Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Sandurr's SMD Converter!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You mean Discreet Max 8 SDK? It's been defunct for many years now, I doubt there is much usable information about it. :(:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
Import work well but I have an error at 3ds launch with asciiexp.dle .
It seems there is file missing. Do you have same error:

DLL <.......\3ds Max 6\plugins\asciiexp.dle> failed to initialize
Error code: 126 - module not found

If someone can help, it would be great. Thanks in advance.

added 06/07/11:

smd convertor seems to work well with mobs but not for armors. Or maybe i done error for armors. Have you same error?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

added 06/07/11:

smd convertor seems to work well with mobs but not for armors. Or maybe i done error for armors. Have you same error?

I have this problem too.

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

added 06/07/11:

You need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 or above.

As for armours, you need to grab the smb files in tmabcd, find the correct one, and name it the same as the smd file.

IE armour.smd and armour.smb in same folder then use the smd converter.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actually, the only reason you need MSVCPP 2005 (and, newer will not work, I think... it must contain MSVC 7.1 debug runtime libraries) is because the prat who compiled the filter libraries built a "debug" executable, which obviously is not meant to be distributed, but only used "in house" until the bugs are cleaned and the binary built as "Release". (without dependence on the external debugging tools)

The versions of 3Ds Max SDK I have are not compatible with the sources kindly provided, or I'd compile a "Release" build that didn't need MSVCPP 7.1, since all the binaries of this filter on every 3D art and Game moding site seems to distribute the same executable. :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 or above.

As for armours, you need to grab the smb files in tmabcd, find the correct one, and name it the same as the smd file.

IE armour.smd and armour.smb in same folder then use the smd converter.

Interesting, because I have VS2008 and 2010 installed on my PC, and still does not work ...
I'll find here on the Internet and download the MSCPP2005...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
but you already had this tool, didnt you? You showed us pilai map in 3DS and claimed to have a similar tool...

Yes, and what is the problem, if I test the program's sandurr?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If memory serves, Panzer said his tool only does maps. Sandurrs tool has problems with some game meshes also, but if Panzer has some knowledge already then getting weapons to work in his tool may lead to the next break-through for him.

Good luck to you, and I hope some day you will feel confident enough to "share-alike" with us. I'm sure this is why Sandurr shared what he has done. :):

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
but you already had this tool, didnt you? You showed us pilai map in 3DS and claimed to have a similar tool...

The Phillia map was leaked by kpt, if I recall

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just want to test !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My program is working normal, not just because I have a program that does something similar, I get a lock, I can not test, and study the program he developed. :)

Staff member
Reaction score
It could be many things. Like that old thread bobsobol posted, leaked assets if I remember well.

It can be just a pure mistake from kPT, or jPT ie. :D:
Words dont prove anything, and I am not here to argue, so unless I see real proof, you still doesnt have the skills to do such a job. Peace.

High Society
Reaction score
Lolol, I just came here because it said SMD.

OT: This looks worthless to someone who knows what he's/she's doing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It could be many things. Like that old thread bobsobol posted, leaked assets if I remember well.

It can be just a pure mistake from kPT, or jPT ie. :D:
Words dont prove anything, and I am not here to argue, so unless I see real proof, you still doesnt have the skills to do such a job. Peace.

Peace for you too :)

Last edited:
Back