Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] PT Source 2012 (Visual Studio 2013) Fixed

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm... this is not my latest source correct? First of all, the source taht i have uploaded, is Visual Studio 2015 - Community Project no VS2012. As next remove the "()" in include for afxres. there is no file named "(afxres.h)" in your include folder. Maybe you should try a compiled project.

While compiling in Visual Studio, Serverdebug :
drz - [Release] PT Source 2012 (Visual Studio 2013) Fixed - RaGEZONE Forums

Compiling ClientDebug :

^And I did install Directx SDK

drz

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try to remove the git hash in you directory folder. I dont know, why your source is trying to link d3dx.lib Is it the current source and Visual Studio 2015 -Community?

Reaction score
Hi! :)

I'm for a problem... where the crystals attach to each other... Any idea where this might be in the code?
I have not found or where the control of the crystals is

drz

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Crystals are setup in OnServer.cpp.

The structures wich defines the crystals are

Finally they will assign to monsters at:

Hi! :)
I'm for a problem... where the crystals attach to each other... Any idea where this might be in the code?
I have not found or where the control of the crystals is

Reaction score
Panzer is working on source codes...

Look at github:
* Open issues:
* Closed issues:

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm facing issues while trying to compile.
I managed to solve some of them but I got stuck on this one:

Thanks.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
@SunnyZ,
I did.
Fixed: one of the additional dependencies was "d3dx.lib" so I changed it to: "Dependency\DirectX8\DXSDK\lib\d3dx.lib"

After compiling the client successfully, the client.exe is opened but all I see is a window white painted. Background music is working and also when I click enter I can hear the correct sounds.
Fixed: changed the screen size value to "1".

Last edited:
Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to implement a wide screen drawing?

Does someone has any hint about making the game widescreen? I managed to open the window in the choosen resolution by adding the resolution in the ptreg:
fileread.cpp

but the game itself doesnt renderize, it stays 4:3 with the black bars

i've been trying to fix it comparing with bobsobol's tutorial (http://forum.ragezone.com/f562/wide-screen-client-837391/) but I can't seem to fix it. Does anyone has a tip?

And here's some bugs that I found:
*Game randowly forgets to load some textures
*Clan system doesn't work
*Character doesn't hold his weapons like we was supposed to hold (like hold a sword like a bow) (change randowly)
*Some skills crashing client

Post link: http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/release-pt-source-2012-visual-1084275-post8683933/#post8683933

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
For anyone interested I have setup a VM in Oracle VirtualBox with these files edited by DRZ.

MEGA:
MediaFire:

You can get in game, kill monsters and what not.
Has a nice registration website with account manager.
Could not for the life of me get clans to work though, always get error 58 (no connection) so dunno what's happening there.

The game is trying to load Phatkone php clan files, so just install them and it should work!

Question: In what cases I should compile the code as a server? I'm editing the code and so far I compiled it as client only but I know that some files are apart of the server.

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
any time you change something, unless it is purely client sided change, you should recompile the server side.

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
Any idea why i cant level above 99 with this source code? Ive added levels in leveltable up to 141

if you're not tier 4 by level 99 it wont let you go to level 100.
at least, i know 100% thats the case on my server files, no idea why its like that though :/

Back