Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP] Sorry connection to server has failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
Serverlist.txt all edited
Admin.txt. all edited
LocalIP.txt all edited

edited = all change to my Local IP and tried " 0 0 1 " & " 0 6 " on the first line in each Zone's Serverlist.txt.

I also edited my HTMessage.xml

but this error still persist. I know I must have missed some things but I am out of idea already and I already search everywhere and applied their suggestions but no luck. Any idea brothers?

<---Spanish---> (via )

Serverlist.txt all editado
Admin.txt. all editado
LocalIP.txt all editado

editado= todo cambio en mi Local IP y trató " 0 0 1 " & " 0 6 " en la primera línea en cada Zone's Serverlist.txt.

También he editado mi HTMessage.xml

pero aún persiste este error. Sé que debe haber perdido algunas cosas, pero estoy fuera de la idea ya y ya me busco por todas partes y apliqué sus sugerencias, pero sin suerte. Cualquier hermanos idea?

REMOVED

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
make sure that you already config all the ip's both Updater.exe and Htlauncher.exe

;)

and also gamelogin make sure you already config the settings .

explore2x more things and you will be rewarded .. :))

there a lot's of thread here ..

i think all resources here would be your guide ..

sorry for my bad english :)

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
make sure that you already config all the ip's both Updater.exe and Htlauncher.exe

;)

and also gamelogin make sure you already config the settings .

explore2x more things and you will be rewarded .. :))

there a lot's of thread here ..

i think all resources here would be your guide ..

sorry for my bad english :)

I already update my HTLauncher (v. 6.9.0.6) but unfortunately I dont have the Updater.exe in my Tantra Client (Tantra PH Client).

Let me know your thoughts please

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
Please guys I humbly come and posted in here for your kind help. I already done my research since I posted this thread and come up with nothing. Just let me know what you need from me (screenshots) so we can easily get into the vintage point.

Ciao!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its a long shot, but try allowing it 1) throught the firewall and 2) If your using a dedicated server allow the server through the DEP - Data Execution Provention

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
Its a long shot, but try allowing it 1) throught the firewall and 2) If your using a dedicated server allow the server through the DEP - Data Execution Provention

Hi Kallyana thanks for your attention for this matter but unfortunately the problem still persists after placing the said application to the exclusion list. I even turned my firewall and anti-virus off while doing some testing.

Vo2yx4O - [HELP] Sorry connection to server has failed. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well you can also try the DEP option

1. Access the control panel
2. Select 'system'
3. Select 'advanced system settings'
4. Under 'performance' select 'settings'
5. Select 'data execution prevention' tab

Then find and allow the main server through the DEP

Not sure if it will work, But you could also look at your ODBC settings, (Never really set up a Tantra server but the DB states all seem simlar to that of KalOnline) could be a DB connection issue.

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
Well you can also try the DEP option

1. Access the control panel
2. Select 'system'
3. Select 'advanced system settings'
4. Under 'performance' select 'settings'
5. Select 'data execution prevention' tab

Then find and allow the main server through the DEP

Not sure if it will work, But you could also look at your ODBC settings, (Never really set up a Tantra server but the DB states all seem simlar to that of KalOnline) could be a DB connection issue.

Yeah I was thinking that it could be a ODBC misconfiguration on my part. Honestly my fingers are really tired now searching everywhere on how to fix this issue lol and tried several remedies (base upon reading). Anyways I will try the DEP Option too.

Really thanks!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well im a bit of an MSSQL expert so yeah defo check the ODBC settings, also give your databases a quick check over make sure they are not bugged. If your unsure make a back up and try a different set of databases, your DB server could be slightly different then your databases (we see alot of that in other sections) so try changing your DB only as a last resort ;)

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
Well im a bit of an MSSQL expert so yeah defo check the ODBC settings, also give your databases a quick check over make sure they are not bugged. If your unsure make a back up and try a different set of databases, your DB server could be slightly different then your databases (we see alot of that in other sections) so try changing your DB only as a last resort ;)

Unfortunately DEP Option didnt work will check my ODBC connections but I already check them a lot of time but it seems everything worked fine because I have tested the connections it always succeed. Sorry for the so much attention from you Kallyana. I know there are others out there who knows the solution very well I guess I have to wait for them to carry out the helping hand.

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hey hun I try n help out WHEREEVER and WHENEVER I can :) cos I know peeps would do the same for me :p .. dnt look at the green name... I'm just a regular forum user like yourself :p and but bless ya :p any MSSQL issues just give me a shout, might be an actual DB issue. Things like this usually crop up and its something so simple that you would kick yourself when you figure it out ;)

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
Hmmm I might share to you the webpage files and the back up MSSQL files (credits to all who shared it for free) so you can try it out yourself. What do you think?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can add it to my test server, i run a home dedi for my Termina Online test server, You guys are making me wanna set up a Tantra server so i can check it all out :p Im not much of a php wiz but i know a few people who are. my peronal MSSQL preference is MSSQL 2005 with the 2005 enterprise manager... alot have upgraded to 2012 or 2008 depending on which MSSQL version you use, usually depends on if the DB's will work or not, or work properly....

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
Tantra Online is a very old game but just for the love of the game I came to the point that I should make my own Tantra Server (why not right?). Anyways, here are the files

Webpage -
SQL Tables -

Also, if you are successful with this and decided to run your own server count me in please I will be most glad to be part of your team. But first we must make these things work. I know I am almost there but things really happening not in our terms and besides why hurry right? Everything is free and all we need to do is patiently search and have faith that someone will help us no matter how long they will respond.

Ciao!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tyvm, well all the sections I mod I have experiance with 3 of them :) always looking to lrean new things so I can help peeps out in the sections that I do mod (also theres exciting stuff outside of this section peepies! xD <--- I try tell the Kal section peeps that but they never listen) Also You guys are one of the most pleasurable sections i've met :D Lets see how Tantra can change me!

Reaction score
Remember to add the IP you used in Admin.txt, and open both zone 1 and 6 if you want to try the game within the same pc for test purposes. Also, open the ports you used for each zone you want to open like 3001 3002 and so on. 3001 is used in Zone 1 which is the Mandara map, well you can change that if you want too. And edit also the file which is the HTMessage, and add the IP you use in your serverfiles.

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
tyvm, well all the sections I mod I have experiance with 3 of them :) always looking to lrean new things so I can help peeps out in the sections that I do mod (also theres exciting stuff outside of this section peepies! xD <--- I try tell the Kal section peeps that but they never listen) Also You guys are one of the most pleasurable sections i've met :D Lets see how Tantra can change me!

Beware: Tantra is an addictive game lol.

Remember to add the IP you used in Admin.txt, and open both zone 1 and 6 if you want to try the game within the same pc for test purposes. Also, open the ports you used for each zone you want to open like 3001 3002 and so on. 3001 is used in Zone 1 which is the Mandara map, well you can change that if you want too. And edit also the file which is the HTMessage, and add the IP you use in your serverfiles.

Thanks for your prompt attention Shichibukai. I think there no problem with my ports because there are no error with I open these

mdkF1s6 - [HELP] Sorry connection to server has failed. - RaGEZONE Forums

What KyleMarvin and Terrified observed is that my htsmessage.txl, tantraparam (server and client), website login, and serverlist.bin did not connect to each other I did look throughout this forum but I have no luck looking for the answers on how to successfully connect them.

Attachments

Reaction score
Even though there are no errors when you open those. There are Operating systems that requires you to open a port for the specific program you use. If you are using Win7 , Win 2008 r2 , 2003 etc except xp you are required to open the ports to be able to use each map. In your serverfiles serverlist , dont add 0 1 or 03 etc, use that one in your client only. HTMessage.txl should be connected to your gamelogin.

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
@Shichibukai

Again sorry for dragging your attention to this issue and I appreciate your kind assistance. You might want to look at this infos.

Website Registration

T2v0DYj - [HELP] Sorry connection to server has failed. - RaGEZONE Forums

M3Ojpux - [HELP] Sorry connection to server has failed. - RaGEZONE Forums

Account successfully forwarded to my MS SQL Server

7rDQtv - [HELP] Sorry connection to server has failed. - RaGEZONE Forums

Website Login (using the newly registered account)

YWwuoSu - [HELP] Sorry connection to server has failed. - RaGEZONE Forums

Edited/hexed HTLauncher.exe (version 6.9.0.6)

lPkD7Y5 - [HELP] Sorry connection to server has failed. - RaGEZONE Forums

Client's Serverlist.txt

kOqVsYy - [HELP] Sorry connection to server has failed. - RaGEZONE Forums

Server's Serverlist.txt. Also my Admin.txt and LocalIP.txt both have my Local IP address (192.168.254.100)

7uNsrS - [HELP] Sorry connection to server has failed. - RaGEZONE Forums

HTMessage.xml converted to HTMessage.txl (using the link provided by @Terrified http://forum.ragezone.com/f787/tantra-newbie-developers-984649/index8.html) and pasted it in the system folder of my client's folder

ERYyUZz - [HELP] Sorry connection to server has failed. - RaGEZONE Forums

Tell me what did I missed and what's lacking please..because at the moment I have this error..

REMOVED

..the worst thing is that I can login any account without even registering it first :(

Issues I have so far are:

- When registering there is no .TAD file created
- I can login to the game even with or without registering an account.
- Stuck at server selection screen.

Server files used posted by @pher14344 http://forum.ragezone.com/f786/free-k6-version-6-9-a-940565
Client file posted @heterojeneo http://forum.ragezone.com/f786/k5-server-files-liberated-forever-883482/

So after few days of escalating I found the culprit of this miserable "Sorry connection.." error. So to start on how to fix this issue first we go to this optional procedures (optional because I didn't know if this procedure fix the issue or not. I just happened to dig in here before I successfully connected to the game and create my own character.) Anyways if you have tried to transfer/change your server files to another directory you must delete the old once that pass through your Windows Firewall - Go to Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Inbound Rules

OJlsfB0 - [HELP] Sorry connection to server has failed. - RaGEZONE Forums

Base on the image as you can see the inbound rules are clean no more unecessary directories. Before, this portion here is quite messed up because I frequently change the directories of my server files that is why it made my computer think that I used different application well infact its all the same. The only difference is that they are on different directories. So for this I have to say that you must be organized with your files.

Next is the "correct' database as what @Kallyanna suggested that ODBC is most likely the issue. So what I did was, since I use WebZoneGamerz's webpage (link provided in one of my post here) file I have to match its Php content to my database tables. Thankfully, as I came across to a certain section/thread here, I found a certain forum user who managed to share the correct database tables for WebZoneGamerz (link provided in one of my post here). Hence I deleted my current database tables and attach those new files I downloaded and then created ODBC connections (BILL_CONN, Tantra, UserLogin) in both User DSN & System DSN under SQL Server.

To create ODBC Connection Go to Start > Control Panel > Administraive Tools > Data Sources (ODBC)

Lastly, I escalated again my server files and saw this unusual file named "cmd.cmd". I opened it through Notedpad++ and saw this interesting directories of which I think I missed to implement and modify. So I modified it accordingly to match the directory of my Server files and save the changes and opened it and it gave me this unusual drives

gqy80b9 - [HELP] Sorry connection to server has failed. - RaGEZONE Forums

So once again to complete the process. Open DBSRV.exe > MSGSRV.exe > item_server.exe > SQLDAEMON.exe > ZONE01.exe > ZONE06.exe > Open XAMPP Control Panel and Start Apache. > Open Star HTLauncher.bat (reference and thanks to @Terrified)

REMOVED

REMOVED

REMOVED

REMOVED

Open now for questions :p

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back