Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Project "SuperNova.WS" Release 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hows going with supernova? any update's ??

Sure. Release 31 Release Candidate is online

Points of interests:
Artifacts
Officers divded to Governors and Mercenaries
Planet edit interface for admins
Implemented UTF-8 for different encodings
Buily-in Localization Editor for easier localizations
Reworked Phalanx
Reworked Jump Gate
Dark Matter Inflation :)

...and many other misc interface and gameplay improvements

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

Near-realtime update history

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Release 31 is launched! You can download files from links on first post

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi Gorlum! SN in a lot of things had been done, but a lot of things need to be done). Perfection is no chapel :blushing:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Kinda weird, i am using the latest stable release from master branch and it works fine, however any release from trunk branch gives me error, i use appserv latest 2.5.8, any clue?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Kinda weird, i am using the latest stable release from master branch and it works fine, however any release from trunk branch gives me error, i use appserv latest 2.5.8, any clue?

Yes, redownload latest archive from trunk. Some of the 33a10-25 have error in updater which made impossible to install engine from scratch.

Some updates to project status

Current stable release - 32. It was mainly bugfixing and improvement release. Point of interest - engine rewrote to eliminate all kind of errors with REALLY large numbers. Now engine can handle up to 10^65 units (ships, defence, etc) and virtuall unlimited number of resources.

There are plans for next release - 33. Points of interest:
Built-in version check system - manual and automatic. Anonymouse one
Temporary mercenaries
Server-side Avatars
Server-side Ally's logos
Naming Galaxies and Systems
Research moved from planets to user
Black Market - Information trader (pretty limited for now)
Built-in template minifier - gain 7-8% reduce in traffic with almost no loss in perfomance!
Basic modular structure for modmakers

And many-many more improvements and bugfixes!

You can download freshect version from Trunk now!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Project "SuperNova.WS" Release 33 - "Women day v2012!"

Release 33 is out!

References
======
The main project site:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how to change lang to English?

WHen registering just choose english flag to switch to english. This language will be used as default for this user.

For registered user - select menu item "Настройки" (second from bottom, golden color), then select "English" in dropdown "Язык интерфейса". Save changes by pressing botton at bottom of page.

For server - login as admin (admin/admin by default), select "Администратор" (top-most menu item) to enter Admin section of site, then select menu item "Настройки", then select "English (Englsih)" in dropdown "Язык интерфейса". Save changes.

Or you can make this changes on DB. Server config is in table "config" (mind your prefix for tablenames), user configs - in table "users".

Please use support forum (bilingual - Russian/English) for other questions about the game:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, Gorlum. I have some questions about your SuperNova project. This is OGame software right or is this totally rewritten so that people who use it wont be sued by OGame creators? Are the OGame images simply placeholders? I like where your project is going. I am looking for a mmo browser game that I can edit to my heart's desire to be themed after a totally different video game franchise. Is this current release you have secure and can it be updated with newer version you make without starting over any changes I may ad? I;d ask you to maybe change it up enough so it doesn't look or play like OGame so that the creators of OGame would have a hard time recognizing their software and try to sue people and take it down. I am very concerned about this if I'm going to use it and dedicate a lot of time customizing it. I have to do more research. Right now this seems too good to be true. Also, is it easy to remove certain features like say I only want 2 resources and I don't want to have certain structures or research, Is it easy to disable or remove them?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Good Morning!

First of all, Greetings to all here.

I decided that I will help with the translation project SuperNova.
For now, I will now start on the Slovenian language, and then the Balkans .. ;)

If you have any preferences for language, please contact us.

And if the creator of this poject read my text, please reply me or you for that?

Lp SloOgame Team

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good Morning!

First of all, Greetings to all here.

I decided that I will help with the translation project SuperNova.
For now, I will now start on the Slovenian language, and then the Balkans .. ;)

If you have any preferences for language, please contact us.

And if the creator of this poject read my text, please reply me or you for that?

Lp SloOgame Team

Sure! I'm always welcome translations to other languages!

SuperNova is very friendly by it's nature for localization:
1. It supports three separate levels of language selection - forced by _GET (by including language ID in URL), default - by server and user-selected.
2. SuperNova is full UTF-8 - so support virtually any language (should support RTL/LTR too - but didn't have a chance to test it yet).
3. SuperNova has build-in locale editor for easier translations to any language. It's pretty friendly and smart - it support localization arrays and constants set.

Hello, Gorlum. I have some questions about your SuperNova project. This is OGame software right or is this totally rewritten so that people who use it wont be sued by OGame creators? Are the OGame images simply placeholders? I like where your project is going. I am looking for a mmo browser game that I can edit to my heart's desire to be themed after a totally different video game franchise. Is this current release you have secure and can it be updated with newer version you make without starting over any changes I may ad? I;d ask you to maybe change it up enough so it doesn't look or play like OGame so that the creators of OGame would have a hard time recognizing their software and try to sue people and take it down. I am very concerned about this if I'm going to use it and dedicate a lot of time customizing it. I have to do more research. Right now this seems too good to be true. Also, is it easy to remove certain features like say I only want 2 resources and I don't want to have certain structures or research, Is it easy to disable or remove them?
Many questions so far... Will try to answer them one by one.
1. SN is lightly based on xNova engine. xNova engine - created from scratch oGame-like MMO. SN is xNova rewrited by 80% (main part of original xNova code - it's OpenGame template). I didn't see any points where oGame can have any legal issues with SN. However - I'm not a lawyer.
2. All images can be simply replaced by changing skin - there is a new non-oGame skin in SN distributive.
3. You should use "module" structure that was implemented in latest (33) release for your modifications.
4. Sadly, but SN project status is "ALPHA". For administrators it's not issue - SN contain sophisticated autoupdater - but for developers it may become pain in the butt. I'm trying to retain back-compatibility with old code but it's not always possible.
5. However you can easily disable some parts of the game. Most of disabling are easily done by modifying /includes/vars.php file. It's true for almost any unit: research, ships, defense, buildings. Unfortunatly - not yet for resources. The economic part still heavily relays on xNova hardcoded resource-related subroutines. I'm on my way to make this part less hardcoded (most of my new code treats "resources" as one of "unit" and have already rewritten to work with any amount of resource-types) and if you interesting I can make it totally soft-coded - for a price.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Project "SuperNova.WS" Release 34

Point of interest:
SuperNova celebrates 3rd anniversary! YES! SuperNova was developed already 3 years!

New Module: admin_planet_edit_extra. This module adds ability to edit main characteristics of planets. Contact me for info how to obtain this module.
New Module: XSolla paymeny system support: now you can gain money selling Dark Matter to your players! Contact me for info how to obtain this module.
New Module: Premium Account. Now players gain minor (or major - if spend enough moneys) benefits when spending Dark Matter on purchasing Premium Accounts. Contact me for info how to obtain this module.

Impersonation: Now admins can look into the game from player's eyes! Great help to track bugusers and help players to resolve problems.
Schematics: New game mechanics to replace and extend "one-level officers"
Birthday: New game mechanics to reward players on theirs birthday
Navbar: Fully reworked navbar with new appearence
Admin-Player list: Fully reworked Player List for server admin's convinience
Hnagar: Fully rewrited Hangar
Statistics: More statistics for your player to measure theirs penises!
Sector Buy: Extend your... planet sector count by buying additional sectors for DM!

Misc changes:
Fully reworked Engine techs: Now engine techs works against minimal level (with penalty when level requirements not meet) and engine techs grants fuel economy
Fully reworked unit purchase officers: All officers that influenced unit production time reworked. Use Google Translation of supplied documetation for more details

...and many more changes and fixes

See links in the starting post for download SuperNova engine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back