Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PT Server VM Image - Debian Sid

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Vormav - PT Server VM Image - Debian Sid - RaGEZONE Forums

This is release of fully working PristonTale server, configured and ready to use.

Download:

Code:
==================================================
Filename          : PristonTaleServer@Debian.7z
MD5               : a0de9ba60ee8f79269ca021e5098629c
SHA1              : 450b510f7886d52a5906bef20d4d16c102b451ae
CRC32             : ba0b11dd
File Size         : 1,559,729,835
==================================================

Features:

- Apache web server
- MySQL databases
- PHP clan system and simple "make account" page
- automatic SoD 2 score system, best clan is chosen every week (no additional tools needed, everything is php-mysql based)
- server is working on free, open source and cross-platform software, so you can use files from this release and build windows version
- and many more...

Password:

root, user account (pristontale), MySQL, Clan.dll, SQL.dll... all use same password "123456" (without quotations)

How to use it:

- install and import this vm image.

- check your settings, go to Network, "Adapter 1" should be set to NAT (so your server can use internet), "Adapter 2" should be set to Host-only Adapter

- on your windows machine add new hardware "VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter" and configure it

- start VM with server, you should be able to see your server now

- on windows open your web browser and type

- make your first account, ID and password can be max 24 char long and only in lower case no special characters, ID can't start from number

- if you made your account than I recommend you to start server4096K.exe from terminal or just go to GameServer folder (click "Places" in top left corner) and double click server4096K.exe

- on windows your ptReg.rgx need those lines:
Code:
"Server1" "192.168.56.101"
"Server2" "192.168.56.101"
"Server3" "192.168.56.101"

- you also need to edit game.exe and change every .asp to .php, here is also one .aspx that also need to be changed to .php

- if you don't know how to do it than download this client exe (run from kPT folder!)

- or download whole client compatible with this release:

[MIRROR]

- congratulations you should be able to login to your server now

Notice:

- on linux "things" are case sensitive!

e.g. MySQL: SELECT UserID FROM... IS NOT EQUAL SELECT userID FROM...
e.g. PHP: $day IS NOT EQUAL $DAY

How to make PT Server on Linux from scratch:

Debian Sid:

install (apt-get install):
- mysql-server
- mysql-client
- mysql-workbench
- apache2
- php5
- php5-mysql
- cabextract

install (dpkg -i *):
- wine ( ) (sid)
- winetrick ( ) (wheezy, sid version is bugged)
- install missing dependency (apt-get install -f)

run:
winecfg

wine regedit
- import registry file (MySQL.reg)

winetricks dotnet20 jet40 mdac28
winetricks vb6run (needed by MonsEditor)

download:
- myoledb-3.9.6.msi ( )
extract MyOleDB folder from myoledb-3.9.6.msi
copy MyOleDB to .wine/drive_c/Program Files

wine regsvr32 MyProv.dll (dll in MyOleDB folder)

start:
MySQL Workbench, import & run DB script

Copy server files to .wine/drive_c/PristonTale/GameServer
Copy SQL.dll/Clan.dll to .wine/drive_c/PristonTale/GameServer

Copy clan files to /var/www

wine server4096K.exe

make account:

How to make PT Server on Windows using Apache, MySQL and PHP:

COMING SOON...

DLL_MySQL_dump_reg_www.7z (100.8 KB)

http://forum.ragezone.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=99387&stc=1&d=1335992391

Is my backup. This is all you need to create PT that will work on Linux... well almost all ;)

Credits:

Me, Me, Me, Me, Me for making Clan.dll/SQL.dll MySQL compatible, rewriting Sandurr's ASP Clan files to PHP and adding auto SoD 2 score, rewriting and fixing MSSQL DB to MySQL, fixing many bugs in clan system and dlls and for making this release work on Linux

bobsobol for miscellaneous work

(⌐■_■)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Fantastic work Vormav!

I had a bit of an issue with something called PAE being disabled.
Found a solution on the net.
Settings > System > Processor
Then tick Enable PAE/NX

Works like a charm :D

Once again, you are a champion!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So you managed to bum it down to 1.5Gig. Cool!:thumbup1: I'm looking forward to this when I get home from my Hols. ;)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@SunnyZ

Thanks for info it might have something to do with OS/CPU. I heard people turning this on on vista.

I have win 7 / i7 cpu. What's yours?

From VB manual:

In addition, the "Enable PAE/NX" setting determines whether the PAE and NX capabilities of the host CPU will be exposed to the virtual machine. PAE stands for "Physical Address Extension". Normally, if enabled and supported by the operating system, then even a 32-bit x86 CPU can access more than 4 GB of RAM. This is made possible by adding another 4 bits to memory addresses, so that with 36 bits, up to 64 GB can be addressed. Some operating systems (such as Ubuntu Server) require PAE support from the CPU and cannot be run in a virtual machine without it.

@bobsobol

I can squeeze it even more and make Pendrive Priston Tale Server XD

And just a little notice:
to use MonsEditor.exe run from console (as pristontale user)

Code:
winetricks vb6run

O and I added small guide (to first post) how to install PT on debian sid from scrach.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i want to make love to you and have your babies!
can't wait to try this out.
Any heads up on what the files have instore or you going keep me waiting like a horny high school hottie?
p.s. had same problem as sunnyz

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I find this strange. When XP and 2003 where first released (if my memory still serves) DEP (Microsofts name for their implementation of NX) defaults to enabled, opt-in for XP where hardware support is available (P4 HT+ ?) and enabled, opt-out in 2k3 under the same circumstance. The feature was underdeveloped before service pack 1, and so badly bugged in SP1 that many peope disabled it. However, unlike Linux implementations of the time, it would work without hardware support. (all-be-it with limited capability) From SP2 onward, it is a stable and very effective feature which prevents many infection exploits.

I have always upgraded the PAE options in XP to the default of 2k3, and while I was happier to add opt-outs for programs on XP than on a 2k3 server I was still greatful of the exception generated by badly written programs, taking it as valuable information to me, as the system administrator. :D:

Unless you have all been running your XP since SP1, I can't imagine why it would be disabled. The only other time I see it turned off is in pirated slipstream copies of XP. I have always assumed they use process injection to break WGA protection, (a form of DRM) and such things are part of the specific exploitation PAE is designed to stop.
My understanding is that PAE (and the underlying hardware implementation which it leverages) is meant to prevent code injection via buffer-overrun. That process was (at the time) causing many insecurities in Web Servers and root-kit infiltration of home and office systems alike.

Papers I've read on the process suggest that passing web form posts with more data than the script engine can process would allow the data to overrun the buffer space and (the exploit hopes) run into the code area of the server (or it's script engine) where it should get executed at a later time! A similar thing can be acieved with web browsers, and at that time everyone was using IE6... almost without question.

It's part of my love of "diversity" that any of these exploits is much harder to implement and spread if you have to allow for the exact code and data alignment in memory of several browsers, web servers, or script engines... and any that you do not allow for will not fall pray to your attack. So in many ways, if it where possible to enable everyone to compile their own web browser, web server, OS and everything else with alignment and organisation of all features based on hardware unique to them... such exploits would be impossible. :D: I don't forsee such a day ever coming to pass.

The system employed by PAE enforces at the hardware level, by x86 instructions accessible only to the kernel (supervisor mode) that memory allocated to a process by the memory manager not as containing "code" should never be allowed to be pointed to by the instruction pointer register. (EIP) If any instruction tries to point EIP to such a memory address, a kernel level exception is forced. So rather than executing code in an overrun buffer, the kernel is called and must determine how to sort out the mess. Windows, with PAE enabled, will usually terminate the process free all it's memory and remove it from the active process list. It should make a system event log entry and may make a process debug dump. It may restart the process in a new, and clean memory context if the process was a system services, or told to do so by the Task Scheduler.
The reason XP defaults to opt-in, meaning that most user processes are not protected, unless their setup or the system administrator adds them to the opt-in list, is because many, many, many Windows 9x programs relied on the OS not honouring the execution bit of allocated memory. The OS, all system libraries, drivers and services will still be protected, they are automatically opted it. :wink: Our KPT servers relie on that too. :(:

In 2003 it is opt-out, meaning we have to add the PT server to the opt-out list or PAE will force it to crash when it breaks this law, because server programs are not usually built upon such "bad practices", and if any where, they should crash, bug reports be generated and responded to by their developers. :wink:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Rats!...
I'm sure it wasn't asking me to pay to download it when you first posted and I was away from home. :(:
Can someone host a free download, even if it's split files?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
New link:

I hope it will work; uploaded it in 5 min <_<
It look like have some strange policy; when link is "dead?" / "old?" they asking you for $$$. Not the first time I see something like this.

PS. I also updated link in first post.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is the best news ive had in a long time
UR a life saver!!!! Cant wait to try it out
Thanks for ur hard work and sharing with everyone

--- EDIT [bobsobol]---
"... and I'm [highlight]going to use the Like link on the first post[/highlight] rather than making a "thank you" post, just as [highlight]it says in [/highlight] and before SheenBR slaps me with an infraction." :wink:
---/EDIT ---

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Link Depositfiles Corrupted . i downloaded it two times but can't extract

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Extract with .
I will upload it again if still not working.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Phew... it's not just me then. XD (I guess I shoulda said sommat)

Anyone else getting:-
Code:
MD5: D8C42E95022A74EF75AD3CFB02DC7606
CRC32: F4E8CFCA
SHA-1: CCA0A8774CF6BFEC69E6D723A7DACA0EE060B6E4
Or is it just being random?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
OK, I reuploaded it on speedy.sh; replaced links in 1st post with this one:

...this should work; I hope.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I followed your instructions and everything setup with no problems (On Win 7 64bit) and I'm not getting any errors
When i run the Hotku (the server4096K.exe) it opens but never fully starts
i let it run for about 30 min and it still did nothing

Should I try this on my Win XP computer or am i just missing something?

Edit: Ok that part is working now
It just wont let me log in, ill try to figure that part out

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When i run the Hotku it opens but never fully starts

One does not simply use HotukMgr.exe

• - if you made your account than I recommend you to start server4096K.exe from terminal or just go to GameServer folder (click "Places" in top left corner) and double click server4096K.exe

To run it from terminal you need to click in top left corner: Applications > Accessories > Terminal
type: cd .wine/drive_c/PristonTale/GameServer/ [hit enter]
type: wine server4096K.exe [hit enter]

If you need HotukMgr.exe than rename server4096K.exe to server4096.exe (without "K")
If there are errors printed on Terminal than kill app or restart VM.
Also if works than there is not connection problem.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awesome work, took me forever to download it though from speedshare those server of them are slow, slow, very very slow! So to help you out I've made a mirror on my server :).

http download:

Torrent download after http download is removed after a few months.
[--- Edit ---] No torrent posts please! Ta, Bobsobol. [---/Edit ---]

I hope to support virtual images for server releases in this way ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Awesome... well for me that Speedy Share came in in less than 10mins, and the last one took 13hrs and was corrupt. I've never had a 1½Gig Torrent come in that quick.

Thanks for that !Working! link Vormav. I can't speak for yours' iain16, but thanks for adding it all the same. :D: FYI, we don't link to torrents, because we're not a torrent site. :wink:

Password:

root, user account (pristontale), MySQL, Clan.dll, SQL.dll... all use same password "123456" (without quotations)
Hmm. [strike]root isn't accepting "123456", so either that's not the right password, or[/strike] interactive login is disabled. Come on... you know I need it. :wink:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awesome... well for me that Speedy Share came in in less than 10mins, and the last one took 13hrs and was corrupt. I've never had a 1½Gig Torrent come in that quick.

Thanks for that !Working! link Vormav. I can't speak for yours' iain17, but thanks for adding it all the same. :D: FYI, we don't link to torrents, because we're not a torrent site. :wink:

Strange for some reason speedshare stayed max to ~500kb/s and when I download it from my server it goes with ~4 mb/s and isn't corrupt, o-well I'll keep it on for a few months ;D.
Won't post torrents anymore, even tough they are just p2p and yes most commonly used for piracy but that isn't the case.

again awesome work Vormav :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yea, Piracy is also a nono, but torrents are a separate issue.

I'll scratch my last ??? coz the password is right, and interactive root is disabled outside maintainence boot from GRUB. Sadly, I can't provide enough RAM to actually start the PT Server. I've discovered that a terminal and a browser window (is it dolphin?) is enough to cause GTK to give up on you... so no more mouse or keyboard input for you.

I need access to init and ps to get out of that, and "pristontale" isn't even allowed to sudo them... (no desktop root I can dig, but no sudo? What are Deb doing? That's what it's for!) So I can only use this VM from the recovery console as it stands, but that's my weak butt PC. How is anyone supposed to get by with a mere 3Gig of RAM these days. :lol: (I remember being totally satisfied with 48Kb RAM, and gloating that that was a whole 16K more than my friends C=)

Ahh well... Aptitude and I have some work to do. ^_^
"She will be mine... Oh yes. She will be mine."

Back