Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Zone.exe Auto closes

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can somebody help me? My Zone.exe Auto closes.

The last thing that i've done is changing my HTScript.sys And that begins the auto-quiting of the Zone.exe but when i use my old HTScript.sys the Zone.exe works. Im currently fixing the title issue. And they told me to fix it using the HTScript. And my friend gave me a working HTScript of him. but when i tried using it into mine. ~_~ Is it the compatibility?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They can be fixed, as I have already fixed them for another server. The key is the file I posted in another thread, the problem is that you need to encrypt it back to match the encryption used by your version.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They can be fixed, as I have already fixed them for another server. The key is the file I posted in another thread, the problem is that you need to encrypt it back to match the encryption used by your version.

Okay you said i'll use the hex editor. So i am going to open my ZONE.EXE with the hex editor. Then which part should I edit sir? To make it encypted? :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@dTantra - Small question. Is this for the client or the server?

The file in the previous thread goes in either, depending if you want to just edit the title shown to the player or the actual bonus from it. It needs encrypted tho as stated previously.

Okay you said i'll use the hex editor. So i am going to open my ZONE.EXE with the hex editor. Then which part should I edit sir? To make it encypted? :D

No, I told you to open that file I posted with a hex editor so you can see that it is in fact the file you want to work with. You will see the titles in plain text, but you still need to figure out how to encrypt the file back to its original state after changing. I did not give you the entire solution to the problem, just a hint that your on the right track.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
is is the file you were asking?
domalaoco1 - Zone.exe Auto closes - RaGEZONE Forums

You can change them all you want. as long as you 00 the remaining spaces or does not reach the ÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ or this will crash the system and it wont run.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
is is the file you were asking?

You can change them all you want. as long as you 00 the remaining spaces or does not reach the ÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ or this will crash the system and it wont run.

That is the file I provided, but changing it is only half true, as you need to encrypt the file as well.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What dTantra did was dump the client mem where the HTScript.sys file uploads on the client.

anyone can do that, what only few can do is to make the encrypted file that server and client needs for running.
when I did that, I started by finding the Key used by Client and Server (both are different), then find which encryption server and client used (they both use standard Microsoft encrypt/decrypt), then I read from mycrosoft how those encrypt/decrypt works, then i debug both in ASM and find both keys, after that, was very easy to make my own compiler for the HTScript.sys, and i think that after almost 4 years from now, I still be the only one who took the time to make the compiler and understand the content of that file.

and NO i do not sell the compiler, and in my opinion those who just ask: HOW I DO THIS or THAT with out having any understanding of how the server and client works are LAZY ppl, and yes I can understand that not all have skills, but... for this you need to have at least some skills, not just the ASKING HOW.

So if you want to translate the titles, start by finding the encrypt/decrypt keys and if you ask HOW, then i will say READ microsoft encrypt/decrypt functions in c++, then learn some assembler (there are very good tutos on the web) and then use any debugger and search for those functions by reading the code on both: client and server, then you will know what you need to do with the dTantra file, even more you will be able to create the XML file for the HTScript.sys

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
simply as changing your HTScript.sys for the working one again..
if you want to change the title language instead of putting it in your zone , put it in to the client either.

Back