Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PsTale (custom PristonTale launcher)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
NEW VERSION: PsTale_V2.7z

- hotuk.ini gui configuration
- "HotukIniTab=0" is now "DEVHotukIniTab=1"
- minor alignments
- minor code fixes

PsTale.exe
is a custom launcher created to replace old and impractical official launcher.

4xfL5 - PsTale (custom PristonTale launcher) - RaGEZONE Forums

8GIfi - PsTale (custom PristonTale launcher) - RaGEZONE Forums

ulbqO - PsTale (custom PristonTale launcher) - RaGEZONE Forums

ytRbe - PsTale (custom PristonTale launcher) - RaGEZONE Forums

SPqRW - PsTale (custom PristonTale launcher) - RaGEZONE Forums

lFfD5 - PsTale (custom PristonTale launcher) - RaGEZONE Forums

Installation:

- download PsTale_V2.7z (updated)

- extract "Client" folder content to your client so PsTale.exe and game.exe are in same directory

- extract Server content to you www root, if you don't have web server than extract it on disc e.g. C:\

Configuration:

- start PsTale.exe and go to "DEV Settings" tab:

+ if you don't have web server than under "Notice URL" type address of you notice.txt e.g. C:\PsTale\notice.txt

+ if you have web server than type address leading to your notice.txt e.g.

You can open notice.txt (don't use your own file, especially on linux or else you might lose
unicode characters (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ) with preferred text editor e.g. notepad, gedit:
Inside you will find notice text and server configuration:

- everything in <NOTICE>Your notice text here...</NOTICE> tags will be treated as text that will be displayed on front page of PsTale launcher

- <TEST_VERSION>3144b</TEST_VERSION> and <VERSION>3045</VERSION> tags are used to provide version for a client, you need both of them, if you don't use version or use only one version type than leave it empty, e.g.

<TEST_VERSION></TEST_VERSION>
<VERSION></VERSION>

or

<TEST_VERSION></TEST_VERSION>
<VERSION>3045</VERSION>

- <SERVER_NAME>DebianTale Server</SERVER_NAME> tags providing server name, they must be followed by:

- 3 server tags:

<SERVER1>192.168.56.101</SERVER1>
<SERVER2>192.168.56.101</SERVER2>
<SERVER3>192.168.56.101</SERVER3>

You can use <SERVER_NAME></SERVER_NAME> and <SERVER1></SERVER1>, <SERVER2></SERVER2>, <SERVER3></SERVER3> multiple times, always together

If you use only one IP, you can ether copy first IP or leave server2 and server3 empty. However I recommend to use same IP 3 times.

If you configured everything correctly then next time you open launcher you will see your notice and server list.

- in ".EXE name" text box type name of your PT executable without extension, usually "game"

- if you are using kPT or test kPT based client than under "Full screen key" you should select "WindowMode", everyone else should select "FullMode"

- if you are using test kPT based client than under "Game version key" you should select "TestVersion", everyone else should select "Normal"

- under "Game path" press GET button to get current path, optionally type your own path, its optional parameter

- "Account ID" is another optional parameter

- game version, server name and 3 server text boxes are going to be filled by server data that we selected, leave them alone...

- now we can configure "Settings" tab and "Macros" tab, PristonTale macros don't use space " " so don't type spaces, everything else is allowed, they are invoked by CTRL + F1~F10 combination in game

Restart PsTale launcher, if everything is configured correctly you should see your notice and server list.
If something is wrong error will popup.

Additional configuration:

In PsTale.ini under [PsTale] there are:

DEVSettingsTab=1
DEVHotukIniTab=1 (in version 1 it was HotukIniTab=0)

1 = show tab
0 or anything else = hide tab

If you are giving this client to "normal" users than you should remove those 2 lines from PsTale.ini, this will hide "DEV Settings" and "DEV hotuk.ini" tabs.

"hotuk.ini" tab is hidden in version 1, version 2 have have "DEV hotuk.ini" tab visible by default.

hotuk.ini configuration:

In "DEV hotuk.ini" tab you will find "keys", if you are using kPT or test kPT than all keys should be switched to "Korean text", everyone else (ePT, jPT, bPT... and so on) should use "Engish text".

"Admin mode key" is a key in hotuk.ini used to identify if hotuk.ini is meant for our client .
You can ADD up to 100 strings, you can also REMOVE them.

Right now in V2 there are 3 keys:
- 1st: current kPT and test kPT
- 2nd: current jPT
- 3rd: current ePT

Rest of configuration is self-explanatory.

Writing custom Notices:

I recommend WordPad (wine also have it), set font to "Microsoft Sans Serif", size to "7.8", line spacing 1.0.
This will give you +/- what you see in launcher notice window.
Don't save it as notice.txt, only copy text to notice.txt.

A4UPb - PsTale (custom PristonTale launcher) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Much needed, will make a lot of people happy. :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
VERSION 2 is OUT!!
You can find everything in post#1.

I added hotuk.ini configuration, cool thing about it is this:

SPqRW - PsTale (custom PristonTale launcher) - RaGEZONE Forums

It's a list of *.inx files in your char folder, its used to "dress up as a monster" or NPC or Player.
List is generated every time you start launcher but don't worry it's very fast.
Some .inx files can be bugged so do it on separate account! Your character need to be on lvl lover than 10 (because you get your first skill on lvl 10) and you can't have any armour or weapon on you!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I realize that this is an older post however I would like to know if you have any plans on releasing the source code for your excellent tool? I would be highly interested in taking a look. Thanks!

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
wow amazing work! thanks for the open release! where did you learn half this stuff? o_O

only issue i am having currently @Vormav if you can help.
My version of pt, for windowed mode uses the line "fullmode" where in your launcher it does not have the option to make that the command, I have tried to look into the source to change it but i can not find it.

Could you help with this at all?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Back