Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Bango Server Emulator for Linux [C++]

Ozi

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@RevEngKal

thanks for advice <3
but i have a good knowledge in opp can help me but i just still miss some syntax in those codes i didn't find in my courses xD

Reaction score
Well, then you can just look those up in any C++ reference guide.

I do agree that good documentation is necessary for people to join. The documentation should not deal with C++, but rather application architecture specifics. GitHub does provide a wiki for every project, which would be ideal. You can start there and add articles yourself while you are diving into the project. This will enable more users like you to contribute easily.
While documentation is great and all, this project isn't really that complex, it's actually quite straightforward. Took me (and I'm not even that experienced) maybe 20 minutes to go through the whole thing and start adding stuff...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between this emulator and normal server and client files?
I know this emulator is for development purposes only, but what is the difference?
Isn't it easier to just use normal server/client files?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I do agree that good documentation is necessary for people to join. The documentation should not deal with C++, but rather application architecture specifics. GitHub does provide a wiki for every project, which would be ideal. You can start there and add articles yourself while you are diving into the project. This will enable more users like you to contribute easily.

I do read about Doxygen, I'll try to document the sources and maybe uxe Moxygen to generate .md files out of it so we could host it on github.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between this emulator and normal server and client files?
I know this emulator is for development purposes only, but what is the difference?
Isn't it easier to just use normal server/client files?

We don't have "normal" 2017 server files.
Emulating server basicly means coding it from scratch.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
how i can fix this issue. please .
lafreak - Bango Server Emulator for Linux [C++] - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
how i can fix this issue. please .
lafreak - Bango Server Emulator for Linux [C++] - RaGEZONE Forums

Code:
No such file or directory
It's self-explainatory, somehow DBServer is missing for you. You can always rebuild binaries by running
Code:
./BUILD
in root catalog.

I've added documentation to CNPC.

Somehow Moxygen doesn't export static methods documentation.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
While documentation is great and all, this project isn't really that complex, it's actually quite straightforward. Took me (and I'm not even that experienced) maybe 20 minutes to go through the whole thing and start adding stuff...
I don't know anything of c++, nor kalonline development thus far. However documentation would help a lot :). I've been looking at it for a few minutes, and whilst some things are mostly syntactical sugar that I should look up, there are other things like for example 'PutOnItem' which should honestly be refactored to 'Equip', or things like 'IntoInven' -> 'AddToInventory'.

Simple documentation and proper naming is important for anyone joining the project, especially if you're in a multilingual community :)

P.S. Why are classes named with an additional C (e.g. CPlayer, CClientSocket, CDBSocket...)?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I don't know anything of c++, nor kalonline development thus far. However documentation would help a lot :). I've been looking at it for a few minutes, and whilst some things are mostly syntactical sugar that I should look up, there are other things like for example 'PutOnItem' which should honestly be refactored to 'Equip', or things like 'IntoInven' -> 'AddToInventory'.

Simple documentation and proper naming is important for anyone joining the project, especially if you're in a multilingual community :)

P.S. Why are classes named with an additional C (e.g. CPlayer, CClientSocket, CDBSocket...)?

I tried to follow inix' naming convention not to get lost (that's why I named it PutOnItem/IntoInven). Yes, it defenitely should be renamed at some point. Same goes for class names, it's my bad habbit to add additional C or m_ to private class members.

Added Party documentation:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Emulator working with chinesse client.

A0CFttb - Bango Server Emulator for Linux [C++] - RaGEZONE Forums

mI1MEuZ - Bango Server Emulator for Linux [C++] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've implemented address finder, now you can use 1 DLL for all previous and future clients. No need to search for address manually whenever inix makes update.
From now just update your client with inix updater, add VERSION.dll and replace XTrap folder.
Tested with (win7 & win10):
- 7/7/2017 new UI engine
- 20/7/2017 new UI engine
- 20/7/2017 old UI engine (which inix decided not to update anymore since january 2017)
- 7/7/2017 chinese engine

Download:
- VERSION.dll
- XTrap.zip

It's possible to pick your UI and connect to one server:

REpkzqe - Bango Server Emulator for Linux [C++] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ho29 This guys is crazy, how so, if you do not even know how to configure a simple VMWare, why so you want to continue following this, already been posted a tutorial. if can not run, unfortunately it is not your programming branch.

Back