Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fully working server in Virtual Box

Reaction score
SunnyZ which the descriptions of that server?
what has already configured it? level? maps? and etc.

I believe SunnyZ has already stated that he isn't an authority on the content of the server. It's not his work, all he did was encapsulate it in a Virtual Machine to save other people the effort of setting it up and getting it working.

Sunny, can we have a link to the thread of the server you used? I'm not sure which one it was now. Thanks. :)

The server I used was Magic PT server.
Indeed I had nothing to do with the development of it, I juts released it.

Original MPT server post is here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/mpt-server-client-admin-files-875876/
I really have no idea of its features, however if you rad through the pages you can find most of the features posted by other RZ members, and admins commands etc.

However this setup can support "ANY" server you want to throw in it, the only thing that matter is the SQL server config, and ODBC, which many people do not understand.

You can throw any server.exe file in and it should function fine with the appropriate client.
I have gotten ept, kpt, bpt and many other servers to work fine with this setup.

All share the same sql setup, so all work fine.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi,i have a question.how can i use "game.exe" to start this game?
i don't want to use "Admin.exe" to start the game,because when i creat a new account,i must add this account in "hotuk.ini",i don't want like this.

when i run "game.exe",it is nothing happen.
if i run "PeTale.exe",it show me "Unable to connect to server".

what can i do?

thanks!

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Replace the server. This one is locked so that non-admins can only log on when it is fixed at the original IP.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Replace the server. This one is locked so that non-admins can only log on when it is fixed at the original IP.

thanks,
do you have any unlocked server? or where can i find it?
thanks again!!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If you have any further troubles or problems, feel free to ask here. Enjoy![/QUOTE] Might one inquire as to how to change the ptReg.rgx file ? I am using notepad ++ but when I attempt to save the changes....I am getting an error stating "Please check to see if file is open in another program". I have changed the hotuk.ini to current lan IPS......do we need to change the ldata as well ? I tried using a simple ptReg.rgx.txt file....but....yeah...that doesn't work. So...exactly how does one get the MysteryPT client to connect to this release? ..not a simple 10 minute setup after all... well....maybe it would be...if one had all the information necessary for client / server connection...

Reaction score
Admin.exe uses a.rgx as its settings file, it inside the sky folder inside the main MysteryPT folder.
Admin.exe can be used as a non-admin client, you just have to remove/rename LocalPT.ini from the savedata folder inside the main MysteryPT folder.

Might one inquire as to how to change the ptReg.rgx file ? I am using notepad ++ but when I attempt to save the changes....I am getting an error stating "Please check to see if file is open in another program". I have changed the hotuk.ini to current lan IPS......do we need to change the ldata as well ? I tried using a simple ptReg.rgx.txt file....but....yeah...that doesn't work. So...exactly how does one get the MysteryPT client to connect to this release? ..not a simple 10 minute setup after all... well....maybe it would be...if one had all the information necessary for client / server connection...

If you watched the video you would know exactly how to do this.
It is at the 4:50 mark.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Admin.exe uses a.rgx as its settings file, it inside the sky folder inside the main MysteryPT folder. Admin.exe can be used as a non-admin client, you just have to remove/rename LocalPT.ini from the savedata folder inside the main MysteryPT folder. If you watched the video you would know exactly how to do this. It is at the 4:50 mark.
Are you semi-sight impaired...or "if you read my question(s)...you would know exactly what problem I'm having with this release"... As stated " Using notepad++ (and notepad) the ptReg.rgx will not save when edited. Using notepad++ I can see IPs which should be edited...but it refuses to save changes. Is there an rgx editor ? Built-in register page is also not functioning. It creates the account, but the client reports "wrong ID/or wrong password" at every attempt of log in other than : admin / admin [Edit] I was able to get the client to connect.....the client crashed three times....but, on the forth go...it did connect. Now...it is the irritating issue with the register page.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
thank you very much!
this is what i want.
look forward to your new work.^_^

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
do you have any unlocked server? or where can i find it?
Any of the other releases here. I think only Magic/Mystic PT are locked this way.
when I attempt to save the changes....I am getting an error stating "Please check to see if file is open in another program".
Don't try to save changes to a file which is open in another program. Files open for writing are "locked" from being changed by any other program, though they are usually allowed to "read" the file. If you are unaware of any other program which should be using that file (launcher?) then you could try Dr.Hoibys' extension, or just reboot and save the file before anything has had a chance to look at it.

Any file which is locked before you've even got to the desktop is usually a sign of infection... but it could also be UAC? (ie. If you've foolishly installed the PT client in Program Files or Program Files (x86) or Windows or Windows\System32 or in the root of the system drive... etc. then you may need to "elevate the token" of Notepad++ to have any "rights" to change it :wink:)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Happy to report , the server is running and functioning precisely as described. Is it just my imagination, or have the mobs gotten ...tougher ? (It has been quite awhile since I last played PT..)

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
There has been considerable rebalancing done by all servers, private and official. The "balance" (learning / levelling curve, for the most part, in PT) has been done slightly differently on each. With your own server, you are now free to balance the game as you see fit. \o/ :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Will the Internet to make friends outside the network registration. Should be how to set? Currently registered within the local area network no problem., And clan system is the same, can only be used within local area network.

Reaction score
Well yeah, this isn't really meant for a public server. Was just thrown together so you could play around on it and test stuff by yourself.
Other people can connect but either you or them will have limited functionality (ie either you will have clans, or they will, can't be both ways).

You must have a router/modem that supports port forwarding, forward ports 80 and 10009.
Then you need to add in another game server to the servers hotuk settings file.
One for you to connect to (LAN IP) and another one for other people to connect to (WAN IP)
Then you either must set clan server to your LAN IP or WAN IP.

It's fiddly, but doable.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do with hamachi.install hamachi in vmbox and client.then connect.it's will be fast just like normal.btw.i just wanna ask you guys.if you guys have some tutorial about add anti hack.bc i wanna open free server with hamachi.but i dont know how to anti hack.my server just fun.Tks guys.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer.
These are my settings.
But still can not make the CLAN system to normal use. And can not be registered.
An error code 58 when I tap CLAN NPC.
未命名111 - Fully working server in Virtual Box - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello Dudes, everyone is asking and I am seeing no answer at all. Everything is OK, except for Admin.exe which is crashing everytime when it is started.
What must be done to solve this crashing ?
Everthing about compatibility is alredy done, so what now ?
Answer please, and if you don't know, answer too and avoid maddening thyself with the samest questions.
I appreciate further responses.
And sorry for the ignorance.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Do not open this "test" server to the internet! That's not how it's meant to be used.

Anti-Hack is not necessary because all players must be defined as admin / GM users... that resolves the Admin.exe crash BTW.

You can invite uses to join your LAN via Hamachi or other VPN, sure, that's no problem. They will ALL be GMs / Admins. That's not a problem because [highlight]this server is only for testing and developing[/highlight].

A serious, on-line server will not use these server files, and will not work in a VM. It will run natively on an OS installed purely for PT server, and a machine whose only function is to act as a server for Priston Tale. That is when catching cheaters becomes important, but discussion of that elsewhere is considerable, and discussion here is pretty much [highlight]off-topic[/highlight]. ^_^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi i got this working and thx :)

but when i test the game there is no quests how do i enable them?

Reaction score
SUnnyz please help me fast! me and my friend played over hamachi and then i turned off the server, next day i get this error
SunnyZ - Fully working server in Virtual Box - RaGEZONE Forums
what shouuld i do? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back