Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Things have never changed...

Reaction score
It does have the drop data and things like global drops and shop info. I was under the impression that was just custom stuff though because no one has exact values for drops and shops. I do recall using that still and yes it is not from the wz files so that is a good point. Anyhow, MCDB is still data for the game, in SQL form, which is what I'm trying to get at (unless I'm way off and you actually get the data from the client itself, which I find is very unlikely... pretty sure it's from the wz files). Also this guy: View Profile: Sactual - RaGEZONE - MMORPG development forums has MCDB implemented in his source. I think he ran into some trouble though with maps giving null pointer exceptions.

Why don't you just step off Java and go to the more superior C++? No need to rewrite a MCDB database loader, no deadlocks, compiles to ASM, no failing Java VM anymore and you will feel the pain if you do something wrong.

Go Vana!
Are you saying you can't get deadlocks in C++? Or just Vana has no deadlocks? I've run into deadlocks while coding in C++ before.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
zPsychotic, iKillCypher, ExtremeDevilz, xZain, no idea how I should call you.

Anyway, coding your own mcdb (creator) isn't that hard. In fact, Lithium has these dump bats. You just have to create your own for the other xml's. I was suprised by how fast a MCDB is when I first tried it out.

<3
Reaction score
It does have the drop data and things like global drops and shop info. I was under the impression that was just custom stuff though because no one has exact values for drops and shops. I do recall using that still and yes it is not from the wz files so that is a good point. Anyhow, MCDB is still data for the game, in SQL form, which is what I'm trying to get at (unless I'm way off and you actually get the data from the client itself, which I find is very unlikely... pretty sure it's from the wz files). Also this guy: View Profile: Sactual - RaGEZONE - MMORPG development forums has MCDB implemented in his source. I think he ran into some trouble though with maps giving null pointer exceptions.

Are you saying you can't get deadlocks in C++? Or just Vana has no deadlocks? I've run into deadlocks while coding in C++ before.

I am kinda lost as to what you said at the beginning. What do you mean by global drops? Are we speaking of drops similar to those of GMS or?

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
~zPsychotic~

What about the way of getting data that is used in KDMS? It is working like this: -*if i am correct*-
-Extract tool does make a "Output_ls.bin" file -
-WzReader reads the "Output_Is.bin" file and loads it when starting the LoginServer -

~Kona~

~you must be new here~

You know what else doesn't change? people like OP complaining about things not changing but doing nothing about it

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I lol'd so hard at that thread. Extalia is based on Shoot (Odin) and it's definitely not made from scratch. Heavily modified... yeah...
Wait, didn't Hendi use C++? If he's using Java, then I'm genuinely surprised. I would have thought he would base it all off DelphiMS.

you are kidding right...

every source will always remain barebones of odin... unless you wrote it yourself....

and nvm you just dont understand how mcdb works...
If you also look at Diamondo's MCDB release, you'll notice a few small differences on the values if you compare it to KiniroMS's.
Full MCDB support has actually been released. I don't think the source download links work anymore, but between KiniroMS and some others that were released, everything has been released pretty much. I use MCDB on my source, and SuperLol is correct. It's basically what Lithium does. All you're doing is using an SQL over the XML loading. There are differences on the SQL, of course, because MCDB uses some different values than what Lithium does. As retep998 has said, MCDB uses the additional information in the WZ in its values and that's what makes it a bit different.

If you do choose MCDB ever, I always suggest using a boolean for switching between XML & MCDB when you want, since both have pros and cons.

Last edited:
Back