Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MPT Server/Client/Admin Files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sunny now 100% funtional sod have corona and ranking toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, i'm getting unable to connect.
The configurations I did are:

Client side:
Edited the sky/a.rgx .

Server side:
Edited hotuk, sql.dll, clan.dll .

I'm trying to run it locally - 127.0.0.1
What I'm missing? I guess I didn't edit something..
The admin.exe and the server.exe should stay the same way we donwloaded them? because I didn't found any ip to replace.
btw when I used the tcpview I saw that the client connects to localhost so I guess that the problem is between the connection of the server and the SQL server.

Thanks!

Reaction score
The only connection problems you can face is if the folowing are wrongly made.

1: ODBC
(Id first try make this cnnection, as its the easiest. reqires no sql dll, just ODBC connected via Windows NT authority (not via sql connection info)

See if that works. if it does, then you are ready to upgrade to the propper way.

2: Gregoos SQL dll:
Ener your SQL info there. then edit the dll like shown here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f286/lost-connection-server-945717/#post7700245

Rememebr to fix up your registrastion script.
Replace the disuseday date with a year FAR i the future or only the defualt admin admin password will be able to logn chars.

You will be connected in no time.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Any good admin/user clients for this? The admin client given is quite laggy, not sure if there are any others floating around

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
These files are free edition that causes bugs? In short this clean ?

Last edited:
RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
@SunnyZ perhaps I can pick your brain bud?

first off, the 5 parts of the client all seem to be the same installer? or am i missing something.

Secondly. i setup the server from this and tried using the client from your VM server but it cannot connect, just times out, ive set all ips, forwarded ports etc etc but just times out. any thought on what that may be? its got me stumped :/
unless its using a different port but im not sure where to check what ports they are using

update: I have installed the MPT client and used that with admin.exe and a.rgx
I am getting unable to connect but I am having issues with my SQL if you could help me with it.

Ive done all the sql.dll and clan.dll etc (used the generators on the gregoo page to be sure)
I used the scripts in another tutorial to create the databases.

Using the ASP pages the sql injection was not functioning for my account creation even after I adjusted the settings in the .asp file for the database and login information.

so I manually entered into accountdb using what I could see were the injection strings from the account creating page asp file.
Its getting there because if i dont enter a password then it will bounce back as incorrect password rather than unable to connect.

I am a bit lost here :/

EDIT:
I notice in the VM 2K3 image its accountdb where I read the thing to do it as AccountDB. Is the PT server case sensitive in this case?

Reaction score
I think the problem with that was disuseday, that's the day when ur acc is blocked.
So set it to year 2020 or something. Otherwise you will only be able to login with the default admin password you set in the hotuk.ini

Also with gregoos sql.dll
I had to open it in hex, find account_db and change it to accountdb.

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
nah i had set the disuse day to 2040 or something, and its seeing the account because if I dont put any password it tells me the password is incorrect :/

edit.
i found the line you speak of in the SQL so I took the one from the old sql.dll that had the accountdb instead of account_db but still no love :/

does this thing store logs for its sql lookups anywhere?

Reaction score
Hmm I had issues with setting the date TOO far into the future.
Thats why I set it to 2020, that worked.

There are no SQL logs that I know of.

And you can't just use a different sql file. that file NEEDS to have your sql database login and password in it.

Also, if as you said, you cant even get the asp to make an account.
You may have not created the proper sql login account.

If you want, contact me on skype, sungam3d
Much easier to talk there.

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
Ill add you on skype,
i have made it point to my sql database (kilroypt/sqlexpress) and put my login and password details.
i might try as you say about shortening the end date.
in looking at server logs when i left the client open it did log a "timeout" so its getting to it at least.

Ive installed sqlexpress 2008 but its running sql management studio 2014, any chance that can cause issues?

I did try to set up the ODBC as a fall back but i dont think it worked for me ahaha

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@SunnyZ perhaps I can pick your brain bud?

first off, the 5 parts of the client all seem to be the same installer? or am i missing something.

Secondly. i setup the server from this and tried using the client from your VM server but it cannot connect, just times out, ive set all ips, forwarded ports etc etc but just times out. any thought on what that may be? its got me stumped :/
unless its using a different port but im not sure where to check what ports they are using

update: I have installed the MPT client and used that with admin.exe and a.rgx
I am getting unable to connect but I am having issues with my SQL if you could help me with it.

Ive done all the sql.dll and clan.dll etc (used the generators on the gregoo page to be sure)
I used the scripts in another tutorial to create the databases.

Using the ASP pages the sql injection was not functioning for my account creation even after I adjusted the settings in the .asp file for the database and login information.

so I manually entered into accountdb using what I could see were the injection strings from the account creating page asp file.
Its getting there because if i dont enter a password then it will bounce back as incorrect password rather than unable to connect.

I am a bit lost here :/

EDIT:
I notice in the VM 2K3 image its accountdb where I read the thing to do it as AccountDB. Is the PT server case sensitive in this case?

how do you fix this problem??

2-3days looking to fix this problem SQL.DLL it say unable to connect

ive done anything but it give me a poop unable to connect

changed account_db to accountdb
changed PT-SERVER/SQLEXPRESS to MY/SQLEXPRESS
changed 123456 to my password
changed disused day

how do i fix this

putting username it give me password
putting username + password = unable to connect

HMm

Reaction score
how do you fix this problem??

2-3days looking to fix this problem SQL.DLL it say unable to connect

ive done anything but it give me a poop unable to connect

changed account_db to accountdb
changed PT-SERVER/SQLEXPRESS to MY/SQLEXPRESS
changed 123456 to my password
changed disused day

how do i fix this

putting username it give me password
putting username + password = unable to connect

HMm

Tried using the admin password set in server hotuk.ini ?

*ADMIN_LOGIN "admin"

This will allow you to log any account created with the password admin.

If you can log in, then the problem is with 'DisuseDay' in the sql database.
This column is located in the accountDB for each account, you need to set this date to something far in the future as this is the date when the account is disabled.

You need to fix your account registration scripts, set the date to like "2030-12-12 00:00:00.000"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tried using the admin password set in server hotuk.ini ?

*ADMIN_LOGIN "admin"

This will allow you to log any account created with the password admin.

If you can log in, then the problem is with 'DisuseDay' in the sql database.
This column is located in the accountDB for each account, you need to set this date to something far in the future as this is the date when the account is disabled.

You need to fix your account registration scripts, set the date to like "2030-12-12 00:00:00.000"

i already change the disuedate into 3000-12-12 but still i got unable to connect. anyway thank you for reply.

I already tried to login with admin password but still no luck

Reaction score
i already change the disuedate into 3000-12-12

No don't do that, date is too high, game freaks out because its 32bit.
See Year 2038 Problem:
Make it 1 day ahead of your current date to see if it lets you in.

If that doesn't work then def something dodgy with your sql.dll file or sql connection.
Does your website make accounts in the sql properly, or are you manually inputting em.
Generate fresh sql.dll file here , then edit it in hex change account_db to accountdb
Remember with that you must over write not delete/add to the file, so you must do the full path after accountdb until you come to the first 00 in hex

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No don't do that, date is too high, game freaks out because its 32bit.
See Year 2038 Problem:
Make it 1 day ahead of your current date to see if it lets you in.

If that doesn't work then def something dodgy with your sql.dll file or sql connection.
Does your website make accounts in the sql properly, or are you manually inputting em.
Generate fresh sql.dll file here , then edit it in hex change account_db to accountdb
Remember with that you must over write not delete/add to the file, so you must do the full path after accountdb until you come to the first 00 in hex

i putting it manually , by typing it then put 00 in the end which to remove S on the last letter

example:

this would be come SQLEXPRESSS on the last then i delete S on the last

Reaction score
You should 100% be using a website script to register accounts, so much safer than manually inputting...
Hit me up on discord if you wanna chat/teamview. I can show you the ropes.
Link in my sig.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should 100% be using a website script to register accounts, so much safer than manually inputting...
Hit me up on discord if you wanna chat/teamview. I can show you the ropes.
Link in my sig.

I format my computer. I will whisper you on discord once i put the server files and mPT exe

I got error

104057|pukay123's DB Error [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. SELECT userid,Passwd,GameCode,GPCode,RegistDay,DisuseDay,UsePeriod,Credit,SelectChk,EventChk,BlockChk,inuse,DelChk,ServerName,EditDay,RNo,SNo,Channel,BNum FROM accountdb.dbo.PGameUser WHERE userid='pukay123'104123|pukay123's DB Error [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. SELECT userid,Passwd,GameCode,GPCode,RegistDay,DisuseDay,UsePeriod,Credit,SelectChk,EventChk,BlockChk,inuse,DelChk,ServerName,EditDay,RNo,SNo,Channel,BNum FROM accountdb.dbo.PGameUser WHERE userid='pukay123

Fix this Problem Thanks To SunnyZ

Back