a lot has improved but its not 100% done yet.
skinning for the mesh is not included in this version, i'm still working on that.
the mesh importing is working though :thumbup: with multiple file support, all mesh versions and types as far as I tested work like a charm.

if bugs pop up leave a message in my inbox then I can fix it for the next release.

Version 0.3 includes :

Armature/Bones Import : Working ( 98% done )
Animation Import : Working ( 97% done )
Mesh Import : Working ( 80% done )

source not included..

View attachment Kalonline3dsMaxImportSkin.rar

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
brill hunny!!!! keep going :) xx This is defo going to be useful to ALOT of peepies :)

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
only 3d max 8 ?
yes.. its in the title :p.. its pointless to skip to higher versions of max as the exporter is not compileable at this point for higher versions because the libraries needed for it are not compatible.. or I would need to rewrite the complete exporter.. the importer would be compileable for higher versions of max though.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I wanted to ask what are u using to create those skins? and do u know how could i change g50 kn8 armors to g70 armors (skin) + weapon :Þ Thx for ur help =)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well .. when i add the Object over KWE ...it doesent show ingame :S

Its a simple Building - Export -> KalOnline 3DSMax8 Export (*GT) -> Geometry Binary Export - Matynator
Export ype selection: Bones
Export filetype selection
GeometryBinara (.gb)

Add the GT file & Exported.

Add the .GB File into my DATA/OBJECTS/b/1/ folder

Started KWE - Changed to OPL, changed the Object with the one i just exported ...doesent show up ingame.

Reaction score
Well .. when i add the Object over KWE ...it doesent show ingame :S

Its a simple Building - Export -> KalOnline 3DSMax8 Export (*GT) -> Geometry Binary Export - Matynator
Export ype selection: Bones
Export filetype selection
GeometryBinara (.gb)

Add the GT file & Exported.

Add the .GB File into my DATA/OBJECTS/b/1/ folder

Started KWE - Changed to OPL, changed the Object with the one i just exported ...doesent show up ingame.
rly?...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
s0ul666 instead of "Spamming" arround would be nice to see a better solution from you, if u want to answer on every threads with no content, try 4chan.

Reaction score
I could say the same thing, instead of "Spamming" stupid questions try using your head or google,search.

How the hell did u come up with exporting bones for a building ?... why not animation?

If u still don't know or ur just too lazy,dumb to think,search here's the answer
Mesh/Model (M) - Used for Clothes/Map objects
Bones (B) and/or Animation (A) - Used only for Motion/Animated map objects

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It might sound weird but could u help me getting in touch with 3rd Max 8? i mean finding it...i was looking for it for a couple of hours on the internet but it seems since that version is outdatet...no website still offers it for sale/download ^^"

Master Summoner
Reaction score
It might sound weird but could u help me getting in touch with 3rd Max 8? i mean finding it...i was looking for it for a couple of hours on the internet but it seems since that version is outdatet...no website still offers it for sale/download ^^"

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score

Was so Ducking hard to find..
Here on Mega download.

Greets
LordMin

just some background info as a sidenote here, this link you posted is for max 2008, max 8 is a different version. as its released in like 2005 or so. I cant tell you if the importer works for the 2008 version since the max sdk aswell as the software itself changed quite a lot within that timeframe.

Back