Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fully working server in Virtual Box

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, I've got it going, now i'm having "Establishing connection" then unable to connect.. servers up, and i changed the IP in the sky folder.. hmm

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Okay, I've got it going, now i'm having "Establishing connection" then unable to connect.. servers up, and i changed the IP in the sky folder.. hmm

Try removing SQL.dll if you have it in server files and make sure ports are forwarded.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I Have 3 questions (but quickly ones)

*Do anyone knows how can i edit the Exp Table of this server files?
(these "exp_editors" work in this server? If so, theres some post that download link still active?)

Cuz i notice that it was fully changed, and i wanna hold back it to normal exp (like official pts).

*I also wanna bring back the normal appearance of the cities that had changed.
Which, in case, nothing was really "changed", only added some (f*ck) stuffs above them.
Theres any way to "remove" it or must i do map replace?

*Lastly (but not of all T_T), how can i remove or change the start up message in chat when char is just logged?
(Those who says: "Welcome to MisteryPT" "Boss Time XX:44!")

Thanks and Sorry.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I Have 3 questions (but quickly ones)

*Do anyone knows how can i edit the Exp Table of this server files?
(these "exp_editors" work in this server? If so, theres some post that download link still active?)

Cuz i notice that it was fully changed, and i wanna hold back it to normal exp (like official pts).

*I also wanna bring back the normal appearance of the cities that had changed.
Which, in case, nothing was really "changed", only added some (f*ck) stuffs above them.
Theres any way to "remove" it or must i do map replace?

*Lastly (but not of all T_T), how can i remove or change the start up message in chat when char is just logged?
(Those who says: "Welcome to MisteryPT" "Boss Time XX:44!")

Thanks and Sorry.

1. How to change EXP Rate?, Well the only way i could do this was just use EXP up event in hotuk.ini or edit the game.exe and find the exp table in ollydbg..

2. To Bring back Normal Appearance find a client with the original files of ric / phil and copy and paste Field > Ricarten / Philai

3. To Remove the startup message "Welcome to MysteryPT" "Bosstime XX:XX!", Open Game.exe up in HEX Editor of your choice and CTRL + F search for Welcome to MysteryPT and you will find the place to change that.

Hope this helped if not detailed enough ask again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
"2" and "3" questions are ok. Thanks.

But for the "1":

*I've already changed the /event_expup in hotuk.
(I wanted to reduce exp rate, but i realized that the lvling up was still high)
The exp table (yes, the exp necessary to lvl up for each lvl) is, for me, so messed up and i really want to set each values on my own.
Im learning Olly... but even i cant say if i'll be able to find the offsets and do the properly changes.
I didnt found tutorial about, and afraid that offsets could be somewhere else in this game.exe.

Thanks n Sorry.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The experience table will have been edited because the servers we use cannot support levels as high as official servers if the amount of Exp to gain those levels is so high. (well, they could, but it's more work than it's worth)

Instead, we make it harder to get Exp so that the numbers actually mean something to high level players.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The experience table will have been edited because the servers we use cannot support levels as high as official servers if the amount of Exp to gain those levels is so high. (well, they could, but it's more work than it's worth)

Instead, we make it harder to get Exp so that the numbers actually mean something to high level players.

And why not? :blink:

Its not a simple matter of values?

I guessed low exp needed and high lvling up was the real problem instead the inverse...
(DC, Game/Server protection, etc...)
i don't got it...

Servers we use didnt came from an "oficial one"? (at least the settings?)
Which had normal exp table?

I just wanna to get my idea of set the exp table regardless of the current level. (but around the average values of official servers).

Any possibility?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
And why not? :blink:

Its not a simple matter of values?
That's massively naive. If you store max level 60 in a 16-bit variable to 65535, and then you add up to level 120, what would you set Exp to?

If you have the C source code to both the client and the server, you can change the variable type to a 32-bit value, and recompile. 1000 lines of assembler will be altered, packet sizes will change, and functions will be pushed into new locations to fit the increased boundary sizes. But what-ever, you just changed one line of the source code, and rebuilt it right?

Now, consider our position where we do not have the source code. You wanna do all that by hand?
Servers we use didnt came from an "oficial one"? (at least the settings?)
Which had normal exp table?
Yup. Max level, at that time, was 70. The level value was stored in a twos-complement signed byte, meaning it couldn't store more than level 127, because (in 8-bit twos compliment) 127 + 1 = -128. :p

The experience is stored, some places as a 32-bit unsigned integer (max experience 42,94,967,295) and in other places as a 64-bit signed value. (max experience 9,223,372,036,854,775,807) The situation with the latter is the same as the 8-bit example with levels. If you add one to that value, it becomes maximum negative value.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone knows how to get the ice mine weapons to work correct?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The ice weapons u dont know them they are in ice mine

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys! now sunnyz server are working pretty good for me and my brother. now i wonder some things. 1.what launcher do a regular player need? to join the server? 2. the drops and the xp doesnt work at all, when i kill somthing i wont get any drops or xp :/ 3. and is there any kind of mixing list for this server? thx

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1. None. Who needs a launcher. I never used one, even on official server.
2. Wrong client. Wrong packet encode?
3. Nope... but you should be able to read it in the code.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey guys! now sunnyz server are working pretty good for me and my brother. now i wonder some things. 1.what launcher do a regular player need? to join the server? 2. the drops and the xp doesnt work at all, when i kill somthing i wont get any drops or xp :/ 3. and is there any kind of mixing list for this server? thx

I think sunnyz posted a mixing list on Mpt files release under pristontale releases it only has a few mixes if I'm right.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i dont understand what u mean bob :/ but what do regular players need to log in to the server? not as an admin? and i dont find the mixing list...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
A lot of work from you to develop this into a server suitable for players. It's here for people to "play" with being a server admin, not to allow people to open a million and one servers for players.

In all honest, this release is ideal for people who are thinking of setting up a PT server, so they can find their way around the admin stuff and see how a PT server works when it's set up right. Then you get another release and set up a VM of your own. You know when you've got it configured right because you know how it should work from what you've seen this one do. Then you develop that one to have the features you want, and get beta testers to try to hack it and cheat and so on until it's secure. Finally, you purchase hosting and transport your VM onto that hosting to open to the public.

I wouldn't open this server to players until you understand every modification applied to MPT over a Vanilla build, and are confident there is no additional code in either the server or the client which you don't understand why it was added and what it does. Hence why I would make my own VM with my own modifications from a very basic release, rather than try to work from this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
bob, iam really a noob at this. but i love the game and i just whant to play with some friends. that is why iam here. to get some help! iam not thinking of starting the biggest server in history. i wanna do it for fun! and do u know how i can Place shops? like a morhp in gm room? there is some stuffs i really need help with! so please help me with this! so i mabey some day can teach other guys who whants to make a server!

Reaction score
i dont understand what u mean bob :/ but what do regular players need to log in to the server? not as an admin? and i dont find the mixing list...

Mix list I posted here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/mpt-server-client-admin-files-875876/#post7226491
Or = Ordo
Be = Bellum
En = Enigma
In = Inferna
Mi = Mirage
Ce = Celesto
De = Devine
Mu = Murky
Ra = Raident
Tr = Transparo
Fa = Fadeo
Sp = Sparky
Lu = Lucidy

To login normally, without admin enabled just delete/rename "LocalPT.ini" inside the savedata folder of your client.
To change IP to connect to edit it in "a.rgx" inside the sky folder.
To allow other people to connect you must put your WAN ip after *GAME_SERVER in the hotuk.ini settings file, then forward the correct ports to your server computer.

As bob said, even this release where every thing is practically done for you, is not really meant for newbies to start up their and have it up and running for other people to play on day one.

You still need to learn A LOT if you want to edit things, and customise the server to your liking, allow other people to play etc.

I don't mean to sound rude, but if you are asking how to add NPC's to a map, it is clear that you have not even bothered to search for how to do it first, there are guides on how to do those things all over the place.

Just look/search first.
These forums are a treasure trove of valuable information, you just have to search and you will find.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
To allow other people to connect you must put your WAN ip after *GAME_SERVER in the hotuk.ini settings file, then forward the correct ports to your server computer.
I'm not sure, with the settings recommended in the OP, but I set the emulated guest NIC to act on my local NAT, (ie. it gets it's IP from my router) so that I can use the LAN IP in hotuk.ini, and on the clients. This way, we can all log in at my house, but my server isn't open to the internet.

This is a good use for this release. The problem with opening it to the internet is that there is no real security, and if you leave it up, open the appropriate port in your router and such, you're home network is likely to be hacked very quickly. I just don't recommend doing that if you're not comfortable with a more "hands on" approach to setting up the server in the first place.

Another option, is to create a VPN (Virtual Private Network) and use the servers IP on that. Many people do this with other game servers, if only to avoid being too public and getting closed down. The popular choice is usually , although it's had some bad press recently. The "pro" option would be , but I've recently had some good results from .

This option does hammer your bandwidth, because of the salted encryption, and it's not great for processor performance either. Definitely not a good option for a server open to the public. But it's safer than opening your home PC directly to the web, and fun for a few friends, if you can't all be in the same building. ^_^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank u so mutch for the answers sunnuz, it really helped me alot. and i have searched alot about priston tale stuffs. i love this and i whant to learn. i can understand for u pros that it is kind of annoying when somone like me asks for help, i must sound pretty retarded. but thx agian<3 but about the npc, i dont mean monsters. i mean like ricarten npc. how do i Place a warehouse keeper in blessed castle for example? And do you know what to do about the xp and drop?

Last edited:
Back