Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Not actually having to "vote"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm really suprised by this that so many people still don't know you don't need to ACTUALLY vote on gtop to receive vote points LOL.

The only server I ever saw that you actually needed to vote was a Runescape private server Soulsplit, they actually could tell if you voted or not, so why can't MapleStory servers do it?

Is it even possible, well I guess it hasta be if Soulsplit could do it, but why isn't anybody doing it?! I mean i'm SURE igleast 25% or more players don't ACTUALLY vote when receiving there vote points.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: [Discussion] Not actually having to "vote"

I'm really suprised by this that so many people still don't know you don't need to ACTUALLY vote on gtop to receive vote points LOL.

The only server I ever saw that you actually needed to vote was a Runescape private server Soulsplit, they actually could tell if you voted or not, so why can't MapleStory servers do it?

Is it even possible, well I guess it hasta be if Soulsplit could do it, but why isn't anybody doing it?! I mean i'm SURE igleast 25% or more players don't ACTUALLY vote when receiving there vote points.

I remember a server [I think it was localMS] where if you didn't vote, the redirector/client launcher-thing made it so that you had to vote before playing and the dialogue box-thing wouldn't go away unless you arrived on gtop100.com/maplestory. I was pretty surprised, but it was cool.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Devon you always find a new thing to witch about dont you?
OT: People vote to receive points and most of the players that vote want to see there server on the top so there for they WILL vote

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I remember a server [I think it was localMS] where if you didn't vote, the redirector/client launcher-thing made it so that you had to vote before playing and the dialogue box-thing wouldn't go away unless you arrived on gtop100.com/maplestory. I was pretty surprised, but it was cool.

Hmmm.. that sounds interesting, I think I will think about that..

@Zack True, but there are those people that don't give a damn about how many votes the server has and just want there rewards so still i'm sure alot of people don't legit vote.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

@Zack True, but there are those people that don't give a damn about how many votes the server has and just want there rewards so still i'm sure alot of people don't legit vote.

You got a point and Yasen that was true as well but think about it. Dont you think its annoying as hell to have to vote every time you like want to play? Also it will be against GTOP ToS.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

You got a point and Yasen that was true as well but think about it. Dont you think its annoying as hell to have to vote every time you like want to play? Also it will be against GTOP ToS.

haha, we already pretty much make players vote, so why not go all the way??

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score

A lot of servers use the same old voting script, they don't modify it to utilize GTOP Incentive Voting thingymabob.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

A lot of servers use the same old voting script, they don't modify it to utilize GTOP Incentive Voting thingymabob.

Thanks for this, i'm going to use it.

Reaction score

I don't remember that being implemented, I just know we had a Lupen with a VOTE thing next to it, there was nothing behind it other than leading to the gTop100 voting page.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well, I was going to try using the api system provided by gtop to vote, but if you actually use it, you can only load up the report every 10 seconds.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So devon, I've worked with you, what you're saying is you're a penis who doesn't like supporting A) The servers you like and play on and B) The servers you've worked for before? Good thing we didn't re-hire you cause this is a god awful silly thread and I'm ashamed of you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So devon, I've worked with you, what you're saying is you're a penis who doesn't like supporting A) The servers you like and play on and B) The servers you've worked for before? Good thing we didn't re-hire you cause this is a god awful silly thread and I'm ashamed of you.

LOLWUT?!?! Uhm, 1. I never said I DON'T VOTE?! i'm saying there are people out there who don't, jeez, where did you get that..?

I can see how it came across that way but no, I actually do vote.

I don't know what your rambling on about, are you even the real Mikeh..?
And never got fired, my account got hacked, and I quit.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

I don't remember that being implemented, I just know we had a Lupen with a VOTE thing next to it, there was nothing behind it other than leading to the gTop100 voting page.

hm it actually might have been nido, i honestly cant remember and i get local/nido confused often.

offtopic: If i were a mod.... even just for a day...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Most people who plays private servers in the first place thinks you have to complete the voting process to get the vote points / etc even though it's on a complete different site. Regardless whether or not it's actually like that.
Most voting scripts aren't coded to actually detect if you voted or not if I'm not mistaken.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most people who plays private servers in the first place thinks you have to complete the voting process to get the vote points / etc even though it's on a complete different site. Regardless whether or not it's actually like that.
Most voting scripts aren't coded to actually detect if you voted or not if I'm not mistaken.

LOL well honestly, I never vote I just click the vote button and exit the gtop100 page.
And I'm sure I'm not the only one...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
LOL well honestly, I never vote I just click the vote button and exit the gtop100 page.
And I'm sure I'm not the only one...

In case you didn't know, "most" means a majority.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I believe Arcane had that feature for the vote command ingame but not on the website.

Back