Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DRZ Source client and server upgrade - resize the login menu and font for screensize

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dear bro

For those who have been using DRZ and release source code, will know that new Aspectratio of 16:9 and screen size have been increase from max 4 to max 7. Qty 4 for 4:3 and 4 for 16:9. The set back is the login menu and font become very small to see when in high resolution. The game font for english is set at 16. It fine when using low resolution like 1366 x 768..but any things higher than that, the font and picture will become very small to see.

After the login menu, you will come to the screen where u need to select char to play, a charinfobox will be show when your mouse is at the selected char. If your char do not have a clan, the charinfobox will not show a clan coloum. i find that it dont look nice as compare to char who have clan. i have rewrite it to show the charinfobox, same as the char that has a clan, if char has no clan, it will show " NO Clan yet " in the clan coloum.

I have rewrite the source code to look for the ptreg.rgx screen size and load the font size 16 to screen size below 1366x768 and load font size 24 for resolution above that. Basiclly mean when screen size poisition is either at 0,1,4,5, it will load font size 16 and screen size position either at 2,3,6,7 will load font size 24.

i have also rewrite the source code to load the tga files for the login and opening menu to follow the screen size, basically mean when screen size is at position either 0,1,4,5 it will load normal size picture and screen size position either 2,3,6,7 it will load 1.5 time so it look balance in high resolution.

A lot of brother have problem getting the clan to work, the problem is that, it will look for clan info inside a folder call clanfiles, example claninsert.aspx is in wwwroot\clanfiles\clan\claninsert.aspx.You need to make a folder clanfiles and copy all your clan file into it and make vitural folder in iis. if you worry that u might miss a file . i will attach the clanfiles folder and all u need is to copy to the root of iis and change 3 files host, user id and passwords. The 3 files is claninsert.aspx, setting.asp and sodsetting.asp and yr clan system will work fine.

i will attach the client folder and server folder for those brother who wish to try for fun. Inside server folder, change the sq.dll, hotuk_server.ini and clan.dll info to your host, id and passwords and copy all the file inside the server folder to your current working server folder.

Inside client folder, change the hotuk.ini info to your host, id and passwords and copy all the filed inside the client folder to your current working client folder.

For client source file, please try to use DRZ source file which is release by DRZ or any other source code source file will also can. Ept v3.142 source file will also be able to run the client exe. Do you use jpt, br source file, it will crash the game.

i will continue to resize the ingame pic, like status menu, skill menu, inven menu and all...so it will look balance and better when in playing high resolution. The Full mode is not working with the aspect ratio 16:9. if full mode is selected in ptreg. it will crash the game. i will work on it later. currently focus on the ingame menu...like skill menu, status menu, invent menu...etc

Please wait for my next update.

Darkshindo1 - DRZ Source client and server upgrade - resize the login menu and font for screensize - RaGEZONE Forums

The File-enjoy

Last edited:
RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
Looks good, how come the word wrap didnt expand the text box in the picture?
great share btw. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bro

Althought i have many years of c++ knowledge but i doing alone and so many code to rewrite. Please give me time to rewrite all the necessary code for font size 24 and pic loading. i did not fully finish the login menu. Left the words in the box, example "continue this tale". To change the font size and words is easy, as now i forcus on the ingame inven, skill, statud menu, etc..

Now working on inven menu and the interface..so far so good. Later i will upload pic of my progress.

The client that i share, will chose the screen size in the ptreg and load the font and pic size according. Mean if screen size is either 0, 1, 4, 5, it will load font size 16 and normal size pic. If screen size is either 2,3,6,7, it will load font size 24 and 1.5 time pic size.

This is to have a balance display in size when playing in high resolution (1366x 768 and above). So far there no one doing this changes..so i took up and do but it will take time. So if i can do it..any one also can. And any one who wish to try to rewrite the code and have problem..u can ask me..and if i know i will share my knowledege.

Regards.s

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks good, how come the word wrap didnt expand the text box in the picture?
great share btw. :)

Bro

i have done partially the inventory and interface menu, about 40% done and attach a zip file with pic to show that it can be done, not just say say only. Anyone brother who want to try to do some mod in the source code and have problem, u can let me know and if i can help i will try my best to share my knowledge.

It is possible to rewrite the code to what you wan it to be. Just need to be patient and study the source code..i have study the source code for few months before i ready know how the programer do his coding.
After you have understand the source code, you will know that it not that hard to do changes or to rewrite the code to add things, like new class, new tiers and events..you just need to have patient and understand how the programer do his coding..if you can catch his pattern of coding..it will help u in recoding. All the best and happy coding..

below is the attachment. enjoy !!!!

regards

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dear bro

Update of my progress on the resize for high resolution. I have finish doing for interface, now working on inventory menu. I have sucessfully make the items load 1.5 time when putting it in the inven menu, but the startx, starty and endx, endy for the inven items, placing of items got miss alight. I working on that issue..trying to solve that part.. For the game to load 1.5 time or using 33 x 33. We need to change the source file in the client side to load 33 x 33 bmp file for 1.5 time effect. In the inventory menu, i have rewrite the code to load jx= /33 and jy= /33 and all the neccessary part to load 1.5 time in inventory menu. Hope that i can finish the inventory menu so i can move on to skill, status then to all the shops and npc menu..it a long and so many parts for recoding but i will try my best to do it..cheers

Regards.

Last edited:
Back