Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PT Server VM Image - Debian Sid

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@iain17

It look like your link is working now, I wonder how long it will last, last for ~2 weeks?

Uploading to takes me few hours but downloading only few minutes. When I uploaded on it took me 5 minutes but forever to download; not even mentioning that file got corrupted somehow.

@bobsobol

Torrents are like files with link to file, what's so special about them from law's point of view? ;)

- Server should work fine with 1 GB RAM (my default is 2 GB). You have 512 or something? <.< even PT server taking bit more than that. PS3 users are happy with 512 XD
- browser window? You mean nautilus?
- you need to add "pristontale" user to sudoers manually in debian
- don't cut too much or else WINE will stop working :) I updated mine to 1.5.4

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Torrents are like files with link to file, what's so special about them from law's point of view? ;)
Who said anything about "law"... the only law that concerns me here is MentaL. If he says we can spread wares here, I'm all up for it. If he says we aren't allowed to use the word "it" more than once in any two consecutive sentences, I will enforce that. (neither of these two examples are have ever been suggested by MentaL or his representatives BTW)

When the questions was last asked in the staff area the answer was roughly "No peer2peer links!" (as I recall, it was qualified with something along the lines of "even in private members only areas") That was strongly worded enough in my mind not to ask further, so the rest is just my own postulation.

My impression was that it had nothing to do with legality, and everything to do with site management. P2P can take over a website in very little time, and ensuring valid seeds for shares can easily become far more trouble than re-uploading the odd dead web-link. Users will often hold the site linking to the share responsible for keeping it current, (tracking) and I get the feeling that is generally not a direction RZ wants to go.

If one of the Supers / Visor+ want to correct me, that's fine by me. I'd be happy enough to have them listed. It's just a "whole other can 'o worms". ;)
- you need to add "pristontale" user to sudoers manually in debian
Cheers. :D: I'm used to having no root without "Single User Mode" from BSD... but since you need to know the root pass to su anyway, I think that's OTT.
- don't cut too much or else WINE will stop working :) I updated mine to 1.5.4
I'm quite confident that the Debian package system will prevent any breakage of interdependence... But I was actually thinking of dumping some of the background services (daemons) and such.

For myself, I'd quite like to go back to re-working the GUI-less server. On a Linux host that would actually mean (even with Wine, I believe) that you could run your server "headless", with no need to enable the graphics card or X-Server. ^_^ That would make me very happy. :D:

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When the questions was last asked in the staff area the answer was roughly "No peer2peer links!" (as I recall, it was qualified with something along the lines of "even in private members only areas") That was strongly worded enough in my mind not to ask further, so the rest is just my own postulation.

My impression was that it had nothing to do with legality, and everything to do with site management. P2P can take over a website in very little time, and ensuring valid seeds for shares can easily become far more trouble than re-uploading the odd dead web-link. Users will often hold the site linking to the share responsible for keeping it current, (tracking) and I get the feeling that is generally not a direction RZ wants to go.

I think this release is too small to have many seeds and in the end it will be faster to DL it from any upload server. I agree that you can poison torrent network but same way you can provide mirror with "bad" checksum. You will check your MD5 but what about others? Will they? There is some "taboo" about torrents files. I don't have any non-free soft in this release yet somehow torrent = piracy.
I agree that you can track users using torrents and I think its wise decision but still having an option is better than not having it.

Cheers. :D: I'm used to having no root without "Single User Mode" from BSD... but since you need to know the root pass to su anyway, I think that's OTT.

I prefer to switch to root when I need it ;0
You should not run wine as root. Wine can run your PT server but side effect is that viruses will also work :)
My wine configuration is in user folder so if you really need it on root than copy whole .wine to root folder.
But its not recommended!

I'm quite confident that the Debian package system will prevent any breakage of interdependence... But I was actually thinking of dumping some of the background services (daemons) and such.

For myself, I'd quite like to go back to re-working the GUI-less server. On a Linux host that would actually mean (even with Wine, I believe) that you could run your server "headless", with no need to enable the graphics card or X-Server. ^_^ That would make me very happy. :D:

There is not that much to cut off, I added most of packages to be user friendly.
You can rewrite PT gui to CMD, that would be awesome. I think that wine cmd.exe don't need X-Server.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Okay... the Torrent stuff is getting badly OT, so [highlight]I'll give notice that post content in this thread will be moved to the [/highlight]. Probably come the weekend.

Yes, I don't like to do anything other than system admin as root. But the point of sudo is that it is a temporary impersonation, like Windows RunAs. Which means root doesn't need to be a desktop user, but a single process with a terminal handle to my user desktop can have root authorisation. If I logged a root terminal to a remote server, it's going to share the same memory as programs other users are running their programs in. The Kernel knows what memory belongs to root and what belongs to me, only the standard io streams are shared communication. (Or, I guess, D-BUS if you su a GUI program)

IDK where it is now, but I did make and release an example server which was tagged as a Win32 Console application and produced all the normal window display to stdout. It still opened a window with the menu bad on it, but that was mostly just so you could quit. That part was extremely simple.

I've worked on it a little since, and can make the logging to stdout much more useful than the guff that gets put in the usual status GUI, and get rid of that last remaining menu with a thread watching stdin. Initially, I wanted some other message system, preferably the one NT Services take for Start, Pause, Restart, Stop, since that was my aim for dumping the GUI at that time. But I was also interested in getting it to make Growl / Snarl broadcasts. (you know, those handy but unobtrusive toaster pop-up things)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can someone be kind enough to post a link to the whole client on a free host ?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It is free host but I guess they changing info to "pay us" when they are deleting file ;)

I can reupload it; it will take 3h / 4h; but you can use your test kPT / kPT.
You have to copy char and Field folders from client to server, in game.exe using hex editor change all .asp (and one .aspx) to .php (for working clans) and change ptReg.rgx to:
"Server1" "192.168.56.101"
"Server2" "192.168.56.101"
"Server3" "192.168.56.101"

or whatever IP you are using for your server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can wait for a reup, I just want a client that works right out of the box :)
Thanks

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Here is fresh link for you,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its working fine now but I have a few questions.
Is it the most up to date server with all the monsters/maps/items ?
Is it possible to have it in english ?
By the way, great job, very easy to use :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nope, its most basic server with working clans, sod, automatic sod score and state of the art, Neverdown 2.0™ server technology from France. :)

You can use anyone server as long as my SQL.dll and Clan.dll are there and client have .php instead of .ase inside.
As for english version, you can look for bobsobol tutorials and releases, he has done a lot of for PT translation.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just searched for about half an hour and I can't find any up to date full server and client in english, can you show me where to find this ?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Only one place has what you specify. .

If you have looked everywhere, this should have been apparent from our . Frankly, I was surprised you even asked
Is it the most up to date server with all the monsters/maps/items ?
It is possible to 'translate it' into English. It is also possible to update it with all the maps, monsters and items in the official PT server Suba host. Many premium items will still operate differently, however. Also, by the time you have finished updating all the maps, monsters and items, they will have something else, and by the time you have added that, something else, and so on.

Do not expect miracles. These things take time, even if you are only trying to mimic something already designed.

Most developers here at RZ are more interested in developing something new, rather than copying the official servers and, at the very least *I* would rather they did because:-
  • it is more interesting as it shows the talent of the developer, rather than their ability to copy someone more talented.
  • our developments may be used by official Priston Tale servers, rather than compete with them directly.
  • *if* people choose to host servers sporting *our* developments†, they do not compete so directly with official servers.
  • there is no point at which our servers could be considered *better* than the official ones if they only provide the features in official servers.
  • our servers should never be as stable or secure as the official ones. (we may have some securities they do not and fix some bugs they have ... but by and large, they have the source to see and change security flaws more efficiently than we do)
  • we *should not* be in direct competition with official servers.‡

† This is not *officially* why we host server files. However, we *do* intend to be a public, non-exclusive resource which is available to all, and try to make our resources available to everyone on the web, even if they do not sign up and participate in developments. Therefore, we cannot accept responsibility for the actions of everyone with access to the internet.

‡ This may become a point of law which RaGEZONE will not [I believe] condone. Moreover, *I* would consider it a point of personal honour not to copy someone elses' exam paper, but I would offer the scientific community a paper in response to an existing published work if I had something I felt worth contributing. I tend to treat our hobby the same.
This attitude explains the majority of my responses to the developments people have shared here. Those which are least alike to anything else receive the most praise from me, as a person. (not as a member of RaGEZONE staff)

If you achieve a similar thing in a different way, that's different enough to be worthy of praise. If you come up with a new idea and it is well thought out, even if you cannot implement it, this is also worthy of praise. If you work out how to take code from official servers, or unpublished code from private servers, this is only credit worthy in terms of "the heist".

"Well done, you managed to pull of a robbery." :/: In some respects it *may* be a victimless crime, and may also provide another stepping-stone to help people produce more useful developments to official servers which are more relevant to their current state of play.

These "saving graces" are largely the only reasons I do not *personally* consider these releases as negatively as I would a new "cheat". Such "exploits" would not be permitted on RZ, BTW. Additionally, unless an exploits method is exposed with details of how a server may block such an attack, I see no benefit to anyone who cares about Priston Tale in producing them.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am not asking for a 100% up to date server and client.

I may look like a noob because I have just created my account on the forum but I am not.
I have been following everything since the first version of the server files and I already made my own server and kept it updated with all the newest maps,items and monsters up to ET2. About 3 years ago I lost all my files due to a hard drive failure and I kinda lost interest in PT too at the same time. Now I want to get back into it but I have alot of trouble finding all the stuff I had before.

All I want is a working english server and client that has the "most possible" stuff in it to get started.
A few years ago there was alot of files available in english but I can't find them anymore.

Sorry if I expressed myself in the wrong way.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I see. You are looking to replace lost work.

A few years ago, Suba had not diversified their client to the point where it is no longer compatible with the jPT server. (with a minor modification)

The official PT servers have now diversified too, so that ePT is no longer a couple of years behind kPT, but rather has some newer features, but not all, and also has some features which will likely never be in kPT. The same is true of the other language versions.

jPT and (before it closed) PTvn had many items which where never in the other PT clients.

pServers have extensively developed 3rd party maps, many of which will conflict if you try to add them *all*, and I believe we are starting to hit the maximum limit for items in the item list. This forces developers to make choices with regard to what sets of items and maps they include, rather than try to cram in everything.

So I will say again "latest" is a meaningless concept in PT, even from the point of "official" servers.

Prefixed with "English" it has some meaning, but will not produce many results. Most developers are looking to replicate the Brazilian clients features and language with (I think) more emphasis on PvP. They often use the Korean client to achieve this, because Hazit have also modified their client, such that it is difficult to make a reliable connection.

English speaking developments tend to be based on the kPT current, but translated into English and with private diversifications of varying kinds.

I doubt you will find a single "off the peg" pack which matches what you are looking for. But should be able to get back to where you left off if you search for the specific features you want.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
some people not have premuim account in speedyshare
i downloaded, zip not have problem.
i upload in 4shared for all.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You downloaded file without problem because I uploaded it on google drive :), they will vanish from 4shared after some time but they should stay on google drive forever since google offer 5GB storage for free.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They *may not* vanish from 4shared, if they are associated with a registered account. See for more, is it is going off-topic again. :wink:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i downloaded files in depositfiles... some people said: corrupted files when you will extract.
i downloaded, extract and test files, not have any problem. So i upload for some in 4shared to download.
With you have any problem, i can delet file and post, thanks.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No problem at all, mirrors are useful. There is always problem with big files and I hate uploading them by myself :)

Back