Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What is your advertising strategies for Maple Servers?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey RZ men and women....

Advertisement Strategies

I've seen a bunch of Maplestory Privates' and their communities are either lacking or over-killing their advertisement campaigns. I would like to discuss with others the neutral techniques of advertising.

"This thread is not a place to advertise your server, but is a general thread to discuss the diverse amount of ways to advertise a server."

Cons:​

Rewards:
Based on knowledge, many Administrators of a maple server may rely on it's "community/players" to do the "dirty" work (Advertising) in return for a prize. In some cases it does not express good morals, because they are doing it for a reward and not for loyalty, but in the long run it helps advance to larger community. Society today already knows this motivate the players as a whole, because who wouldn't want a prize for a great deed.

False Advertising:
This method has a 50-50 chance of getting the server somewhere. One little piece of text can change a person's impression of a server. An illustration for this can be, "creating a gtop with over exaggeration of things you don't have, or things you are planning on having." On a first impression, a person would go like,
Bob said:
"Hey I just found this, and this is crazy... wtf where is it?"
Bob found a maple server he would have potentially liked, but the feature he was looking for isn't there yet, or at all. If you don't have anything else to back up your False Advertising, it will only promote negative attention, or angry ragers(haters) continuously waiting for it to be released. In the mean while, try to stay up-to-date with the player, so they won't think you are deceiving them. They might stay with you for the time being, but as time passed and the things they wanted where never added, they will feel that they wasted time waiting for that "so-good-to-be-true" feature that was promised in your fail tactics of False Advertisement. Bad techniques like this creates a domino effect into it, meaning how much False advertisement will determine how much un-loyalty in the (Fail Meter) is expressed.

Yes there are Pros and Cons for the Cons, but wouldn't you want to do it the mature way?

Pros:​

Motivation:
Build a positive player-base and motivate the players to help advertise, you can throw in a couple rewards for the best advertisement, for a small boost in motivation in the community. A player wants attention so supporting their decision of making an advertisement for the server is mandatory. Try to avoid promotion of cocky advertisers, showing "all that damage"(ultimate douche fest.). People hate those types of advertisements. "An advertisement that relates to a player, will help determine one's decision. If a newcomer feels this is the right server to them, through an advertisement, that advertisement is the one you should use.

Do it yourself (DIY):
Recording updates/features on a video or update log (helps promote a player to determine their decision to join or not). Maybe, Let's Play on social sites, which does great justice(In some way, maybe based on popularity).
The players are mostly reliant on the coders/staff's contribution/features. Although people DO NOT want an extremely elaborate text or video of something (positive boredom syndrome). At least it shows that the staff is dedicated to their server, and they will open their hands to the player and show support; events for the competitive players

"The undecided:"​

Being successful is easy? HECK NO! Don't go over your standards in advertisement, it might even be a waste. Although, being a douche/perfectionist, does make the players think your server is beastly, when you look at it in another way (It's not about the damage, it's about the stability and the positive features added). Players of different social standards would have an interest in the server.

What is your input on advertisement strategies for Maple Servers? Do you think Cons would overpower Pros in this scenario?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol i had my servers fully advertised, i was really motivated though and i convinced the first players to advertise and bring their friends,etc...

But the best way to advertise is putting your server on gtop.

Being sucessful is easy when you're motivated to do anything, when you're not motivated it's hard, yea.

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey RZ men and women....
Advertisement Strategies

I've been thinking about this for quite some time, I got some ideas if anyone's really interested in getting their servers off the ground, it's what we did with Celino, as for this thread I finally think there's something worth discussing in this whole "general section" of MapleStory, I'll write somethings out to help everyone along and hopefully post it on here.

Last edited:
Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just say in #vana 'hey guys I got ingame in V.XXX' and people will start bug me about it and want to join. People invite other people aswell.

Back