Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Donation Shop

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
sheenBR for a lot of the minor stuff we chat on discord as two reasons
1. as synthesis said, its quicker for us and we can easily do it on the fly on our mobiles.,
2. it doesnt flood the forum with heaps of useless drivel.
once we come to a solution we put up here the key information.

once we have a suitable database layout and i've created a parser for the information i'll share that up too (much like my current ones)

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, you can talk using skype or whatever, thats no problem.
I just said that because of the solution, being afraid that it would end up on discord and it would never be here. But yeah, thats the spirit! other members may have the same issue that you, would be nice to share, as the initial help request was made here. Otherwise, it would invalidate the forum's purpose hehe

I myself are really interested in the PayPal stuff. If you guys can tell me, I would need that notification system, when you add in your website a buy button that you can purchase some credits for example, and then, once your payment is approved, you get a POST request on a PHP page in your server that tells you the payment was approved, cancelled, denied etc. If this shop has it please tell me and I would need a little guidance hehe

If not, and you know how to implement it, let me know too. See, automatic credits are a MUST. We cant be bothered checking all the payments stuff and add the credits. We should make it automatic, to spare valious time.

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
I just said that because of the solution, being afraid that it would end up on discord and it would never be here. But yeah, thats the spirit! other members may have the same issue that you, would be nice to share, as the initial help request was made here. Otherwise, it would invalidate the forum's purpose hehe

I myself are really interested in the PayPal stuff. If you guys can tell me, I would need that notification system, when you add in your website a buy button that you can purchase some credits for example, and then, once your payment is approved, you get a POST request on a PHP page in your server that tells you the payment was approved, cancelled, denied etc. If this shop has it please tell me and I would need a little guidance hehe

If not, and you know how to implement it, let me know too. See, automatic credits are a MUST. We cant be bothered checking all the payments stuff and add the credits. We should make it automatic, to spare valious time.
I was thinking about that the other day.
I wonder if they (paypal) have the option to have an automatic alert system that can be configured.

Kind of like that TOP100 website has a callback function so you can reward votes etc.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

If not, and you know how to implement it, let me know too. See, automatic credits are a MUST. We cant be bothered checking all the payments stuff and add the, credits. We should make it automatic, to spare valious time.
Well I've got it working up to the part where it is supposed to send the item.
This donation shop actually automatically adds coins after a paypal paymant.

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
will have to as Synthesis, i haven't gotten involved at all.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Paypal sends an HTTP post to a specified web url when payment is completed.This is specified by the code sending that detail when the user clicks the link to paypal. Post returns to an aspx page which then adds the coins to the users account based on post information. Simple.

See IPN.aspx.vb

Try
'Dim testipn As String = ""

' For Each x In Request.Form
'testipn = testipn & " " & Request.Form(x)
' Next

Dim paymentstatus As String = Request.Form("payment_status")
Dim txnid As String = Request.Form("txn_id")
Dim receiveemail As String = Request.Form("receiver_email")
Dim amount As String = Request.Form("mc_gross")
Dim currency As String = Request.Form("mc_currency")
Dim userid As String = Request.Form("custom")
Dim itemname As String = Request.Form("item_name")
Dim payer As String = Request.Form("payer_email")
Dim testipn As Integer = Request.Form("test_ipn")

SqlDataSource1.InsertCommand = "INSERT INTO [paypal] ([pstatus], [txnid], [remail], [amount], [currency],[userid],[payeremail],[itemname],[testipn]) VALUES ('" & paymentstatus & "','" & txnid & "','" & receiveemail & "','" & amount & "','" & currency & "','" & userid & "','" & payer & "','" & itemname & "','" & testipn & "')"
SqlDataSource1.Insert()
Catch ex As Exception
Dim userid As String = Request.Form("custom")
SqlDataSource1.InsertCommand = "INSERT INTO [paymenterrors] ([date],[exception], [userid]) VALUES ('" & Now.Date & "','" & ex.ToString & "','" & userid & "')"
SqlDataSource1.Insert()
End Try

Hey gzuz so i ran into a small problem. I've got most of it configured, kinda rigged to work for the moment, but when i go to select the spec of the item and what character to send it to, i get "You are higher than the maximum level allowed for donation of xp" error.

Cant figure it out

Was wondering if you came across the clan files yet that you were looking for

Enable debugging in web.config and let me see the error.

You need this to make it work properly....View attachment LevelListUpdater.zip

Check the bin folder ---> release ----> Ranking.zip.

Should be all you need.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
And how to enable this on paypal website? Is there a sandbox where we can send requests to test our application?

<form target="_new" method="post" action="https://www.YourDomain.com/Path/ipn.Aspx">
<input type="hidden" name="SomePayPalVar" value="SomeValue1"/>
<input type="hidden" name="SomeOtherPPVar" value="SomeValue2"/>

<!-- code for other variables to be tested ... -->

<input type="submit"/>
</form>

To make this work you need to change the url of the PayPal ipn server listener address to the PayPal sandbox address until you finish testing. Make sure to change it back after you have tested so you can take real payments.

See this page for info.

Thanks,
Gzuz

Ps. The ranking zip should probably be a linked but separate release. It will scan every user dat file and enter every user specific detail into the database. All stats, xp values, the number of items held, gold in inventory, gold in warehouse... You can make a very comprehensive ranking table with this with more fun rankings instead of the generic high level. You can have high stat rankings, richest player rankings, highest monster kill count etc

Back