Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

When will the booting stop?

Reaction score
Ive been having so much boot attacks (People disconnecting me from my internet) constantly. It's absolutely IRRITATING. It all happened after some big incident in a maple group. I don't see why i'm involved though, I didn't do anything yet i'm the one getting booted EVERY day.
Is there any damn protection out there?
I'm also surprised that I didn't disconnect typing this.
The only reason it's in the MapleStory section is because all this garbage has been happening BECAUSE of hosting maplestory. I don't see what kind of childish attitude people have and the fun people have in making Server hosters suffer, with no absolute reasons. What makes them decide to boot me, for no reason? ._.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I sellls u protection $250 broo. 10gbps protection. Oh ya & go get a VPN if your at home too.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Same problem here, I'm planning on buying this when my server comes out

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Stop making it easy for people to get your personal IP then?
Things such as:

• Don't let people know your skype, that you don't trust
  • Going to weird websites related to the dos/ddos attacks (Such as going to your competitor websites)
  • Not clicking links people give you, that you don't trust. (Use a proxy for that)
  • etc etc etc, plenty of other stuff.
(Btw If your maplestory server is hosted on your server, obviously the 2nd answer to that is get a vps so people don't boot you directly.)

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
TS:

I may not understand fully what you're trying to say but from what I can see here ... This is not at all relevant to MapleStory, if you think I may have closed this without the proper understand or would like to reword your post. Please feel free to PM me, until then.

Closed.

EDIT: A friend on MSN has informed me of what exactly this thread is about and it does seem to have some sort of relevance, however OP please make sure you edit your original post and add some additional detail about your problems.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
TS:

I may not understand fully what you're trying to say but from what I can see here ... This is not at all relevant to MapleStory, if you think I may have closed this without the proper understand or would like to reword your post. Please feel free to PM me, until then.

Closed.

EDIT: A friend on MSN has informed me of what exactly this thread is about and it does seem to have some sort of relevance, however OP please make sure you edit your original post and add some additional detail about your problems.

it's relevant when a kid only needs to pay 5$ or less for a booter and take down any server because they are jealous of the server being successful.

and not many hosts offer protection against > 1gbps attacks for cheap. (cheap as in in the 100$'s of dollars, most of them are 1000$'s when it costs only a few bucks to do an attack that's above 1gbps)

I've been hit by 1gbps-12gbps attacks past week because other servers be jelly of our success. (or just the kids)

this happened to me when i hosted at home too.

Any protection for home? Not really, unless you're willing to pay for costly hardware.
Somewhere between 50k$ to 100k$ to buy the hardware.

" What makes them decide to boot me, for no reason? ._. " <-- jealous of your success or becoming successful, because they themselves suck so bad.

Last edited:
Back