Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GTA: San Andreas Online

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

When someone says "San Andreas: Multiplayer" or "SA Online" or "GTA Online", others get it as he said "SA:MP", why would you think it's a SA:MP only?
Don't you think there is more online modifications that are better and successful than SA:MP is ?
I only see people here talking about SA:MP and only samp, samp, samp...
Have you even heard of Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas also known as MTA?
It is a project that started in early 2003. by few developers and today is one of the biggest GTA modifications ever seen, it was nominated for the top mod of the year!
Currently it contains about 5-6 developers, that is quite nice.
300,000 unique players per month is not little.
It is not like I am rushing SA:MP, I'm just saying there is a better and less bugged game modification that has unlimited posibilities with it's intergrated and EASY scripting system.
Interested in seeing MTA:SA? Head on ( It looks like an advertisement but it isn't )

I may have mispelled a word or two and maybe made a post in the wrong section, I'm in a rush.
If you do not have anything smart to reply, then do not post, just give your opinion.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, have you tried out MTA:SA, is it good?
- Give some feedback, please.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not seeing that much MTA posts anywhere, but also no one is interested into MTA scripting based on Lua language.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is not a competition topic but actually the fact is that MTA:SA is better than SA:MP - great opinion.
I would like to see more players getting to MTA from SA:MP because 80% SA:MP players never have heard for MTA, that's a fact also.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why don't you just test it off?

It has great anti cheat system, awesome scripting system, unlimited posibilities and much more...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well first count me the features SA:MP contains and then I'll compare it with MTA one's.

Reaction score
Well sa-mp also has an easy scripting language (pawn), you can change most of the things in the game as you like.

I don't know what features you see as important, maybe you should check out the wiki ( ) to compare?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also, the truth is when someone orders GTA:SA, he'll likely want to test out the Multiplayer, so he will likely type "GTA San Andreas Multiplayer" and guess what? The SA:MP will pop-up first and MTA wouldn't pop-up anywhere, that's why it even has more players.
Another thing is that many SA:MP people do use MTA:SA map editor, the fact is most people are sticking to SA:MP because there are more players.
Oh, one more thing - It is common that when MTA:SA releases it's next version, SA:MP releases few days later, because MTA:SA is Open-Sourced project while SA:MP isn't, so who knows, maybe a Kalcor ( ex. MTA Developer ) is just copy-pasting codes.

Okay, now comparation part.

San Andreas: Multiplayer
Good:
Simplicity
Easy to get into
Bad:
Bad sync
A bit too simple
No clientside, afaik
Not so much can be done regarding gamemodes.
Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas
Good:
Great sync
The mod it self looks great
So much potencial because of Lua
Server player limit is 65536
A bit advanced interface for people who like to have a lot of options
More features than SA:MP has
MAP editor
About 1000 functions and 400 events.

I didn't count that a lot of SA:MP features because I'm not regular SA:MP player and I don't know which features does it contain.
Correct me if I was wrong about the facts or so.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Why choose Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas

1) Faster loading time
2) Modules to create your own functions server sided using the SDK in C++
3) Lua scripting engine available client and server side (models are downloaded and imported, so no gta3.img editing required!)
4) Player limit: 65536
5) Map editor, which some SA-MP users use and convert to SAMP format.
6) Lua scripting engine is easier and cleaner to learn
7) Lua doesn't need to be compiled, so can be executed live.
8) Over 400 functions and events
7) The design is sleek and comfortable
8) Better synchronisation
9) Skin support
10) Music can be played client side, downloaded OR streamed!
11) Inbuilt account system
12) Flexible language
13) ACL system inbuilt
14) XML and other information can be saved client and server side.
15) More secure
16) Comparing MTA:SA 1.3 to MTA:SA 1.0.3 (1.0.3, 1.0.4, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3) the hacker/cheat rate has gone down from 20% to 2% of players.
17) Endless possibilities, almost anything can be achieved.
18) LightSync (coming soon in 1.4 afaik) (better, lighter sync of the current sync method)
19) Server keys to prevent other servers from accessing your client files
20) File functions
21) Web interface
22) Scriptable web interface
AND MUCH MUCH MORE!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes, the advantages of working without compiling:

1) Faster to tweak (no need to compile, just upload the editied)
2) Works best when developing with teams

Disadvantages:

1) Thieves can take a look at the code, but they can only see CLIENT SIDED CODE

Make up:

1) You can delete the not-compiled-script once it is read by the client via script

COMPILING:

1) Faster
2) Safer
3) Cannot be stolen (but can be decompiled, however decompiled outcome is not very good)

Disadvantages:

1) Actual source is hard to manage when working in teams (such as when capy and I are developing, we don't compile. but when we release, we will compile)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry but I really don't think you know what you're talking about. A project that started in 2003? I'm pretty sure San Andreas was released in like 2005. San Andreas Multiplayer isn't really "bugged" and it's completely debatable that Lua is an easier programming language than Pawn. Pawn's syntax is just as basic, if not more basic, than Lua's and doesn't use state-based scripting. Plus, a compiler is helpful because you can see whether you have made any areas before you playtest, and you tend to get more precise reporting of your errors and such. I find that much better than launching the game, reloading the gamemode, finding out something is not working for no apparent reason and then having difficulty finding what it is. However, yes, Lua is a much more powerful programming language. You can do much more with it. I will probably be moving on to MTA over SA:MP soon (I've dabbled in MTA before) though, but this post is just incredibly biased.​

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

MTA is a project started from 2003.
I know what the hell am I talking about.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

MTA is a project started from 2003.
I know what the hell am I talking about.

Yes, Multi Theft Auto started being developed in 2003. No, Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas was not. Also, you don't know what you're talking about seeing as you completely ignore the rest of my post.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did read the rest of your post, just I don't have any replies on it.

Back