Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fully working server in Virtual Box

Reaction score
Hmm I really have no idea what could be the problem.
I have never had this issue on any of my computers.
My friend just said he ended up reformatting his computer and it just worked fine after that...

On another note I have gotten SoD scoring system to work on this server with the help of a friend, so far it records individual player records, still needs some more testing, with multiple players in same clan to see if clan sod ranking works and if they get the sod crown.
The whole issue of sod scoring not working was sql.dll, had to get that to work (odbc connection, which is what I've used doesn't suffice), after that sod scores worked.

I'll find some time this weekend to write up a little tutorial.

If sod works completely, meaning clan sod ranking, sod crown displays in game etc, I'll re-release the server with all the extras added on.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for replying friend
I found it interesting that the SoD system congratulations on your initiative and your friend, I'll wait then relaunching the server. Meanwhile I will test on another pc, this week I will have to format the pc from a client and the client's PT experiment it, since the problem is on the client itself ..

have a great week friend
hugs

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks Sunny for the good new. I've been testing many times but still unsuccessful. I'm sure i follow all the steps and processes form this forum but useless. I am really fed up. Hope can see the full server with all features operated properly!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
good afternoon friend @ Owall would be interesting you mention what is happening there, that is the error that's in their attempts, because here I can put the server online with no problems, as I mentioned above I struggle with the client to get on the login screen have to open more than 30 times, but when I can just smoothly.

So friend tell us what is wrong there? hugs and a great weekend to you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just MY SoD scoring system, sod crown ..etc are not working try to it for few year but useless! Hope you guys can help me fix them up. Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all I want to say qeu this server is very good, something strange is happening to me anyone who can help thank you.

If I create a new account, no matter what char I created, log in to the city it disconnects from the server. Already with the admin account that does not happen, this error happening to anyone else? I believe that is not port, firewall, or anything like that because the admin enters normally, even if I create a new char it works 100% ...

just for the record I am running for admin.exe that came with the server

from already thank al the help

Check your hotuk.ini in your PT Server Folder and search;
*CONNECT_CLIENT_CODE
*CLSAFE_CODE
*DISCONNECT_CLIENT_BADCODE
*DISCONNECT_CLSAFE_CODE

Comment those lines by adding // before every line.

These lines are for security purposes and not necessary if you are developing a server in your localhost. You could search somewhere in the forum on how to make use these lines if you are going to host public PT server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ botjam
Dear friend, thank you for your answer and see yes, as I mentioned the server initially it will be for me and my friends play, even via hamachi (since it only supports 4 accounts) but I'm having a problem much worse than which answered me, if you know the solution thanks, I will not repeat not to give double post, this post 6 above your answer, if you can shed some light thanks.

Already have a great Sunday
hugs

______________Edited_____________________
@ botjam
I just checked, the lines that you commented this already with / preceding, anyway thanks for the help

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good evening friend SunnyZ appeared a question about this your server, to reach level 80 with my char, I noticed that the master skills have not enabled the quest for tier 5, using the command / expup I jumped to lvl 85, the quest "Cleric's Temple" found in front of the entrance to the Temple Cursed works perfectly, but that does not release the spells V, that your server does not have it?

take this opportunity to ask how I send items by itemdistributor.exe because I write the character's name (kitsune, for example) put the id of the item you want to send (or type in the name DA223 or Ruah Robe) put any message and the number of robe in case 1 and click add nothing happens

Would have some administrative site that I could be replaced which would facilitate the inclusion of items in inventories or if sending by distributor.

tried downloading a website right here on rage and paste as subfolder (even putting permição reading and writing, and creating alias) he le, only the page that came with the server.

from already thank you for attention and sorry for the noob here

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Tier 5 isn't implemented directly in any release here that I'm aware of. Do you mean Tier 4, or are you looking for "pennies from heaven"?

Item Distributor usually works as you've described, if it's in the right folder, but it's just as easy to edit the text file in the users postbox. It's entirely possible to script this to a webpage, but I don't know the web admin releases well enough to know which, if any, implement that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tier 5 isn't implemented directly in any release here that I'm aware of. Do you mean Tier 4, or are you looking for "pennies from heaven"?

Item Distributor usually works as you've described, if it's in the right folder, but it's just as easy to edit the text file in the users postbox. It's entirely possible to script this to a webpage, but I don't know the web admin releases well enough to know which, if any, implement that.

@ bobsobol

thank you to have answered about tier5 had already suspicious, but ask not offend right? kkkkkkk, since the quest 8x+ were active.

itemdistributor.exe on it is own server in the folder (from what I read in the forums about server pt is it even should be)

Well who can further help the other issues mentioned above, thank you.

A great week everyone

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ItemDistributor.exe should be in the same location as server .exe. (whatever yours is called)

Format for the file is like so:-
xora9Q - Fully working server in Virtual Box - RaGEZONE Forums
bobsobol.dat
Code:
Noobie wa101 1 "Gratz"
Manually, you can add more lines, and each will be delivered in order. The ItemDistributor.exe is not capable of doing that.

So it's a file called "PostBox\[PlayerCode]\[PlayerName].dat" with lines [CharacterName] [ItemCode] [Spec] "[Message]"

IMS, PlayerCode is all characters of the players UserID XORed together? (I've got it written down somewhere, but that's off the top of my head)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
friend bobsobol, grateful for the response, sending manual worked perfectly, now only missing someone shed some light on the rest of the questions, thank you so much.

Leveraging come to ask you something else, I see the sites of several packages Priston "combo" with stones and potions agging expup, someone would know their code? or potion expup.

grateful

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Exp pots work client side for the most part. Getting it to time out is a server side thing though. I don't think we've got an exposé on how to make that server mod, but we have some releases which do it, and most do not.

I can't see "rest of questions" I've not answered to some extent. If you're talking about web site stuff, I think most people here would just tell you to write your own. There are releases, but I don't think any of the people here work on anyone elses. They are purely release and leech. (sad to say) Leeches don't know what they do or how they work, and releasers developed them for themselves and never look back after releasing... coz nobody ever gives a decent bug report or asks any interesting question, or requests a feature. If the add features, they keep them to them self. :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Got :-( seen what you have explained it is too difficult, and living and learning, I'll be semrpe eye on the forums, if I can find some functional let post here (with due credit to the creator obviu). Sincerely ai friend

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
everything works fine until i try to launch admin.exe which systematically crash.
I followed the steps exactly like the video.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
everything works fine until i try to launch admin.exe which systematically crash.
I followed the steps exactly like the video.

If your windows 7 or for other than xp, try this uqe below because I'm able to open the admin.exe follows

1) Right-click on it and choose "Troubleshoot compatibility"
2) After "trying recommended solution"
3) In the next window instead of clicking on "Start the program" lets you to open and run admin.exe direct folder

Note: Can not be done in this Attachment but in admin.exe inside the folder of the PT client ..

this was the only way that me and my friend can use the client ..

hope it works there and hopefully also have helped with this tip ...
still awaiting a final solution on this problem, if I find the forum post here

hugs

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I now can log and reach the page where to choose server but can't reach the char selection page.
Ty for help btw

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've still got issues with the client aswell, compatability changes make it even worse.

I get up to logging in and select server PT-Server, then it attempts to load the character selection screen but freezes. About two minutes later its back on the server selection screen.

Any ideas? ( Windows 8 )

EDIT FIXED:

I've edited the IP's listed in the hotuk.ini in the server root folder. To my IP's and it solved the issue.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey there at first thank you all especially sunny and bobsobol for having those great tutorials and helping reply's.

My server works now and im reall happy with this because im already trying to have my own server for about 5 years.
I only have 1 problem my game won't save.
And I'm having hard time to find GM commands that work but thats not the big problem the major problem is the save problem.
I hope someone could help me with this.

Thanks alot and see you all!!

EDIT----
I think i found the problem i made myself level 150 with editor but server files only go to 99,
now i made myself lvl up by doing the expup command and now it saves :), thanks myself xD

But anyone knows working and all commands?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hey SunnyZ im getting an error when i try to import the virtualbox,
this is the error and i got no idea what to do.
"Failed to import appliance C:/Users/Cameron/Desktop/files/PT-Server.ova.Could not create the clone medium 'E:\PT-Server-disk1.vmdk'.
VMDK: could not create new file 'E:\PT-Server-disk1.vmdk' (VERR_IO_NOT_READY).
Result Code: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
Component: Appliance
Interface: IAppliance {3059cf9e-25c7-4f0b-9fa5-3c42e441670b}"

Back