Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PristonTale+

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@ I tried opening the game by olly and worked regular
Now saving and opening the DLL without olly does not work ...
This indicates that the fault is in OS, not in anything any of us are doing. It may be worth looking at using "compatibility options" in Windows though.

Windows does not close an application because it crashed (protection fault) without creating a log. I know it used to display it in the message box and now it hides the logs in the System Event Log and C:\Windows\blah... for later distribution via the Solution Centers' "Look for solutions online" or Error Reporting Service, but they are still there, and developers should know how to find that information on their version of Windows, and make use of it. If you have a decent Development Suite installed, it may well insert a system wide JIT Debugger, and you can set your system to use Olly if you don't, or just use Visual Studio and it's crap. (unless you only ever get crashes in your own C++ / C# source and only in the debug versions you have symbol files for)

I guarantee you Microsoft don't do anything with it except create pie charts of 60% of faults are caused by memory access violations and 20% are illegal instruction operations. 80% are in network, and probably internet aware applications and 30% of those are web browsers... But only 5% of all crashes are because of Internet Explorer, and only 1% in the latest edition so... We win! Yay!"

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can't because you are doing it wrong... what is "push 59BDC000h"? Your string is at 1001C000.
I already explained how it need to look like in hex.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hm thank you
I see now I can understand haha

because with the source and Bellatra bc text is well readable, but with this mod through some texts are blurred? and not as sharp.

example of the realm, the text is very clear

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
because with the source and Bellatra bc text is well readable, but with this mod through some texts are blurred? and not as sharp.

example of the realm, the text is very clear

ScreenShoot would be useful here. I have no idea what you are trying to say...

UPDATE V5

PristonTalePlus_r5.7z

changes:

- in game menu for language/encoding/transliteration settings
- keyboard/mouse hook changed to SetWindowsHookEx
- new libiconv.dll compiled with --enable-extra-encodings option
- miscellaneous fixes

You can call menu using combination <L ATL> + <BACKSPACE> anywhere where you see text on the screen. Every change you make is changed on the fly, on your own eyes. No restart is needed. Once you hit "save" button!
It's useful if you are translating your client or simply you would like to see something other than gibberish when other people using different language.

Don't use Full Unicode encodings, they are there just for "fun" or who knows "future" ;)
Especially don't use UTF-32... your client will crash because of of buffer overflow.

And be sure you replaced your old libiconv.dll!!

Vormav - PristonTale+ - RaGEZONE Forums

Let me know what you think. I might add other options to the menu in the future.

PS. I also made PT+ V5 for official bPT and ePT with different hooking method (no longer proxy dll). This one will work with any Windows OS out of the box. Available only via PM.
So if you are playing official PT or you would just like to rip those ePT strings to translate your kPT client than PM now!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I think problem exist only in your client. Maybe you made some bad modification or maybe you did something to font itself.

I made SS with different resolutions, stretched/not stretched, windowed/full screen.
They are fine, see for yourself:

jDPZWOZ - PristonTale+ - RaGEZONE Forums

GmhuYSS - PristonTale+ - RaGEZONE Forums

gQRiB1a - PristonTale+ - RaGEZONE Forums

SjE7Aw0 - PristonTale+ - RaGEZONE Forums

AJuruH - PristonTale+ - RaGEZONE Forums

I have no problems whatsoever.

Attachments

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
UPDATE 5.1

Quick bug fix and little feature.

- added compatibility with ePT, bPT for translating skills descriptions
- fixed mouse click on menu

I changed code a little, before sometimes menu could register single click as double, moving your selection by 2 instead of 1.

Just download PristonTalePlus_r5.7z and replace game.dll with this one:

game_dll_v5_1.7z

About ePT, bPT translation description:
Those clients have checksum for skills description, because why not...

e.g. this is how you edit FS skill description in ePT, bPT based clients:
"0073dbb4" = "Delivers a powerful and fatal blow to the enemy"
# lstrcmpA [lpString1]

"032646c4" = "Delivers a powerful and fatal blow to the enemy"
# lstrcmpA [lpString2]

Both strings need to be exactly the same!
They should show up one after another in game.log so no problem!

Read this post to know what was changed:

ScreenShoot would be useful here. I have no idea what you are trying to say...

UPDATE V5

PristonTalePlus_r5.7z

changes:

- in game menu for language/encoding/transliteration settings
- keyboard/mouse hook changed to SetWindowsHookEx
- new libiconv.dll compiled with --enable-extra-encodings option
- miscellaneous fixes

You can call menu using combination <L ATL> + <BACKSPACE> anywhere where you see text on the screen. Every change you make is changed on the fly, on your own eyes. No restart is needed. Once you hit "save" button!
It's useful if you are translating your client or simply you would like to see something other than gibberish when other people using different language.

Don't use Full Unicode encodings, they are there just for "fun" or who knows "future" ;)
Especially don't use UTF-32... your client will crash because of of buffer overflow.

And be sure you replaced your old libiconv.dll!!

Let me know what you think. I might add other options to the menu in the future.

PS. I also made PT+ V5 for official bPT and ePT with different hooking method (no longer proxy dll). This one will work with any Windows OS out of the box. Available only via PM.
So if you are playing official PT or you would just like to rip those ePT strings to translate your kPT client than PM now!

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
...you don't know how to change your monitor resolution? <.<

Yes I know, but it is recommendable to solve
21" = 1600x900

perhaps my video buggy
because the images of the game are in trouble

ALL images are in with these edges

@@ SOLVED

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've never seen a gfx chip that natively produces a display resolution of 792x597, and I'm not surprised that that produces strange resampling artefacts.

Is it running in a window maximised on an 800x600 display, and the difference in dimensions is due to the window border? Don't ever do that. Never maximise or resize the initial window. That's why I disable all window controls except minimise and close when I create the wide-screen patch. ;)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Personally I never had any "bigger" issues like those on the picture. And I don't really like restricting window size because players still can do cool things with those controls. That's why I added settings to scale text, they can maximize window if they like but they can also scale text on X/Y axis to have "not stretched" text.
Yet still nothing is as good as using native PT resolution on your desktop and going "borderless windowed mode". Or just go full screen to have AA.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@SheenBR
I did?!?! Maybe my PM box is broken? Can you send me PM and confirm? Anyone else having problems with PMs from/to me?

Anyway I did it but I had to write everything myself =P
I'm still unsure how to create box where you can type text. Or maybe I'm creating one but it's on background :/

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
PT seems to create a hidden one (it's not attached to the DC, as far as I can see) then key press WMs fall to it, (nothing else is handling them and it's content is textout to the screen.

--- EDIT --- Oh, I forgot you like borderless. If you use constants for window border offsets, you get into trouble when users have different size fonts, or set a DPI other than 96DPI or change the border thickness for some other reason. (I always take the new "Border Padding" added in >= Vista down to 0 since it didn't exist before, and it only seems to duplicate and add to the "Border Width" which has always been there. (I can't see any difference between subtracting 4 from padding and adding 4 to width... looks identical)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When I thought about it I got to conclusion that I could get VK from KeyboardProc and render text in "my" text box wherever is "active" and key was pressed.

I checked different DPI settings and everything seams to stay the same. Well, I did not expected any problems. Mouse XY is calculated for client area only and when I switching between borderless and windowed I retake styles to check if anything was changed and than restore them when going back to window mode. Windows "decoration" was always odd too me.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Easiest way to check if its working with MPT is to try it :)
If .exe is packed than it will not work.

To use Chinese you need font that contain Chinese characters e.g. Arial Unicode MS
and "fromcode=" in game.ini need to be set to Chinese. You can do it in game <L ATL> + <BACKSPACE>.

If you are asking "how to translate it to Chinese" than everything is explained in 2nd post.

Back