Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Things have never changed...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have been away for months but

Things that will probably never change..

people start development thread but goes into ghostly mode

all other server emulator that gets written in C#/VB/Delphi etc seems useless people are saying odin is the best when no one had any idea about how it works.. the one that does is no where to be found..

half of the tools are written in C# and odin is in java

no one have successfully wrote mcdb for odin and replace the xml/wz format..
knowing that mcdb is way faster

stuff like this gone un seen : http://forum.ragezone.com/f427/release-reactor-loading-mcdb-634763/

everyone leech no one cares..

BloopBloop
Reaction score
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
this people are all gone.. probably they had fun with java.. sorry not a fan of programming..

BloopBloop
Reaction score
this people are all gone.. probably they had fun with java.. sorry not a fan of programming..

3 people are alive ectually 4 (hidden & zero)

Now How manny leechers are there hmmmmmmm 10k 0_0?
3 out of 10k isn't that bad xD

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
still does not change the fact that no one has written a mcdb and wipe off xml/wz for good..

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
still does not change the fact that no one has written a mcdb and wipe off xml/wz for good..

If I remember correctly, some don't even require changing to mcdb, but the only troublesome part is changing it every version you want to update. Unless, you stay on one version.

I don't exactly remember. I've never done MCDB in my past, so yeah. So many people don't really care about the performance of the source, as long as they make a profit. That's what the community has turned into.

Have Fun!
Reaction score
Odin itself is not a bad source. What it has become over the years is bad.

-Sent from my mobile-

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hidden & Zero(Extalia)
-------------------------
"barebones from Odin"
I lol'd so hard at that thread. Extalia is based on Shoot (Odin) and it's definitely not made from scratch. Heavily modified... yeah...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
kevintjuh93 said:
Extalia is still odin

my topic is on mcdb ? why isn't anybody wrote a loader for it ?! rather then using some crap xml running some sql ref (lithium) why not full mcdb ? someone name goldenkelvin did it in his repack... call KiniroMS and people look pass it

Liv3 said:
but the only troublesome part is changing it every version you want to update.

nothing is needed to be change and if you know the wz/xml has alot of rubbish in them dont believe take a wztool from southperry and take alook at it there are double ids and ids which are invalid and extra newline,carriage written etc

and it is not hard to write a WZTOMCDB Parse... there are library in C#/Java/Delphi etc (MapleLib) pick your poison :cool: there is a MCDBTool in C# but it lacks stuff and incompleted.. you would to get the source and then recode alot of stuff to get it working..

and loading will be much faster and better...

Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
my topic is on mcdb ? why isn't anybody wrote a loader for it ?! rather then using some crap xml running some sql ref (lithium) why not full mcdb ? someone name goldenkelvin did it in his repack... call KiniroMS and people look pass it

nothing is needed to be change and if you know the wz/xml has alot of rubbish in them dont believe take a wztool from southperry and take alook at it there are double ids and ids which are invalid and extra newline,carriage written etc

and it is not hard to write a WZTOMCDB Parse... there are library in C#/Java/Delphi etc (MapleLib) pick your poison :cool: there is a MCDBTool in C# but it lacks stuff and incompleted.. you would to get the source and then recode alot of stuff to get it working..

and loading will be much faster and better...

Why don't you just step off Java and go to the more superior C++? No need to rewrite a MCDB database loader, no deadlocks, compiles to ASM, no failing Java VM anymore and you will feel the pain if you do something wrong.

Go Vana!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Delphi newest MCDB tool.

that tool seems to give error on EMS/MapleSEA/JMS Etc and on GMS it works but you cant extract map or mobs something about memory ? looks like it was coded by Hendi48

Diamondo25 said:
Why don't you just step off Java and go to the more superior C++? No need to rewrite a MCDB database loader, no deadlocks, compiles to ASM, no failing Java VM anymore and you will feel the pain if you do something wrong.

Go Vana!

you want me to go for C++ no thanks I must as well stay on where Im today...

Reaction score
Flav and Hendi use a really old version of v75 shootsource and changed it a lot. It's definitely not from scratch or even "barebones of odin" or close to that. Then again most players think server is from scratch. I remember people thought MoongraMS was from scratch and it actually took me some time to convince them that it was based on released ShootSource that I put up a long time ago...

If it bothers you that no one releases anything for MCDB you should go make it yourself (as you're complaining about leechers anyway). It's not that no one has successfully done it. It's no one has publicly done it. I know this one guy implemented it in v83 even (not KiniroMS). I did a lot of sql parsing for data in v88 because it was lighter. Lithium also has a lot of that. I don't know why people all like mcdb though. XML with SAX is not that slow and you never need to make new ones. I only did sql reading, which I made the sqls myself, in v88 because I never thought I ever needed to update. I did a tiny bit of v101->v104 and the updates were quick and it got really annoying to get the SQLs again and again. A good 30 minutes or so would be needed just for the basic stuff. With XML you never have to do that.\

That's pretty much what MCDB is. Did you look at the SQLs? It just reads the XML files into SQL format. It's basically what Lithium does.

The way I did my SQLs was I would basically read the info from the XML files, and parse it into SQL format. If you need some guidance I can help you with that. I don't recommend it if you are continuously updating. It's not worth it if you need to swap it every 2-3 weeks.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Superlol said:
really old version of v75 shootsource and changed it a lot. It's definitely not from scratch or even "barebones of odin" or close to that

you are kidding right...

every source will always remain barebones of odin... unless you wrote it yourself....

and nvm you just dont understand how mcdb works...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you are kidding right...

every source will always remain barebones of odin... unless you wrote it yourself....

~zPsychotic~

What about the way of getting data that is used in KDMS? It is working like this: -*if i am correct*-
-Extract tool does make a "Output_ls.bin" file -
-WzReader reads the "Output_Is.bin" file and loads it when starting the LoginServer -

~Kona~

Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
~zPsychotic~

What about the way of getting data that is used in KDMS? It is working like this: -*if i am correct*-
-Extract tool does make a "Output_ls.bin" file -
-WzReader reads the "Output_Is.bin" file and loads it when starting the LoginServer -

~Kona~

Original idea by Astaelan btw. Kerelmans made somewhat the same method for WvsBeta, that I modified for KDMS. Binary data is always faster than text.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
WvsBETA is messed up.. but still better then the nut job odin but I will give you my respect for it being in .NET(C#)

Reaction score
well said bro well said..
Could you at least avoid using an alternate account to reply to your own topic? Every time you come back for a visit it's the same old story.

MCDB is simply the data in an SQL database. It is faster than XML, especially for doing queries. However, against a fast binary system (such as NX), it is much slower.
Why has nobody switched to MCDB or NX? It's because nobody can be assed to put the effort into upgrading to those systems when the current system works well enough.

Reaction score
you are kidding right...

No, I am very sure i know how mcdb works. It's the XML data in SQL form. Maybe you don't know how mcdb works? Something tells me you've never opened up the actual SQL file that mcdb runs off of.

Not even going to comment on the barebones part, because you just agreed with me, but also misunderstood what I was saying.

Reaction score
No, I am very sure i know how mcdb works. It's the XML data in SQL form. Maybe you don't know how mcdb works? Something tells me you've never opened up the actual SQL file that mcdb runs off of.

Not even going to comment on the barebones part, because you just agreed with me, but also misunderstood what I was saying.
The official MCDB by Bui is not quite the XML data. It has various typos by Nexon corrected, it has all the useless animation info and anything else only the client would care about stripped out, and it has the addition of extra information such as drop data. This means that MCDB is vastly superior to XML mainly due to content.

Back