Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Basic code for mounts in param

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, I hope someone can help me out with this

What's the basic code of mounts in the param? The only thing I know is that EffectID1 is for the monster ID but what about the codes for the movement, I haven't got a single mount that moves but their mesh and dds works

Thanks

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
OMG heterojeneo if you dont know the answer, dont answer.
@Elyrb: as you said iEffect1Param1 is for the MOB ID then:

iEffect2Param1 = ID for STD animation state
iEffect2Param2 = ID for RUN animation state
sEventID = is for the speed you want for the mount ( the max speed you can use is 12, more than that will disconnect players from server and server will report them as speed hack)
byteReserve3= have to be 1 (I really dont know what is the use of it)
iCoolDownTime = have to be -1 and sSkillCastingTimeRate in 100.

those are for the Item worksheet at param.

For the Monster worksheet, you have to put 0 in columns:
15 to 19 and 22 to 101 those columns are for normal mobs attack, drop, etc, you dont need them for Mounts. what I do is just to copy the line of the mob 3668 which is the mob used for the orange tiger mount and paste it in a new line changing the ID for the new ID.

The ID for the animations states are in ClientRes/PCStateAnim worksheet, you can make new animations if the existing ones does not work well for the mount you are adding. Those states controls which anim will chars do when mounting.

Regards

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Speed not is modificated in any xml hahaha lol.

I dont know which version of client or server you have, but in mine (5.2) the speed is controlled in the xml file on the column sEventID, and if you have a server you can test it by using /stat ID when mounting and you will see the speed you have.

BTW im not like you that answer w/o knowledge, if i dont know the answer i just keep quiet or I just say I dont know.

My advise for you is: test it first before saying anything, because if you say some that is not true soon or later you will lose credibility.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
no is correct. Although you change the speed in xml the speed in the game of your mount will remain the same so it is not modified in xml.

You still need to learn friend.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
no is correct. Although you change the speed in xml the speed in the game of your mount will remain the same so it is not modified in xml.
You still need to learn friend.

As I said on k5.2, server controls the speed of the mount by the sEventID column, if yours does not means that you are not under k5.2 version.

If you want a video that proves what I said, I will do it with all my pleasure, just to prove that the one who needs to learn a lot is you not me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OMG heterojeneo if you dont know the answer, dont answer.
@Elyrb: as you said iEffect1Param1 is for the MOB ID then:

iEffect2Param1 = ID for STD animation state
iEffect2Param2 = ID for RUN animation state
sEventID = is for the speed you want for the mount ( the max speed you can use is 12, more than that will disconnect players from server and server will report them as speed hack)
byteReserve3= have to be 1 (I really dont know what is the use of it)
iCoolDownTime = have to be -1 and sSkillCastingTimeRate in 100.

those are for the Item worksheet at param.

For the Monster worksheet, you have to put 0 in columns:
15 to 19 and 22 to 101 those columns are for normal mobs attack, drop, etc, you dont need them for Mounts. what I do is just to copy the line of the mob 3668 which is the mob used for the orange tiger mount and paste it in a new line changing the ID for the new ID.

The ID for the animations states are in ClientRes/PCStateAnim worksheet, you can make new animations if the existing ones does not work well for the mount you are adding. Those states controls which anim will chars do when mounting.

Regards

OMFG

Thank you so much, now it works

Every setting was correct except for sEventID which was set to 0, I changed it to 4 and now my mounts are moving

Thank you so much :)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
4 is too slow for a mount, the basic value I use for the lower one is 10 and for the faster 12.

considering that the basic speed of a char is 5, if you put 4 then you are lowering the char speed while using a Mount instead of speed it up. Test it with the GM command /stat ID where id is your char id, if you have the development client, that ID will appear on the same line of your char name, if you dont have that client, then open the zone log and find the first line where your account appear followed by sta then your IP and then you will see user:X where X is your char ID, so unmount and use the command, a margenta message will appear on the chat, find Mv: and that will be your current char speed, then use the mount and use the command again and see what Mv: contains.

Im wondering what will heterojeneo say now that you confirmed that I was right and he was wrong :eek:tt:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not taking sides but what you said is true, there is no other explanation, everything was correct except my sEventID was 0, when I changed it to 4 all of my mounts were moving (really slow)

I changed it to 12 now, and they're pretty much like a normal mount :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Eliana. I remember to have read something about byteReserve3 in the sources, is to tell the zone to save or not record the item in the logs 1 = on, 0 = off. I'm not sure, so you can try it.

Sorry for my English, regards.

Upvote 0
Back