Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server Files EmpirePT

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did anyone manage to get npc/monsters to show? i cant seem to.

otherwise great files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry my bad english google translate.

I did everything right I can log into the game but WHEN will show the error of the character and the game closes Could anyone help me ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
did you apply the client patch? (link can be found on first page, i think 3rd or 4th post) without that patch u wont get far.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Make sure you have all the extra files that were released with this. Like sec.DLL, etc etc. Once that's done, the next step would be to hex edit working clan.DLL and SQL.DLL

Untimately you could skip this and use odbc but that will cause clan issues later on. Gregoos site has a generator for these files, but they never work properly for me. I used magics old SQl.DLL and clan.DLL and hexed them accordingly, and I could connect. These files are great, but I got no where with them because of the game.DLL source issue
What am I suppose to be editing in the SQL.DLL and clan.DLL files in order to connect to my server? When I select a character the client closes as soon as I am suppose to spawn in. Yes, I have added the patch files and the fixed sec.dll.

I can get the original MPT files Sunny has included to work, but when I try to connect to Empire I just a client crash

Had problems with dc after char select before, turns out that ricarten is named village-2-natal

This could also be my issue. What files am I needing to rename exactly and what to rename them to?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Been so many years. Forgot what I did.
If I remember correctly, I renamed the ricarten file name in the actual game exe. just searched for it in a hex editor and fixed the names so it's named normal. if still issues, try a different ricarten map, if the smd file is corrupted wil cause game to crash too.
Best thing to do is to delete the smd and load in the raw ase map file, so the game can generate a fresh smd file.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fixed. Renamed the needed files and logging in with no problems. Is there a GM command list somewheres?

Now the server is crashing when I open the warehouse or go near the ric skillmaster. All NPC's are showing up and monsters as well. Definitely buggy, any other files laying around worth using?

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
gm commands are in the FAQ section.
if crashing near a certain NPC its possible the NPC skin is bugged.

Back