Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

play tantra offline... need a bit help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello,

I was just wondering how I could play tantra offline?

I have copy of server files and read/watch some tutorials but things are still fuzzy to me..

Furthermore I had install MSQL 2012 in my PC, was wondering if its compatible with tantra files (every tutorial that I read uses SQL 2005 or maybe its just an old video)

after following the instructions, I could log in into the game using the account that I created but I could not see the server..( Im stuck in the server selection)

appreciate any help

tnx

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
hi NerdMucho! i just wanted to clarify something... i have installed a k4 without any trouble. i was in trouble with k3 but i manage to mount the server and share with my friends. first please show some screen shots so we can help you evaluate. then please provide us information that we know how you did it. or better download the k4 server and client at sami's website (use google).

if you wanted to mount a k5 server, you will need to read carefully and understand everything. if you haven't understand the releases, tutorials in this forum, you probably not doing anything yet.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
HellO thanks for your replies.. here is the screen shot

NerdMucho - play tantra offline... need a bit help - RaGEZONE Forums

im stuck here...

pls help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
edit your htsmessage.txl sir its all there ^_^

I see.. Can you tell how to edit this sir...

I havent read any tutorial in editing the file.. doesnt work with notepad either..

thank you

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
hmm. i can write the steps here, but it has been discussed over and over several times since 2008. in all areas of tantra online. i don't think it is necessary. you need to read and search sir. if you are too lazy to do it, maybe you can ask ryandzzz if he is willing to make one for you according to your server details. ^_^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Than you edit htsmessage.txl, you better make new one. Search for htsmessage.xml or htsmessage.xls and the converter. Edit by using ms excel. Its easy. Search in tantra release.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello, I had able to download a xml2txl converter however it can only convert tantraparam.xml ..

I could bot find the htsmessage.xls in the search box..

Really sorry too Newbie here..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can use xml2txl converter. It will convert xml only, not xls.

Open the converter, look at the button "Message". Click then choose file htsmessage.xml. Done.

Make sure your ip client and ip server, it's not different.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Highly appreciate your responses

at this point I manage to make the server appear but still can get into the game.

here is the SS:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello NerdMucho.

Further help will depend on which version of server you are running ?? I.E. K3 Server, K4, K5, K6...

K3 is not too much bother as you only need to edit the launcher to enter server. all versions how ever need careful editing to make sure the clients match the server and vice verser.

You will need to make sure that the sql is installed and the dbs added work properly, tip also check that ODBC for dbs is set up correctly and that you enter a name and password during setup, this will be the 1 you want to use for the 3 dbs access i.e. TantraGM 123456.

on the server side you will need to edit correctly all local ips and servelist. txt for the ip address you will be using itemserver will need the same and be added to all Zone servers. Zone servers ip address all have to be set the same as well.

For client you will need as a minimum to change the ip address list to you serverlist exactly. you will also need to change the tpa files to match the server, also ht message and clientres txl.
HT launcher will need ip and paths to your web login. SStantra will need ips and paths changed for your server ip and paths to patch data and .dats. Back up your XML files and edit the copys all the info to change the game or add and remove stuff ingame is in these files, it will need much patience and time to edit them. converters then change the xmls to txl files for client.

as to the above screen shot go over all ip paths in client,db, and zones to make sure they are correct.

check all paths in php files for correct paths to folder i.e. paths must lead to the drive and path of server/dbsrv/account.

if all is correct you should be able to login on the server or pc running he k4,k5 etc if k5 and above you will need to open the server to the public, before other pcs can connect.

check , check , and check all edits to make sure everything is correct.

regards alan110

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello NerdMucho.

Further help will depend on which version of server you are running ?? I.E. K3 Server, K4, K5, K6...

K3 is not too much bother as you only need to edit the launcher to enter server. all versions how ever need careful editing to make sure the clients match the server and vice verser.

You will need to make sure that the sql is installed and the dbs added work properly, tip also check that ODBC for dbs is set up correctly and that you enter a name and password during setup, this will be the 1 you want to use for the 3 dbs access i.e. TantraGM 123456.

on the server side you will need to edit correctly all local ips and servelist. txt for the ip address you will be using itemserver will need the same and be added to all Zone servers. Zone servers ip address all have to be set the same as well.

For client you will need as a minimum to change the ip address list to you serverlist exactly. you will also need to change the tpa files to match the server, also ht message and clientres txl.
HT launcher will need ip and paths to your web login. SStantra will need ips and paths changed for your server ip and paths to patch data and .dats. Back up your XML files and edit the copys all the info to change the game or add and remove stuff ingame is in these files, it will need much patience and time to edit them. converters then change the xmls to txl files for client.

as to the above screen shot go over all ip paths in client,db, and zones to make sure they are correct.

check all paths in php files for correct paths to folder i.e. paths must lead to the drive and path of server/dbsrv/account.

if all is correct you should be able to login on the server or pc running he k4,k5 etc if k5 and above you will need to open the server to the public, before other pcs can connect.

check , check , and check all edits to make sure everything is correct.

regards alan110

Hello Sir Alan,

Thank you for your reply, Yes I am using K6 Server and TantrafR for my client.. As you had said.. I still need alot of editing..
I will keep posted on my progress..
thank you again..

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
you're good to go!

check your web server, can you login?
check your odbc can you browse the user you've created
check your Tantra.exe or Update.exe which ever you are using or STTantra.exe if you can update or check files.
check your htlauncher.exe is it the same version as the server zone?

check everything connecting from client to server.

The SQL Database User should contain the tblAccount and should hold the data you entered from the web and must have the same userID as in the DBSRV/Account folder

then check if your serverlist.txt starts with
0 1
0 1 127.0.0.0 1000

or whatever ip you are using. it should be the same in htmessage.txl line 302 to 307 excelpt line 306

check if your serverlist.txt is the same as client serverlist.txt

from then on, i have nothing else to share. i am also stuck at waisya. so my ranking isn't good. but i can play.

Highly appreciate your responses

at this point I manage to make the server appear but still can get into the game.

here is the SS:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
#alan110

hi sir, i followed your instruction, and the files.. still the same.. im stucked in server selection. after i clicked nothing happen.

btw, i use k6, and sql 2008 r2.

hope some one have encounter this and know how to fix.. thanks.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
your lucky you reach up do there.. can i piggy back on this post sir ? i had these ss with me i dont know what is really wrong.. i followed what is in the tutorial downloaded and put everything in one folder.. but i think its still not in the right directories i guess :(

if i will be able to do it, iwill be happy to share it to every one, not tutorial but instead the organized one and ready to play game folder...:)

Back