Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GTA: San Andreas Online

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did read the rest of your post, just I don't have any replies on it.

Tbh I prefer SAMP over MTA though thats just my personal opinion. If you ask me i think this thread was created just to stir up an argument.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
MTA started in 2003... for Vice City. So you're both right, technically. And if Lua doesn't use a compiler, is the language interpreted?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tbh I prefer SAMP over MTA though thats just my personal opinion. If you ask me i think this thread was created just to stir up an argument.
No it isn't created for arguing or such, just telling and proving some facts.
Also, I don't remember that I mentioned the SA:MP was created with the MTA code, but the truth is that - it was..

MTA started in 2003... for Vice City. So you're both right, technically. And if Lua doesn't use a compiler, is the language interpreted?
I didn't understand your question that good, so qaisjp will answer on that one.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sorry but I really don't think you know what you're talking about. A project that started in 2003? I'm pretty sure San Andreas was released in like 2005. San Andreas Multiplayer isn't really "bugged" and it's completely debatable that Lua is an easier programming language than Pawn. Pawn's syntax is just as basic, if not more basic, than Lua's and doesn't use state-based scripting. Plus, a compiler is helpful because you can see whether you have made any areas before you playtest, and you tend to get more precise reporting of your errors and such. I find that much better than launching the game, reloading the gamemode, finding out something is not working for no apparent reason and then having difficulty finding what it is. However, yes, Lua is a much more powerful programming language. You can do much more with it. I will probably be moving on to MTA over SA:MP soon (I've dabbled in MTA before) though, but this post is just incredibly biased.​

The debugging without the requirement to compile (just to type /restart resource) in the game, helps in these ways:
Provides the specific line.
The warning/error is only given when the code has reached that point, so for example if there is an invalid element passed to a function when you type a command, it will give a debug to it. Much more specifics are given

No it isn't created for arguing or such, just telling and proving some facts.
Also, I don't remember that I mentioned the SA:MP was created with the MTA code, but the truth is that - it was..

I didn't understand your question that good, so qaisjp will answer on that one.
crocapy - you have no proof that SA-MP uses MTA code, and there is no truth behind it. Don't talk about that, nobody mentioned that you mentioned samp uses mta code. that discussion is finished.

MTA started in 2003 as an experimental piece of software, MTA:Race was the first software made by that team for San Andreas. From III to VC to SA.

Lua does have a compiler to compile it (faster, less prone to be stolen for client files), the language is interpreted I guess.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
SAMP is the most popular out of the two (or more, I've only ever played SAMP and MTA:SA). I much prefer MTA:SA as there are a lot more features, I mean just go on a server and you'll be amazed at how superior it is compared to SAMP.

Back