Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tut]How to Setup a Xampp webserver! (Easy and detailed guide)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello there.We are going to learn how to setup the xampp webserver.

1) Download Xampp for here
While you're installing it make sure to tick "Install Apache as service" and "Install MySQL as service"

2) After you download it install it to C:
Now open the Xampp folder and run setup_xampp.bat If it writes "Sorry nothing to do" then it means that your Xampp is installed! Now we must test if it was installed correctly.Run xampp_start.exe and then open the xampp control panel.

3)After you open the control panel check if near Apache says "Running" If it says running then don't do anything.If it doesn't says running then click on "Start" Which is near Apache too.

4) If you have a router then you must port forward.go to
When the site opens,select your router.After selecting your router you will see a list of games.Find "OtServ" and click it.Then you will see how to forward ports.Forward ports 7171 and ports 8000.With the same way forward ports 80 and 8080.Note if you don't have router skip this step

5) Now when you forwarded the ports go to ( if it doesn't work try )If it opens the xampp page this means that xampp is working!

6)Now you need only to download an aac for your server.You can find some here

7)Open your xampp folder->go to htdocs and delete whatever is in there.Open the AAC file you downloaded and put them all in the htdocs file.

8) Now go to If you see the aac you've downloaded then it means you have a fully working xampp+aac.

9) Now if people want to view your site they must write To find your IP address go to and copy the number that you will see there.For example if you see 12.34.56.78 then it should be the link for other people to view your website.

Trouble shooter:

If xampp with port 80 doesn't work:

go to control panel->windows firewall then go to its second tab.It is named "exceptions" If not then go to the second tab anyways.

Click on "open port" and write Port name: Xampp,port number 80,TCP and click "ok"

Then click again "open port" and write port name: Xampp,port number 80,UDP

With the same way open ports 8080 and 8000.Then reboot your PC and
it should work!

Doesn't it work?
There is an alternative way to make it work!

Still got problem? Ask here!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good work! I'm reading many about this post for apply in my server! Thanks you!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I hope you get a good server

like to make Tibia tutorails :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Trouble shooter:

If xampp with port 80 doesn't work:

go to control panel->windows firewall then go to its second tab.It is named "exceptions" If not then go to the second tab anyways.

Click on "open port" and write Port name: Xampp,port number 80,TCP and click "ok"

Then click again "open port" and write port name: Xampp,port number 80,UDP

With the same way open ports 8080 and 8000.Then reboot your PC and
it should work!

Doesn't it work?
There is an alternative way to make it work!

Still got problem? Ask here!

Well, my prob is, i have NO router, and firewall is OFF, also i added port 80 to the list, and all others, but when i go to it doesnt work saying that page doesnt exist, but when i go to

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
get the ip from whatsmyip.org
thats your wan ip chek if you didnt do something wrong ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what if my friends try to enter to my page but they see the page of my router not the one of my website

Back