Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Black Mage Release Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So what do you think Nexon will do before, during, and after releasing an actual boss battle against the Black Mage? Will they stop updating it and move on to MapleStory 2? Will they keep on releasing and coming up with new commanders? What will they do?

My best guess will be that they will indeed release more and more commanders till they release the actual fight. They might add another world and a whole new section of lore to go in with the story of MapleStory. They might even throw in a super secret hidden boss that is above the Black Mage. Who knows? Anything can really happen and I doubt we will even get a hint at the actual battle this year. Also, I think that the fight would be class restricted meaning that only Hero classes can fight him, it kind of makes sense to me!

What do you think?

<3
Reaction score
So what do you think Nexon will do before, during, and after releasing an actual boss battle against the Black Mage? Will they stop updating it and move on to MapleStory 2? Will they keep on releasing and coming up with new commanders? What will they do?

My best guess will be that they will indeed release more and more commanders till they release the actual fight. They might add another world and a whole new section of lore to go in with the story of MapleStory. They might even throw in a super secret hidden boss that is above the Black Mage. Who knows? Anything can really happen and I doubt we will even get a hint at the actual battle this year. Also, I think that the fight would be class restricted meaning that only Hero classes can fight him, it kind of makes sense to me!

What do you think?

There is still at least 4 more commanders assuming they don't add any extras such as those who left the Black Wings to start up a new organization. I bet you they'll add another organization just like how they add their jobs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is still at least 4 more commanders assuming they don't add any extras such as those who left the Black Wings to start up a new organization. I bet you they'll add another organization just like how they add their jobs.
Yeah, so I guess they'll try to milk out as much content as they can put in before they add the boss fight. I don't think they can really add anything after the Black Mage release but a higher evil.

BloopBloop
Reaction score
They will never Release the BlackMage, because MapleStory will never end....
They will more likely add a "Clone" of the BlackMage

<3
Reaction score
Yeah, so I guess they'll try to milk out as much content as they can put in before they add the boss fight. I don't think they can really add anything after the Black Mage release but a higher evil.

The Black Mage was originally a kind person who started the Society of Light. But he was consumed by the light. So I'd predict of the Society of Darkness.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm assuming that the Black Mage will end up being released with level 200 weapons/armor.

We have level 150 weapons/armor. Reasons to believe that the level of armor will keep going until it stops at 200/250.

Fifth Job is obviously going to be added. It should be shortly after that hopefully.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Nexons trying to delay it as much as possible. KMS has been out since 2003 yet we barely know anything about the black mage. I wouldn't be surprised if the Black Mage isnt released in the next five years.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You think so? I would've thought Hyper Skills took care of that.

Considering the fact that the job advances were moved to level 100. We have a lot of leftover SP from 182 to 200.

I'm pretty sure 5th job will be added. Hyper Skills was just a middle ground to keep players satisfied until that happens.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Marksman's would beg to differ.

For over 8 years, Marksman have suffered so much. Even Piercing Arrow couldn't compete because it had to be charged.

With no cool down on snipe, Marksman have moved a poop ton up the DPS chart.

Some of these hyper skills have helped classes that were originally underpowered, climb back up in the leader boards.

I think that hyper skills benefit Explorers more than the other branches of classes. Though, of course they had to get them as well to make it fair.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
My prediction is that they either won't release the "Black Mage" or probably release him and reveal a bigger "Boss" or "Villain". MapleStory itself is getting bigger with in every day so they will probably have to reveal some new Villains other than the already known ones. Also they should focus more on the least "played" jobs. It's kinda ridiculous for them to keep releasing more newer and overpowered jobs when the old ones are no match for the new ones in damage wise. Every single release of a job gets more powerful and the old ones seem to be more uncommon within the days. If they were to make a update might as well "buff" up some of the older and less played jobs or perhaps revamp them all and make them interesting. They did it for Cygnus Knights but then some of them for example "Wind Archer" is just way "too" revamped / overpowered after that update. It is just ridiculous how many horrible updates Nexon has made in the past years. If they were release the "Black Mage" boss, I would kinda prefer they not to until they revamp the older jobs.

Have Fun!
Reaction score
Even if they release the black mage, they will make sure there is something bigger than him. After all, there is no end to the game, so there shouldn't be an end to the story too.

-Sent from my mobile-

Reaction score
Actually, if anyone here actually reads the questlines and etc., pinkbean was an attempt to bring back the BM, but obviously it failed. So I would assume you can call it a "clone".

-My friend told me this so If i'm wayyyyyy off OPPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back