Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

XNova Redesigned Re-Project V.0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
XNova Redesigned Re-Project Update to V.0.06

XNova Redesigned Re-Project V.0.06

This project was updated to 0.06

I so sorry the updating is too slow.

Very thanks Geodar help me to coding this project.

I release this version is base on the version of "XNOVA UK".
It was already fixed some bugs and I will develop it in the future.
If you want to help me develop it, please give me your username on Github.com!

My source code is here:
Code:
https://github.com/freejerry/XNova-Redesigned-Re-Project

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
VERY VEEERY Good, but not so often updated, and at some places buggy(Like the countdown script, or to be more accurate, the whole absent of it...) missing button images ect, but if you will spend more time for it, it will be a very VERY good ogame clone :D i like it and watching your progress ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does combat work? I worked with a couple of Beta 14 versions but the whole combat system looked like it was written for a totally different database, it was about fields that just do not exist at all, it could not possibly have worked.

Reaction score
Does combat work? I worked with a couple of Beta 14 versions but the whole combat system looked like it was written for a totally different database, it was about fields that just do not exist at all, it could not possibly have worked.
maybe because combat engine was coded by python.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I could not get either the python or php combat to work. Possibly my host does not support python though, I do not know whether it does or not so when I found python did not work I configured to use php.

But entire filles were missing, such as MissionCaseAttack.php in the functions folder. I searched many variant releases to find versions of missing files. I have MissionCaseSpy working as a result but I have not even tried the last set of attack files that I managed to obtain, some from older variants such as 2moons.

Luckily my players actually like not having combat since they see it as a nice long extended period of newbie protection, though they are building at least some defences in case they log on one day to discover attacks suddenly work and someone has attacked them.

There were a lot of cosmetic fixes needed too, though I still have a mysterious occurrence where the bottom bar appears below the bottom of the browseer window and then next time you pick a page the list of planets does not appear. I have not figured out yet what causes that and I suspect that firefox's view source goes and gets the page again thus doesnt truly show me the source of the problem, instead getting a new copy of the page which maybe doesnt have the problem since usually on second get of the page the problem does not happen.

I also changed the galaxy number input to allow 3 digits since otherwise you could only have one digit number of galaxies and I wantyed 500 galaxies, and adjusted the distances between systems and between galaxies and the forumula for storage didn't allow enough storage to be able to build the next size after a few levels so I had to make a new formula for the storage facilities.

I also found alliances or guilds whatever they call them was buggy.

To get some stuff working I had to grab a slightly different release to get some things from, as a result I got stuff working that had not been working before but also the tech trees in the individual techs displays stopped even trying to appear instead of buggily trying-and-failing to appear. I also grabbed a full list of all techs and units display page from elsewhere since there didn't seem to be one, what I have isn't pretty and has some glitches but at least does provide a way of figuring out what you need as pre-requisites to get the units or techs you want to get.

All in all it has been a lot of work just to get it as far as I have.

Are you implying that the python version of the combat does in fact work? It works for you? If that is the problem I can try to get my host to enable python if in fact they dont give me python ability currently.

The NPC trader also seemed to be broken, but I disabled that entirely anyway because there was no time involved in shipping the materials and they came from no-where and went no-where. It looks like there is some code from some other distro present that is meant to enable trade between players but again no shipping times and not even any checking that enough ships are present to carry the amount of goods to be traded.

EDIT: I am uploading what I have to github as

-MarkM-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back