Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Project "SuperNova.WS" Release 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah i did all those earlier too before downloading the newest commit, but now i launched it clean and i get this error before i can enter in game at all:

Error: Unknown character set: 'DEFAULT_ENCODING'

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Strange. Please try to download it again. I fixed this error in last commit. Sry :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also you can adjust /includes/init.php Insert string
define('DEFAULT_ENCODING', 'greek');
BEFORE
$update_file = "{$sn_root_physical}includes/update.{$phpEx}";

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok let me install again i tell you in few minutes :)

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Nope sorry the same error

Error: Unknown character set: 'DEFAULT_ENCODING'

even if i put the line in init.php, even if i set it to English as greek is not installed yet.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You really should try to use a bit of GIT. It's dramatically decrease number of operations to update SN to most recent version :) GIT basics are described in docs/install-en.txt
I can help you with some tricks - if you would like it

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

BTW if you need to go offline or busy now - just say. We will continue later.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You really should try to use a bit of GIT. It's dramatically decrease number of operations to update SN to most recent version :) GIT basics are described in docs/install-en.txt
I can help you with some tricks - if you would like it

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

BTW if you need to go offline or busy now - just say. We will continue later.

I downloaded the latest version as you told me i did it like 4 times now and i installed each time a clean one, i am sure of that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Still problems with charset? Try this:
Adjust /includes/init.php Insert string
BEFORE

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Still problems with charset? Try this:
Adjust /includes/init.php Insert string
BEFORE

check my previous post i did it too, didnt help at all, something is wrong. :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
M-m-m... ANy chance for FTP access to your copy of SN source?
Does it say which encoding is incorrect? 'DEFAULT_ENCODING'? Or empty string? Or may be 'greek'?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
M-m-m... ANy chance for FTP access to your copy of SN source?
Does it say which encoding is incorrect? 'DEFAULT_ENCODING'? Or empty string? Or may be 'greek'?

I am using it localy with appserv, the latest file i download from git is supernova-ws-SuperNova-V30-39-g71fc0d8.zip, no it just shows that error on a blank page, even if i add the line

in init.php and even if i alter it to 'english' since i dit not install greek yet, i cannot enter in game.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Damn. Ou-key... Try to move it to first line of init.php (jsut after ?php line)
Also try to add as next line
$lang['LANG_INFO']['LANG_ENCODING'] = 'greek';

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hm... Sry to asking - but are you sure you workin with same copy as your web-server does? Try to add as first line
print('zzzzzzzzzzz');die();
What does it say now?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
zzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah im sure, i am not so stupid :p, i was using 30d4 few hours ago with no problem, i downloaded latest from git to be able to translate but since then this error occurs each time: Error: Unknown character set: 'DEFAULT_ENCODING'

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I said "sorry" already :) Okay. Let's try another trick. /includes/db.php Replace in line 23
($lang['LANG_INFO']['LANG_ENCODING'] ? $lang['LANG_INFO']['LANG_ENCODING'] : DEFAULT_ENCODING)
with
'greek'

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Still error remains. Also i need to test it first in english i cannot put it greek since i dont even can access the game

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm confusing a bit... Lying - I'm confusing A LOT! Have you spare time to make more deep research? If yes...
/includes/init.php
As 2nd line (just after ?php) add
define('DEFAULT_ENCODING', 'greek');print(DEFAULT_ENCODING);die();

BTW - did you know PHP? Can I be less specific or you need detail guidance?

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Also... Did you have ICQ or Jabber to move there?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I know a bit i am not expert but i can manage it, i will try my best i dont know what wrong, i download from the link you gave me, if i use git clone i got another version, if i download from my browser i got the right version with the error, also why should i set it greek when i cannot enter the game at all? it would be better to set it default english or russian and after that be able to translate.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OH! git clone! NICE!
try
git checkout trunk --hard
If you succeed it will give you right version just from github. I'm not sure that github gives you right version - it can be my mistake too. Also try to restart your web server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back