Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

gamelogin.php issue

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any idea how gamelogin.php actually works?

I tried messing around with it, modifying stuff and etc but i didn't notice the most basic and most important job of it.

It's the login feature

From what I know, it will call the HTMessage.txl from the HTLauncher to produce results

0 = Login
1 = Incorrect Password
2 = User ID Does not exist

and so on

I traced everything back and it is supposed to work fine, on the website the login works fine but on the client the result is "Incorrect Password" even though the password is correct/matched.

I even tried doing md5 and matched the user entry, converted it to md5 so it will match the md5 format of the SQL Database, on the website the result is "0" which means it is supposed to log in, but when I enter it on the client, the result is "Incorrect Password"

Any idea guys?

I'd love to share what I did on gamelogin.php but at the moment, I cant since the main feature is not even working.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Check the top of your serverlist.txt file for the client. And yes most of us are aware what the login does within the client. //0 is good, 1 = password incorrect, 2 = Not Activated/Not Exist, 3 = account suspended etc...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
0 3
IP PORT
IP PORT
IP PORT
IP PORT

My problem is that even when all my credentials are correct, HTLauncher still doesn't let me login (Incorrect Password)

Thanks for the response though :)

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
try 0 6. the other thing is that you may want to make sure that the ports are truly opened for the server. test them with an online free port scanner if necessary.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
0 6 works fine as it bypasses the gamelogin, but what if I put my servers live? 0 6 is too risky.
Ports are opened on 3001-3050,80,443 and dbsrv for GM Tool

Also tested the SQL Queries of gamelogin PHP on my local DB and seems to work just fine, tested everything with var_dump(), also fine.

I guess I have to study OllyDbg for this right?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That means there is either something wrong with your HTMessage or your gamelogin.php. You will have to go through them once again.

Thanks for the response, so I did, I downloaded and used Khanakat's XML, Client, Server Files and GameLogin.php

It still says Incorrect password even if it's correct, so I had to use 0 6 on the serverlist(client) in order for me to login any account.

I'm out of ideas

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I know this is a bit late but, did you use your ip.ip.ip.ip/gamelogin.php or did you use the website link? Just a thought that may happen to some is the link may take sometime to update. If you use the IP address for your htmessage, it will update that much quicker and this is why many do it that way. Also make sure that you have the correct values to connect to your SQL Server in the gamelogin.php file. The best way to check is to go to your gamelogin.php?user_id=test&user_pass=test in your browser. You can validate everything that way. And check to make sure that your script for blocking sql injections isn't the problem. For a test just make a php script that will validate your account without the database. Basically if your name and password = something and something in php without connection to the dbase server. This is the easiest way to debug your gamelogin.php file.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thats true the problem it's only from gamelogin.php and your SQL Server.. make sure you have correct calling script your gamelogin.php for database SQL Server connection

Upvote 0
Back