Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[DEV] Geometry Binary Blender Importer

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Swordfish: Geometry Binary Blender Importer Version 0.5.1

* Remember version numbers as updates become available to ensure you are using the current release.

Completed Functionality:
  • User Interface
  • Meshes
    • Vertex Formats: 0 to 5 and bare minimum 6-11
    • Primitive Types: Triangle Strip and List
    • Sticky and Per-face UV Coordinates
  • Collision Mesh
  • Armature
  • Materials
  • Animations
  • Textures
Incomplete Functionality:
  • Collision Octree
  • Particle Effects
  • Sound Effects
Installation:
  1. Download and install Blender 2.49b from
  2. Download and install Python 2.7.x from (Windows Users)
  3. Unzip contents of swordfish-v0.x.0.zip
  4. Copy swordfish_import.py and swordfish_gb.py into your Blender scripts directory.
Usage:
  1. Click File > Import > Geometry Binary (*.gb)
  2. Add X amount of mesh files
  3. Optionally add bone file
  4. Optionally add animation file
  5. Set texture look-up path
  6. Optionally select texture extension override
  7. Click import
License:

Download:

Version 0.2.0
  • Added per-face UV coordinates
  • Added partial material support
  • Added mesh names from descriptor
  • Updated user interface
  • Fixed reading of triangle list face indices

• (Rapidshare.com)
  • (Mirror provided by DeathArt)

Version 0.3.0
  • Changed scale and rotation controls from Number's to Slider's
  • Added flip normals and smooth toggle buttons, set to default as True, by request from Salvation
  • Added ANIMATION IMPORTING!

• (Mirror provided by Shorty)
  • (Mirror provided by Foxx)
  • (Mirror provided by KingIzu)
  • (Mirror provided by Jake)
  • (Mirror provided by Jake)

Version 0.4.0
  • Changed UI to include control states by visibility
  • Added yes or no question when removing a mesh
  • Added texture importing through texture extenstion override option, by request from 007Luk

• (Rapidshare.com)
  • (Mirror provided by KingIzu)
  • (Mirror provided by Narutaru)
  • (Mirror provided by Ace-SG)

Version 0.5.0
  • Fixed bug in header format documentation and reading where the mesh count was reversed with the material count
  • Fixed bug in header reading where keyFrameCount was being read as a 4 byte integer instead of a 2 byte short and unknown0 wasn't being read thereafter
  • Fixed bug in header reading where the crc32 wasn't converted from a tuple type to a integer
  • Fixed bug where a file that contained an armature and/or animation weren't being added to the scene
  • Added bare minimal support to read vertex formats 6 to 11

• (Rapidshare.com)

Version 0.5.1
  • Fixed minor bug due to the removal of textureExtension initialization to None

• (Rapidshare.com)

Last edited:
Arrogant Wizard
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Very nice Phantom. =D

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice work Phantom*!

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Version 0.4.0 released.
  • Changed UI to include control states by visibility
  • Added yes or no question when removing a mesh
  • Added texture importing through texture extenstion override option, by request from 007Luk
  • Changed default value for importing collision mesh to false
http://forum.ragezone.com/f389/dev-geometry-binary-blender-importer-345493/#post2977203

Remove all previous files swordfish.py, swordfish_ui.py, swordfish_ui.pyc, swordfish_gb.py, swordfish_gb.pyc prior to installation.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mirrors:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Direct Link FTP Mirror^^

Well all made this I thought that I also can make this xD

http://kalserverace.com
Loyal Member
Reaction score
- 2st upload link.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Version 0.5.0 released.
  • Fixed bug in header format documentation and reading where the mesh count was reversed with the material count
  • Fixed bug in header reading where keyFrameCount was being read as a 4 byte integer instead of a 2 byte short and unknown0 wasn't being read thereafter
  • Fixed bug in header reading where the crc32 wasn't converted from a tuple type to a integer
  • Fixed bug where a file that contained an armature and/or animation weren't being added to the scene
  • Added bare minimal support to read vertex formats 6 to 11

What does all of the above mean for you? It means you can import skills, effects, login and tomb files

http://forum.ragezone.com/f389/dev-geometry-binary-blender-importer-345493/#post2977203

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
nice. maybe you should work on an exporter/importer for 3DS max. this would lead to some amazing effects and new skills.

Kepp up the good work!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
nice. maybe you should work on an exporter/importer for 3DS max. this would lead to some amazing effects and new skills.

Kepp up the good work!

Blender is free, 3ds Max is not. Blender is open source, 3ds Max is not. Blender is cross-platform, 3ds Max is not. Blender is good software, so is 3ds Max. Hence blender, as everyone can download and use it, which cannot be said for 3ds Max.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Kepp up the good work!

What can be done in 3D Studio Max can be done with Blender and more. I'm a biased fanboy what can I say... If you donate a unpirated version of 3D Studio Max I will gladly take a stab at it with no guarantees. Or if you're like me and can't afford such donations, I give you full permission to start a fund raiser to raise the funds to purchase the software, again with no guarantees.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What can be done in 3D Studio Max can be done with Blender and more. I'm a biased fanboy what can I say... If you donate a unpirated version of 3D Studio Max I will gladly take a stab at it with no guarantees. Or if you're like me and can't afford such donations, I give you full permission to start a fund raiser to raise the funds to purchase the software, again with no guarantees.

ok then, maybe you should try making an exporter for armor files for blender instead then xD

Back