Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Chatturanga Portal on HTSSettings

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, any idea where the Chatturanga Portal is on HTSSettings?

I cant find it, I've checked the entire HTSSettings, I thought it was just like Karya Dungeon where it is easy to change its location just by changing its coordinate on the TaskList Tab and match it with the NPCGener.txt

For Chatturanga though, I cant find it, I wanted to move it for starters since what I really want is to create more portals like this and add my own features along with it, The NPCGener is the only place I can see where the Chatturanga Portal coordinates are of course when I change it nothing happens.

Any help? TIA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
xD no jbeitz107 they are not hard coded on the zone.exe (at least not the one iElyrb is asking for and what he is asking*), they are declare in the same file where you declare the assets that the zone will rendered (that is for client side) and for server side most be declare on the NPCGener (both must match on the coords and the portal ID, if you want to avoid the "unable to move" message)

I have to add that there are 2 kinds of portals, ones are mobs (like the portal for karya dungeon or kali room as example, and other are assets ( for example moving from mandara to Shambala and so on, the above paragraph is about these ones) in some cases, zone have hardcode what the portal does for example on the mandara one that teleports to krumas, is the server who decide where you will be teleported depending on your lvl,etc)

* when i said they are not hardcode i mean its declaration, some of them as mentioned can have a code on the zone, that controls where you will be teleported, but where they will be rendered in the game is not hardcode, its render depends on that file and on the declaration of the Portal Tab in tantraparam. The job of the portal tab on tantraparam is for showing the locations that your char can go by using the portal, the fees, lvl etc, and the other file job is to render the window when you click on the coords. the link between that file and the Portal tab on tantraparam is the portal ID.

BTW happy new year to every one

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I see, I get it now thank you.

But my problem is still in place, it seems my problem is I wanna change the location of where the Chatturanga portal will *spawn*. When I changed the coordinates of it on NPCGener.txt I expected the Chatturanga Portal to spawn on my desired location, however it didn't and when I teleport to Chatturanga from Kruma, I get a message saying "Unable to move" when I put it back to it's normal location I can teleport without a problem.

On Karya Dungeon when I changed the location of it on HTSSettings it will spawn elsewhere, when I teleport I get the "unable to move" message, so I changed the coordinates of it on NPCGener.txt to match with the HTSSettings coordinate, TaskList tab to be specific I can then teleport without a problem AND I have changed the location of Karya Dungeon portal to lets say, the Big Tree inside Mandara Village.

Am I missing anything? the Portal tab on Param controls "WHERE YOU WILL BE TELEPORTED" which you clarified, thanks again. But it does not control where the portal will spawn/pop.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I see, I get it now thank you.

But my problem is still in place, it seems my problem is I wanna change the location of where the Chatturanga portal will *spawn*. When I changed the coordinates of it on NPCGener.txt I expected the Chatturanga Portal to spawn on my desired location, however it didn't and when I teleport to Chatturanga from Kruma, I get a message saying "Unable to move" when I put it back to it's normal location I can teleport without a problem.

On Karya Dungeon when I changed the location of it on HTSSettings it will spawn elsewhere, when I teleport I get the "unable to move" message, so I changed the coordinates of it on NPCGener.txt to match with the HTSSettings coordinate, TaskList tab to be specific I can then teleport without a problem AND I have changed the location of Karya Dungeon portal to lets say, the Big Tree inside Mandara Village.

Am I missing anything? the Portal tab on Param controls "WHERE YOU WILL BE TELEPORTED" which you clarified, thanks again. But it does not control where the portal will spawn/pop.

You didn't understand my post.

For chaturanga portal: If you want to change "where the portal window will spawn", you need to change the record of the portal on the file in charge of assets in the map/zone.

to avoid the "unable to move" the NPCGener must have the portal declaration with the same coords.

And let me explain to you another thing: you said that "by changing the portal on NPCGener.txt you expected the portal to spawn in the new coords", NPCGener is only server side, it is not Client side, and for your knowledge: every thing rendered on CLIENT, is Client Side xD.
NPCGener portal declarations, is for Server (Zone) be able to check if the position of the char is near the portal location. so lets say that you just chance NPCGener portal, and put coords 300,300, but you didn't change the portal on the Client side, it's location is 700,700, so when Server checks your char position (700,700) againts the location Server have for the portal (300,300) your Client gets a response of "unable to move", because the locations don't match or are not enough near each other (Server gives a range, I don't remember how much is that range).

about Karya portal: if you read again my first post, you will find that I said: there are 2 kind of portals (MOBS and ASSETS). You was successful, because Karya Portal is a MOB, it is not an ASSET on the map as Chaturanga portal is. So because is a mob, it have a mobID, so you can even summon it with the /summon command, thing that you cannot do with assets.

BTW, I'm using wrong the word asset, because asset include everything inside a game, but i'm used to call asset things like:Environments, UI, scripts, audio.. and not the characters, mobs, npcs, even they are assets too xD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You didn't understand my post.

For chaturanga portal: If you want to change "where the portal window will spawn", you need to change the record of the portal on the file in charge of assets in the map/zone.

to avoid the "unable to move" the NPCGener must have the portal declaration with the same coords.

And let me explain to you another thing: you said that "by changing the portal on NPCGener.txt you expected the portal to spawn in the new coords", NPCGener is only server side, it is not Client side, and for your knowledge: every thing rendered on CLIENT, is Client Side xD.
NPCGener portal declarations, is for Server (Zone) be able to check if the position of the char is near the portal location. so lets say that you just chance NPCGener portal, and put coords 300,300, but you didn't change the portal on the Client side, it's location is 700,700, so when Server checks your char position (700,700) againts the location Server have for the portal (300,300) your Client gets a response of "unable to move", because the locations don't match or are not enough near each other (Server gives a range, I don't remember how much is that range).

about Karya portal: if you read again my first post, you will find that I said: there are 2 kind of portals (MOBS and ASSETS). You was successful, because Karya Portal is a MOB, it is not an ASSET on the map as Chaturanga portal is. So because is a mob, it have a mobID, so you can even summon it with the /summon command, thing that you cannot do with assets.

BTW, I'm using wrong the word asset, because asset include everything inside a game, but i'm used to call asset things like:Environments, UI, scripts, audio.. and not the characters, mobs, npcs, even they are assets too xD.
Oh, that makes sense as to why it works on Karya Dungeon portal and not Chatturanga Portal I thought they were the same haha.
I guess the file I am looking for is on the resource>map folder then, thanks I'll look into it :D

Upvote 0
Back