Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mage Consistant Damage Addon

Xca

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Knight is pretty balanced - I believe the knight is a good solid base calculation for all classes with +/-/% equasions.

Archer's insane 25% crit rate reduced to 10% like knight -- solved by simply deleting the f***ing Chance Capture, and adding g100 bow mastery (+50/+100atk) to counteract loss of crit rate.​

Now for mages. There is another story here, since the dawn of time, I have always hated how mages cannot and WILL NOT deal decent/any damage to higher level mobs. Why allow the mage to deal higher damage to lower mobs when theres no exp to be made? WHERE IS THE FIGHT THAT WHICH I DESIRE?!!

Intxsoft making idiot decisions smoking a joint and was like, "yo man, mages wanna fight higher level mobs, lets add it to 3rd job xDD" Idiots -- all idiots. Even in PVP she is unbalanced -- well, not unbalanced, she is just everywhere like ~wtf? +5~10 levels over the opponet, shes going to ANNIHILATE YOU, if she is lower than the opponet, SHES F**KED!

So heres my logical fix for such madness.

An addon which makes the mage's opponets (mob & player), no matter what level they are, she does the same damage as if the opponets are the same level as herself.

Now I drink this home-made tea.
*Drops the mic

Xca

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
yeah let mages splash foe/d3 f8 etc on 50 lvl that will make gameplay so ballanceeed

Not for a normal server, I forgot to mention g50 Mage armor has like 38 Def, lower evasion, lower HP. Dead pretty easy. I made Mages like all other mmorpgs; "Glass Cannons" high attack, but takes lots of damage - so this addon would make perfect sense.

And there is no splashy, i made new skill called Infernal Rage, solved afk splashy bot problem permanently.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I actually dont like that idea , with what you will do , you will destroy the party system , there will be no longer mage splash parties , every mage would play solo due to decent exp and decent solo fast lvling
Not only that but also you forgot that there is cjb and hermit , with these powerful damages for mage , hermit will be useless and cjb will be unbalanced , it will attack solo, healing himself

Thats fail actually
Just opinion

Xca

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I actually dont like that idea , with what you will do , you will destroy the party system , there will be no longer mage splash parties , every mage would play solo due to decent exp and decent solo fast lvling
Not only that but also you forgot that there is cjb and hermit , with these powerful damages for mage , hermit will be useless and cjb will be unbalanced , it will attack solo, healing himself

Thats fail actually
Just opinion

Good observation.
The 2nd addon; limit amount of mobs that can be lured (7 lures then others ignore you).
Party system alive and better than before as a TEAM will be needed to lure.
With these 2 addons, leveling and pvp will be balanced for mages.

90% of all mmorpgs do this and has been proven successful - currently kalonline is SoloOnline without needing a party to lure 900 mobs and 1hit all with some super 3rd cheat skill. Currently the kal we know is a failure when it comes to balance - it is why we continue to balance and balance and balance until our brains go insane -- because there is no true balance, even inixsoft cant even balance their own game because it's mechanics are broken.

On GladiatorS Ultimate, we tried balancing so hard and when we finally made it somewhat balanced - people loved it, other hated it. You cannot fix something that cannot be fixed; only make repairs (kalonline).

Inix killed party system when they added 3rd job + nirvana, now it should be fixed with mob lure limitation.

So whats opinion on limit mob lure amount / each player addon, together with mage addon?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
just little tip , GladiatorS Ultimate wasn't like you're saying it was not balanced anymore with qiqong and chin su your serv GladiatorS Ultimate was called IG. server , i even gave a try on it

about the addon you can try it and see the reactions of ppl

A.K.A /v\aX /--/ PHP Guru
Reaction score
Find a new game xD Taking splashy from mage?? that's madness this is the hole reason I love mages an always use them.
KalOnline has always had this problem an people for years have tried to fix it, 8 years I been here (on an off) an still its not fixed.

Goodluck anyways

A.K.A /v\aX /--/ PHP Guru
Reaction score
Xca, this is a dev section, your topic is a talk about balancing the files there isn't any dev work going on wouldn't it be better placed in the main section?..
Or are you working on DLL files to progress these ideas your talking about or are you posting in an attempt that someone else will like your "idea" an work on it??

To me this doesn't seem like dev yet you say this forum (id say this part of the forum or community) is useless, where is the progress of your ideas/brainstorming for this dev topic.

Please don't take offence to this reply I'm not at all on the attack an I too like your ideas KalOnline has always needed something like this.

Back